The Daily Headcount | Vital Football

The Daily Headcount

ChipButtyBlade

Vital Squad Member
Just thought i would start a thread for all forum members.

Just so you can let everyone of your Blades mates on here know how you are doing/coping with the situation we are in.

Tell us first how your health is and family health if you want to,tell us what you are doing to keep active and brain stimulated,what is happening in your locallity regarding the virus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me i am ok in both health and family health,activity mainly centres around walking my 2 dogs Logan the GSD and Lola the Alaskan GSD,do it separately with them.

Went to Iceland yesterday morning they have a Pensioner shopping hour+ and the two security guys asked me how old i was he thought i only looked in my late 50's,always looked younger than i really am,they did let me in,just for some frozen fish and naan breads.

(y)

My and my wife are in our early 70's so trying to avoid too much contact.
Went to Morrisons at Halfway at 7 this morning for our noraml weekly shop.
Car Park 80% full and lots of shoppers. Some empty shelves but got most of what we needed.

No tinned potatoes
No beer (boxed) but loads of lager (I don't drink it).
They had plenty of bread in rolling cages (save loading shelves I suppose).
No hand sanitisers

I just want the papers and the TV to stop showing the empty shelves.

Agreed with my wife that today and Sunday will be my last to the pub/club
and will stay in after that in the most part. It would be just my luck to win big on the lottery and be unable to go out to celebrate!!

All the best to every Blade and their families.

Glad to read that you and yours are o.k. CBB.
Due to being a widower, I now live on my own, although my children don’t live that far away if needed. For years I had two dogs, but since I lost my last one, I no longer have that pleasure - except looking after my sons’ dogs while (if) they go on holiday. Due to dodgy feet, I can’t walk the big distances I would like to but happily, I can still cycle, although nowhere near as far or fast as I used to. I suppose I should think myself lucky that I can still do that.
The old grey cells are currently kept busy working out how I can limit the grievous losses on my publicly traded shares. :stab:

Biggles,how about investing in one of them fancy electric bikes,might make getting around alot more easy for you.

Ever thought of getting a shelter dog,i read a sad story yesterday of a dog (old) that needs a home after its owner had passed away.

Morning all - glad to hear you are ok.
Chips I have just put a Facebook post out there about the media stopping showing these images - interested to see what sort of reaction I get.

I'm fine - a bit younger than you guys - however shopping for my neighbours who are in their 80s and self-isolating. Very tricky as they want the basics you can't get - so am turning into some sort of food detective at the mo tracking down basics in the area. Yesterday I tracked down some eggs via Facebook :wahey:

Our business, a travel company, is completely down the pan at the moment but most of our customers are being good enough to postpone rather than cancel their hols - which will save us and the travel industry I think.

Happy enough at home - enjoying the birds that are now finally returning to our garden after a long winter - today saw chaffinches and dunnocks for the first time this year.

London due to go into lockdown this weekend I reckon - I live within a stones throw of the M25 but north of it so might escape for now.

Biggles,how about investing in one of them fancy electric bikes,might make getting around alot more easy for you.

Ever thought of getting a shelter dog,i read a sad story yesterday of a dog (old) that needs a home after its owner had passed away.

Cheers for the suggestions CBB, but I already have two e-bikes (one normal and one fold up) for the really steep hills or if it is windy. They are great for me, although I do yearn after those years when I didn’t need them - although even then, Winnats was a bit of a challenge. Sadly, 20 years and about 35 pounds of extra weight has rather put that out of my range.
I’ve been a member of the Dogs Trust for about 35 years and have given the matter of having another dog much thought. The problem is they are so tying and in normal times I travel rather frequently so I am reluctant to commit to another one.

Aya, a bit surprised you have only just spotted a dunnock in your garden as they normally are around all year. Perhaps the previous one(s) died.
I have a lot of different species visit (over 20 so far this year). The most interesting newcomers are the parakeets!

Sorry to anyone ( and Biggles) if my 'like' was for a part sad story. I like all the posts not necessarily some of the content, if you get me.

