The Daily Headcount | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Daily Headcount

Well we are both still here I’m working as normal don’t know for how much longer as I’m in the high risk category having diabetes 7 people are off self isolating from work so not everything being taken out daily my walk is up to date tho as both me and my work buddy are ever present so far. Tried doing supermarket shop late on to avoid the crowds but alas it also avoids the stock as well been to several during the week after 7pm,finished up a workmates wife picked me some bread and eggs up yesterday as we had run out been out after work today and bread is in the shops but fresh meat was very hard to come by couldn’t buy a chicken for love nor money but we’ve got enough for a week at least I can get quite creative in the kitchen when pushed,waiting to see what the so called announcement will be regarding high risk people on Monday playing it by ear at the min carrying on as normal as I don’t think it’s took hold properly in Sheffield yet and being in a key job trying to do my bit but when the time comes I don’t feel safe I will self isolate to protect the mrs, I should say we are avoiding contact with the public whilst working by keeping the 2m distance and signing for everything on our pda machines ourselves with a code and leaving parcels on the doorstep but making sure they are collected otherwise we card them and return them to the office

glad to hear everyone doing fine so far happy birthday and a get well soon from me and let’s hope we all come out the other side so we can continue our love affair with Chrissy wilders red an white army

Down here in Cornwall, everything is fine. The better half has a lung problem so we are very aware of the best practice. I get regular lectures over the phone from our kids who all live locally, about social distancing and isolation. We usually pick up the grand kids from school but won't be able to do that now. I know that schools have closed but my kids work for police, NHS and teaching so their kids still have to go to school. They are not happy!
I could, in theory, go to work because you can't get further away from society than being out at sea. Trouble is its blowing a howling gale from the east and is forecast to continue for the next 10 days. Add to that, the price of fish and shellfish has dropped through the floor which means the value of any catch would not cover the cost of diesel. I'm fine but consider those fishermen with young families and massive loans on their boats. Desperate times for them and some of the other self employed.
And finally, all the local politicians are trying to stop holiday makers from coming to Cornwall to get away from mass infections in the big cities. Perhaps the Cornish Nationalists will put a bomb under the Tamar Bridge.
Stay safe guys and gals.

Down here in Cornwall, everything is fine. The better half has a lung problem so we are very aware of the best practice. I get regular lectures over the phone from our kids who all live locally, about social distancing and isolation. We usually pick up the grand kids from school but won't be able to do that now. I know that schools have closed but my kids work for police, NHS and teaching so their kids still have to go to school. They are not happy!
I could, in theory, go to work because you can't get further away from society than being out at sea. Trouble is its blowing a howling gale from the east and is forecast to continue for the next 10 days. Add to that, the price of fish and shellfish has dropped through the floor which means the value of any catch would not cover the cost of diesel. I'm fine but consider those fishermen with young families and massive loans on their boats. Desperate times for them and some of the other self employed.
And finally, all the local politicians are trying to stop holiday makers from coming to Cornwall to get away from mass infections in the big cities. Perhaps the Cornish Nationalists will put a bomb under the Tamar Bridge.
Stay safe guys and gals.
Good to hear from you ccb I wish you would post more often

Just seen this on another site. Maybe of use if it's true.

Sheffield City Council have opened a service for vulnerable people and folks over 70 who need help and support in an emergency.
Things such as food, gas and electric, medications etc.
The number is 0114 2057120 and is open 9-5 Monday to Friday.

As I only go the the pub/club on Fridays and Sundays, today is my first day of my adult life that I can't go out for a drink (there was a holiday to North Wales
where the pubs closed on a Sunday.....that was another nightmare).

I not looking forward to canned beer - it's enough to turn my to off but I'll
risk it.

Keep safe.

Been absent due to laptop problems.

We are both fine ATM and I have only been out ( in contact with others) twice, both for hospital appointments for eye treatment which, seeing as I can now see the screen from about a foot away, seems to be working.

Both of us are 67 so being cautious although the wife has become the shopping 'hunter'. We have Aldi & Tesco close by and both are suffering from idiots stockpiling and chicken and milk are in short supply but , generally, no real issues although the wife is shopping more regularly than normal.

Son is busier than ever as an accountant with loads of companies using them for wage processing so lots of queries. Might have to go to home working soon .Daughter works at a children's nursery and numbers are dropping but, ATM, still working full time. She has already been approached by some families to look after their kids at home ( parents home not ours!) should the nursery close. Granddaughter - 6 - visited yesterday and now off school and, as her mum works from home normally, her mum is not looking forward to looking after her all day as the young 'un never stops so it will be a challenge to keep her occupied

BTW I think schools seem to be over egging it a bit. Surely they could prioritise exam years as well as key workers to keep some sort of continuity for them. If 50 % of staff are ill surely they could still cope with 50% of the kids or am I missing something?

Keep well everyone , keep smiling, keep positive and keep exercising- 45 mins a day on the exercise bike for me.

Stay well fellow Blades.
Both of us and the dog are fine here in Seville.
Now into our 6th day of being locked in the house, we have not seen the peak of new infections yet but we are told new cases should start dropping here soon. It's the only way we're going to beat this thing by not having contact with anyone and spreading it around. Stay home and safe everybody.
Keeping our fingers crossed (and soapy) that it doesn't drag on for too long.
Been absent due to laptop problems.

We are both fine ATM and I have only been out ( in contact with others) twice, both for hospital appointments for eye treatment which, seeing as I can now see the screen from about a foot away, seems to be working.

Both of us are 67 so being cautious although the wife has become the shopping 'hunter'. We have Aldi & Tesco close by and both are suffering from idiots stockpiling and chicken and milk are in short supply but , generally, no real issues although the wife is shopping more regularly than normal.

