The Douglas Luiz Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

The Douglas Luiz Thread

Contributed massively to the turn around against Watford when he came on.

He is only 21. He was signed by Pep. If true they rate him enough for a buy back clause. He has played for Brazil already.

Is not the finished article by any means. And if you hadn't seen him play the above should tell you he is quality already . He will be a top top player. He will be hot property along with the Supers and Mings if we go down.

Contributed massively to the turn around against Watford when he came on.

He is only 21. He was signed by Pep. If true they rate him enough for a buy back clause. He has played for Brazil already.

Is not the finished article by any means. And if you hadn't seen him play the above should tell you he is quality already . He will be a top top player. He will be hot property along with the Supers and Mings if we go down.

We are not going down.

He's getting better each game. I think we are still trying to figure out where and how to play him to best affect, but next season I suspect he will be lorded as a supreme player...the type you build a team round.

I think we have quite a few players who are new to the PL and are likely to be much better next season than this.

He sees a pass. Doesn't always complete but some of the balls he sends through are top drawer. Hopefully Samatta will benefit from his vision. If he could keep his concentration levels up he'd be a 90 minute player.

Has all the attributes and great to see his celebration. He also clearly supports Wesley, which will be vital if he is to make it. Don't want anyone isolated in this team, don't want any "Wesley's shite" replies either thanks. I know he's not set the league on fire, yet, but time is on his side and we are always too quick to write off someone else's £20m investment.

Young and talented takes time to mature. Any doubts on this just look at Jack, he's always had talent but its taken a few seasons for that to fully emerge to the point that he now controls games and is one of the best players in the PL.

This is why we need experience alongside the younger and recently imported players so that we survive whilst we give them the game time and coaching required to develop them. There's a heck of a player in Luiz but it will take time and patience to fully emerge.

Good offensive midfielder and if he can improve his tackling to the levels of SJM then he'll be the complete player.

In an ideal world, we'd have bought him for £15m and loaned him to little Norwich for a season but just like Dougie we aren't quite at that stage yet

Not much positivity currently but this lad has been the one player to shine for us since the restart so I thought he deserves some praise. Looks to have stepped up a level.

I'm certain we'll be in the championship next season so could be a struggle to keep him but if we did he could run every game provided we get someone half decent alongside him.

To be honest he's always looked good to me and now he understands "man on" his only issue has gone. He's comfortable on the ball and that always unnerves English football fans we panic it's how we are brought up Brazilians the ball is his friend.
I think Marv will be the same, he's quite happy to have the ball anywhere and play his way out rather than launch it. Both need to learn that occasionally row Z is the right decision

Not much positivity currently but this lad has been the one player to shine for us since the restart so I thought he deserves some praise. Looks to have stepped up a level.

I'm certain we'll be in the championship next season so could be a struggle to keep him but if we did he could run every game provided we get someone half decent alongside him.

we won’t keep him as his future is already agreed. Back to citeh, who only parked him with us to get a work permit. Top player but we’ll be lucky to make £5m based on the agreed resell fee of £20m quoted at the time.
Interesting that he is younger, or same age as Callum O’Hare. Maybe that tells its own story, but I’m convinced that crap management limited O’Hare’s development.

He will get better. He has a whole load of talents. Remember that wonderful goal scored from way outside the penalty area sometime last year. Few players would even attempt it.

Even if we get relegated, luck may be on our side. If City recall him only to sell him on, then they'd be looking for £25m - £30m minimum to make a useful profit. I've a feeling a lot of teams even in the PL are going to be short of cash next season.

we won’t keep him as his future is already agreed. Back to citeh, who only parked him with us to get a work permit. Top player but we’ll be lucky to make £5m based on the agreed resell fee of £20m quoted at the time.
Interesting that he is younger, or same age as Callum O’Hare. Maybe that tells its own story, but I’m convinced that crap management limited O’Hare’s development.

Yeah O'Hare should have been loaned out aged 17/18 and been in and about our squad in the championship afterwards. To be fair him and a few others from his generation were loaned out to get games in Smiths first window but it was probably too late.

If (lets face it when) we go down then next season we need to see the likes of the Ramseys, Barry, Wright and others of that age group either loaned to get first team football or on the bench. Whatever else you might say about him Purslow was 100% right in saying that if you're playing under 23s aged 20+ somethings gone wrong.

Recall him from what? He's our player, they'd have to buy him, for which they do have first refusal.
They have a buy back so they can take him back presumably whenever they want, assuming he agrees to it.

They did a similar thing to Angelino they sold him to PSV and once he looked alright they took him back... they’ve since sent him back out on loan. I think though if we stay up he’d be better staying with us rather than going back to City, unless they will guarantee him game time. If he proves to be good enough for that level with us the top clubs would have no issues buying him for whatever the price anyway.

The clause only stands for this summer window and nexts from what I remember reading at the time, with it being considerably more expensive after a second year at Villa.

They don't need him of course. They spent 60m on Rodri who plays the same position and is only in his early 20s. Wouldn't shock me if they just bought him back then immediately sold him for a profit though.