Last edited:
Aya, a bit surprised you have only just spotted a dunnock in your garden as they normally are around all year. Perhaps the previous one(s) died.
I have a lot of different species visit (over 20 so far this year). The most interesting newcomers are the parakeets!

The parakeets must have headed north then - because they are a lot less of them around down here at the moment. Amazing noisy birds - completely took our bird feeder over at times last year - 6 at a time perched on it - hilarious. I had to shoo them off to give the rest a chance.

Have hardly seen any birds around so far this year Biggles (we are surrounded by trees and cats so not a great spot) but this week definitely the count is up - and the Robin is back too (a bit larger this year I note).

P.S. Aya. Does this travel company of yours offer big discounts to big Blades?
I have been trying for a long time to find a decent guided tour of the 3 Baltic states, plus Poland and the Czech Republic. Any ideas?

Family FKB is alive and well. Mrs FKB delighted to find she is a Key Worker. Myself less so, as being in the hospitality sector our business has gone to zero and I expect will be there for 3-5 months. I am continuing to pay wages for my team although they are all on their respective settees watching 'Home under the Hammer' as I speak. Our kids, (21, 23, 25..) and elderly relatives are all fine and cared for. Sensible precautions are being followed to the letter, including social distancing, which Mrs FKB started with me even before the virus. Toilet roll status is currently 14 unused, so we're good to go.

I am now reminding myself of all the things I said 'if only I have like a clear month or two to do 'x'', Well now I have, so I'm busy learning new software tools, and taking a daily walk of 5kms (www.go4awalk.com) and hope to be stronger leaner and fitter when we come out the other side as we surely must. Its like retiring, but in the knowledge that I will go back to work later in the summer.

I am also limiting my internet use to the BBC Live page, and an occasional look in on Vital, and ignoring all the chatter from the morons. As such my mental health, in particular my levels of frustration, has improved enormously. I now don't give a bugger who thinks we're doing it all wrong and it is very liberating. Boris, the Chancellor and his Chief Scientist/Medical man is as far as I go for advice.

Best wishes to all of my chums on Vital, even the ones I don't like. Stay safe and we will all be fabulous again very soon...

Last edited:
Family FKB is alive and well. Mrs FKB delighted to find she is a Key Worker. Myself less so, as being in the hospitality sector our business has gone to zero and I expect will be there for 3-5 months. I am continuing to pay wages for my team although they are all on their respective settees watching 'Home under the Hammer' as I speak. Our kids, (21, 23, 25..) and elderly relatives are all fine and cared for. Sensible precautions are being followed to the letter, including social distancing, which Mrs FKB started with me even before the virus. Toilet roll status is currently 14 unused, so we're good to go.

I am now reminding myself of all the things I said 'if only I have like a clear month or two to do 'x'', Well now I have, so I'm busy learning new software tools, and taking a daily walk of 5kms (www.go4awalk.com) and hope to be stronger leaner and fitter when we come out the other side as we surely must. Its like retiring, but in the knowledge that I will go back to work later in the summer.

I am also limiting my internet use to the BBC Live page, and an occasional look in on Vital, and ignoring all the chatter from the morons. As such my mental health, in particular my levels of frustration, has improved enormously. I now don't give a bugger who thinks we're doing it all wrong and it is very liberating. Boris, the Chancellor and his Chief Scientist/Medical man is as far as I go for advice.

Best wishes to all of my chums on Vital, even the ones I don't like. Stay safe and we will all be fabulous again very soon...

14??? We're down to 10 and a half - and hubbie is being very mean with it. Daily walking is fab - infact there are a lot of wins we can get out of this situation if we turn our minds to it. UTB

P.S. Aya. Does this travel company of yours offer big discounts to big Blades?
I have been trying for a long time to find a decent guided tour of the 3 Baltic states, plus Poland and the Czech Republic. Any ideas?

Sadly not Biggles - however if you're ever considering a golf or photography holiday - I'm your gal!
What about this one.......although Czech Republic missing.

https://www.onthegotours.com/Poland/Poland-and-Baltic-Discovery-13-Days#itinerary

nows the time to enquire - there'll be some great deals out there if you're happy to chance it. The travel business is on its knees at the mo - so any support will be hugely appreciated

Just thought i would start a thread for all forum members.