Son is busier than ever as an accountant with loads of companies using them for wage processing so lots of queries. Might have to go to home working soon .Daughter works at a children's nursery and numbers are dropping but, ATM, still working full time. She has already been approached by some families to look after their kids at home ( parents home not ours!) should the nursery close. Granddaughter - 6 - visited yesterday and now off school and, as her mum works from home normally, her mum is not looking forward to looking after her all day as the young 'un never stops so it will be a challenge to keep her occupied

BTW I think schools seem to be over egging it a bit. Surely they could prioritise exam years as well as key workers to keep some sort of continuity for them. If 50 % of staff are ill surely they could still cope with 50% of the kids or am I missing something?

Keep well everyone , keep smiling, keep positive and keep exercising- 45 mins a day on the exercise bike for me.

I've a number of teacher friends - and boy do they like to moan about their lot (which I am sure is terrible if anyone is reading this?!?!) Love them, but they are one group of people I don't ask about their jobs.

Guess what - we've just been to Tescos.........and it was empty!!! Get down to your supermarkets peeps - I think people are having a day off. Only thing not possible to buy, as usual, was toilet roll and handwash - but told to come back early tomorrow if I need it. Even eggs were available. Toilet paper spotted in Lidls apparently :detective:

Have started watching a film a night - cos I don't really bother normally. Watched Zulu last night - pretty good and loved Michael Caine in it.

I've a number of teacher friends - and boy do they like to moan about their lot (which I am sure is terrible if anyone is reading this?!?!) Love them, but they are one group of people I don't ask about their jobs.

Guess what - we've just been to Tescos.........and it was empty!!! Get down to your supermarkets peeps - I think people are having a day off. Only thing not possible to buy, as usual, was toilet roll and handwash - but told to come back early tomorrow if I need it. Even eggs were available. Toilet paper spotted in Lidls apparently :detective:

Have started watching a film a night - cos I don't really bother normally. Watched Zulu last night - pretty good and loved Michael Caine in it.
One of my all time favs is that aya got it on dvd but also on my planner now it’s an Xmas staple for me usually around new yr lock all the doors nibbles and booze and settle down for the afternoon 👍

Being married to one, I can understand your views about Teachers. Mrs FKB is pretty practical and down to earth, but some of her colleagues...well. 'Snowflake' seems a bit too robust for the poor little darlings...

Didn't need to shop at all today, although dinner is looking like an episode of Ready Steady Cook, that one where they reveal half a dozen mismatched ingredients, and you have to make a meal out of them. Liver and marmalade omelette! Yum.

We did go for a walk in Derbyshire earlier. Interesting to see the dynamics of how far away people were keeping. Lots of people isolating in a group. 2mtrs from their group to anyone else, but keeping close to their own. Judging from the photo's of Richmond Park in London today, there's no need to guess why they are having more cases there.

Some right good films on, and my policy of recording all United games is now paying dividends. Rediscovered The Mighty Boosh. What a programme...!

Can I just say if you have not got the "Google duo" app on yer phone get it, allows you to video conference with Freinds and family, we had a family pub quiz last night using it, I was doing well until the Harry potter round...killed me...was a right good laugh.

Can I just say if you have not got the "Google duo" app on yer phone get it, allows you to video conference with Freinds and family, we had a family pub quiz last night using it, I was doing well until the Harry potter round...killed me...was a right good laugh.

thanks Diode - will sort that out - as I was trying to work out how a group of us could get together......also got a friend who is a pilates teacher who is trying to work out how to do a class remotely - and thought of your chatroom as an example as I think you can do video there?

thanks Diode - will sort that out - as I was trying to work out how a group of us could get together......also got a friend who is a pilates teacher who is trying to work out how to do a class remotely - and thought of your chatroom as an example as I think you can do video there?
Yes you can Aya, yo can create your own room for that, you can either make it a public room, is it will shown on the rooms list of the site, or make it private, if you set it up Aya you will be the mod, but you can also make others moderators and yes every one can use their cameras on there phones, laptops etc.

Yes you can Aya, yo can create your own room for that, you can either make it a public room, is it will shown on the rooms list of the site, or make it private, if you set it up Aya you will be the mod, but you can also make others moderators and yes every one can use their cameras on there phones, laptops etc.

cheers Diode - I'll pass that on - aren't humans' great at finding a way round things - technology is definitely helping at the mo.
I have another friend who is having her first video linked piano lesson tonight

If i dont do this the "daily" will become "every other day" :contract:

Went into town late afternoon to go to Howden House,walked past Peace Gardens and there were some small groups of Eastern Europeans,the pefect sized groups for transmitting the virus,all on the benches,they must think they are invincible.

Town overall is deserted,ive seen more people at Manor Top on Xmas day.

I think Boris should force all supermarkets to close with immediate effect, and only allowed to open for online shopping. This would give shops more of an opportunity to exhaust "manpower" on online rather than hurds of people charging in like its the start of the grand national. They'd also be able to use up other staff such as replenishers and cafe/checkout staff. I appreciate that not everyone knowledge to do an online shop (my parents refuse but they are in the vulnerable bracket). Nothing is stopping their children/in-laws/friends from doing an online shop for them to be delivered to their door.

He should also put everyone on lockdown (except key workers such as supermarket staff, NHS, police/army etc) - businesses pay 80% of wage - unless you're in a position to work from home.

I don't think people realise how serious this is, maybe they will when it's their relatives who become a statistic! Though I don't believe that all those who have died in the UK had ill health.

Just me off here goin to work later today then or is there anybody else

yes I know most of you are retired jammy sods