The Danny Ings Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

The Danny Ings Thread

Does anyone have any stats for Watkins missing expected goals or hitting the post? I'm sure he hit the post/crossbar a lot last season.

Just had a positive thought, that if Watkins goal contributions can be the same as last season (or better), and Ings can recover the rest, plus add his own.....that's a serious amount of goals.

Yep, and even the much maligned Bert and Ghazi chipped in with 17 goals between them.

Serious firepower.

Yes. I did hear this potential news yesterday. But I just dismissed as it just wouldn’t be true at all would it.

Sigh.

Maybe he doesn't want to leave us. With Ollie and/or Ings up front, and Bidace an option, can't see why we'd keep Davis or Wesley. All three are a different class.

Bidace looks like he's got the right head for the game IMO, based on just a few minutes viewing but nevertheless he caught my eye in a way that Davis/Ramsay et al never have.

Behind Ings/Ollie and in front of Ghazi all day long IMO.

"We had a really good chat and they showed me the direction they want the club to go in. It was really exciting. I looked at it and I thought it was an unbelievable project. I looked at the squad and the players they have brought in. It was something I wanted to be part of"

Deadly in the box, didn't win anything outside the box but when that ball drops in the bang he's on it like a flash. Hopefully, his finishing will rub off on Ollie