Just so you can let everyone of your Blades mates on here know how you are doing/coping with the situation we are in.

Tell us first how your health is and family health if you want to,tell us what you are doing to keep active and brain stimulated,what is happening in your locallity regarding the virus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me i am ok in both health and family health,activity mainly centres around walking my 2 dogs Logan the GSD and Lola the Alaskan GSD,do it separately with them.

Went to Iceland yesterday morning they have a Pensioner shopping hour+ and the two security guys asked me how old i was he thought i only looked in my late 50's,always looked younger than i really am,they did let me in,just for some frozen fish and naan breads.

(y)
All the way to iceland to walk the dogs...blimey..is that volcano still active...

:throw::sorry:

Suppose in a way I'm lucky...no immediate family to care of, all other family live in Lichfield or Four oaks on edge of brum, am fine, am keeping a daily record of my temperature....weight and blood pressure, trying to lose some weight as well, bought an exercise bike/trainer the other week, but can i bugger get nearer to my co-op...sommat wrong with it, always stays in same spot, might take it back..
:cheers::grinning:

everyone fine here after the wife was self isolating.
shopped as normal no probs
had to close club and lay of staff which was heart breaking
im at home just trawling through the internet.
bored as owt.

everyone fine here after the wife was self isolating.
shopped as normal no probs
had to close club and lay of staff which was heart breaking
im at home just trawling through the internet.
bored as owt.
Sorry to hear that twirlo, Glad to hear though you and your good lady are ok, stay safe.

Sadly not Biggles - however if you're ever considering a golf or photography holiday - I'm your gal!
What about this one.......although Czech Republic missing.

https://www.onthegotours.com/Poland/Poland-and-Baltic-Discovery-13-Days#itinerary

nows the time to enquire - there'll be some great deals out there if you're happy to chance it. The travel business is on its knees at the mo - so any support will be hugely appreciated

Thanks Aya. That looks quite interesting. I can always do The Czech Republic on its own at some later date.
It certainly looks better than any I have found, so is certainly worth investigating further. Cheers! (y)

Hi everybody.
Here in Spain (Costa del Sol) we are in total lockdown, we can only go out to shop, Chemist, and a short walk with dog (we don't have one - thinking of renting one Lol) and only one person can be in a car at any time - so only one of us can go shopping :ROFLMAO:. If you get stopped by the Guardia it's anything up to a One thousand Euro fine. As for keeping busy I am a "Community President" i never stop being busy! then i tend to all the personal stuff, Bank accounts etc, chat boards, "Quora" (check it out, it's full of information about a lot of things, and also the mighty Twitter, then because i can't attend the Gym as usually (pushing weights) i have devised my own fitness routine to tie me over - press ups 100 every day, running up four flights of stairs three times, every day dealing with problems in the community i do a fair amount of walking, every day including weekends. If i get time i might pretend i am on holiday and open a bottle of vino - but then the weight goes on and i have to run some more, FFS !! THE BEST BIT, I can re run a lot of the mighty Blades recent matches, then there's always U-TUBE to run the documentary on our transfer window a few years ago - when my day is done i might manage six hours sleep!!

My wife and myself are ok. I’ve to be careful because I come under the vulnerable list of people with my MS and plus my age. So we are self isolating as they are calling it. it’s hard to get your head around what’s happening. We lived through the polio epidemic in the early 1950s that killed millions as well as leaving thousands crippled for life. None of these kind of restrictions were put in place then. Just our mother threatening us to keep away from the local fishing pond to go swimming. There was rumours that polio was passed on through dirty water🤭 Diphtheria was also a killer in the 1940s. A vaccine was found and my age bracket were some of the first to be vaccinated against it. The vaccination program for us children was free, government funded. Vaccination eradicated Diphtheria by 1950. Just one more thing. My Grannie was Irish and very suspicious of modern vaccine and when my mother took my older brother and me for our injection Grannie tried to suck it out when we got home!!! 🤭😂😂

Last edited: