The dawn of a new era...... | Page 4 | Vital Football

The dawn of a new era......

It doesn't sound promising on O'Connell.

Would like to address some comments I've seen to the effect of being unable to replace him because 'overlapping LCBs are hard to find'.

No, you utter fucking simpletons.

It's not the 'overlapping' that's hard to replace, it's everything fucking else.

How many football retard fans do we have who've managed to watch JOC all these years and only think 'overlappy centre back'?

We really need to go out and buy Jake Cooper. He can play left in a three (including getting forward, which he has modelled on JOC's play), centre of a three or left of a two. He's tall, strong, excellent in the air and is a goal threat from set pieces. Add in some competition for Basham, such as Sanderson from Wolves, and two or three attacking midfielders (or wide attackers if we want to play 3-4-3) on loan and we'll have excellent squad depth for the Championship.

It doesn't sound promising on O'Connell.

Would like to address some comments I've seen to the effect of being unable to replace him because 'overlapping LCBs are hard to find'.

No, you utter fucking simpletons.

It's not the 'overlapping' that's hard to replace, it's everything fucking else.

How many football retard fans do we have who've managed to watch JOC all these years and only think 'overlappy centre back'?

His ability in the air saved us 10 goals a season. Add in his positional sense, strength and range of passing and he is a big miss. Any one who thinks Robinson or Norrington Davies are the answer has never played centre back.

Every match bully? We won a few and that made me happy.
3 of us used to go in the greyhound in ecclesfield after the match and all the pigs used to say what’s up with you lot you’ve won haven’t you and we’d tell them how turgid it was to watch so I disagree Chips winning football isn’t always pretty but that’s my opinion and as always you’re entitled to yours however wrong you may be

Hopefully JOC can make a recovery and resume playing football, at present it doesn't look good but you never say never.
Certainly Utd signing JOC was a match made in heaven and credit to CW and the coaching staff for pushing his career forward. From being a regular loan player and a third choice CB at Brentford to a major player in our 3-5-2 system was outstanding. Clearly playing in that system suited him down to the ground as it did for the majority of the squad.

3 of us used to go in the greyhound in ecclesfield after the match and all the pigs used to say what’s up with you lot you’ve won haven’t you and we’d tell them how turgid it was to watch so I disagree Chips winning football isn’t always pretty but that’s my opinion and as always you’re entitled to yours however wrong you may be
Can't understand how winning is so bad for some. The last match I 'enjoyed' but we lost was 3-5 at Wembley. But I'd rather have one 1-0 on a fluke mate.

His ability in the air saved us 10 goals a season. Add in his positional sense, strength and range of passing and he is a big miss. Any one who thinks Robinson or Norrington Davies are the answer has never played centre back.

It's also just things like his clearances always being convincing. All the small things he does consistently well builds so much confidence and efficiency in that area of the pitch - and it's a big area.

He times his forward runs intelligently and can hit a good cross, but other players could replicate that to a large extent, more and more so as they got used to the system, if we continued with it.

As I said, it's everything else that's important in a replacement. And Jake Cooper is still the stand out choice.

The main problem with getting Cooper is that Millwall won't be under pressure to sell. They haven't over-extended themselves financially as far as I can tell, and after a couple of top half finishes recently they are quietly assembling a decent looking side at the moment. I'm sure their fans will be hoping for a play-off push this season. Stoke have just sold Collins for £12m, so I wouldn't be surprised if Cooper is valued at £8-10m, which might be too much for us unless we sell a big hitter first.

Catching up with all the club's social media output and Jokanovic cuts an impressive figure. This is a guy who as a player has been to world cups and the Euros, he's been a top flight player in Spain and England and as a manager won those two promotions. There's no one in the squad who can think "I'm not listening to this guy, he wasn't fit to lace my boots as a player".

Good to see Slav's title is First Team MANAGER, none of that 'first team coach' nonsense.