The Daily Headcount | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Daily Headcount

Everyone is still ok in our house. 2 kids both in their twenties have recently moved out, one to share with a mate near the centre of Sheffield and one just bought her first flat but thankfully only 15 minutes by car from us. They still come back home 2-3 nights a week and my wife really wants them to move back in for a couple of months. I manage a business that sells PPE and Hygiene products so we are absolutely mad busy at the moment. It’s getting harder to find any of the critical products and we are having to pay up front and at much increased prices to make sure we keep supplying. Really sad that the pubs have shut but I do support that. Panic buyers make me angry and this really should be policed. We all moan about our life’s sometimes and wished we went out more etc but what I would give for my normal routine now, it just seems really strange. All we can do is look after family and friends, like we are with my mum. My in laws live in Tenerife and their lockdown is much worse than here. I hope everyone stays safe and look after your families. Don’t forget there are always people worse off and the homeless also need our help where we can,

Everyone is still ok in our house. 2 kids both in their twenties have recently moved out, one to share with a mate near the centre of Sheffield and one just bought her first flat but thankfully only 15 minutes by car from us. They still come back home 2-3 nights a week and my wife really wants them to move back in for a couple of months. I manage a business that sells PPE and Hygiene products so we are absolutely mad busy at the moment. It’s getting harder to find any of the critical products and we are having to pay up front and at much increased prices to make sure we keep supplying. Really sad that the pubs have shut but I do support that. Panic buyers make me angry and this really should be policed. We all moan about our life’s sometimes and wished we went out more etc but what I would give for my normal routine now, it just seems really strange. All we can do is look after family and friends, like we are with my mum. My in laws live in Tenerife and their lockdown is much worse than here. I hope everyone stays safe and look after your families. Don’t forget there are always people worse off and the homeless also need our help where we can,

Think we are going to hear summat regarding the panic buyers after Boris has his meeting with the supermarkets today.

Good to hear you are all healthy and well. (y)

Hope all are doing ok
Me, Burthday bash cancelled for tomorrow
Yes , my Birthday is same as SUFC , the big 60
Working as normal
Wife laid off work
Son in Notts working from home
Daughter working as normal
Miss my Granddaughter, not seen her for Two week
Stay safe guys

Happy Birthday Bday

Me had a bit of a headache for the last day and woke up at 5am with a coughing fit,mi eyes feel a bit wattery,but i feel ok in myself.

Just been to Manor Top shops,managed to get some bog rolls in Poundland,some cat biscuits in Jack Fultons,and some chicken wings in Asda,oh and my daily newspaper,the Daily Star came in a plastic bag with the Express,do they have pics :p in the Express never bought it before,£1.20 for the pair.

Haapy
Hope all are doing ok
Me, Burthday bash cancelled for tomorrow
Yes , my Birthday is same as SUFC , the big 60
Working as normal
Wife laid off work
Son in Notts working from home
Daughter working as normal
Miss my Granddaughter, not seen her for Two week
Stay safe guys

Happy BD.....you nowt but a young'un

Just spent 4 weeks in hospital, followed by a week in full lock down as I'm in the high risk category

Our first grandchild is due in 6 weeks... and as she'll be born in Sweden we won't be able to see her until she months old :cry:

Just spent 4 weeks in hospital, followed by a week in full lock down as I'm in the high risk category

Our first grandchild is due in 6 weeks... and as she'll be born in Sweden we won't be able to see her until she months old :cry:
Get well soon mate
Yeah miss my granddaughter loads
Her and the Blades keep me going
And can’t see either of em at the mo!!!!
Just been watchin us hammer the porkers at theirs 2-4, on YouTube
At least that put a little smile on my face
Take it easy

I feel for ya pal but as long as your Grandkid arrives safe and sound is the most important thing.I've not been too well but thankfully nowt to do wi the coronavirus.Mi family's had a awful last few weeks we lost mi aunty early march then her husband(mi uncle)died a few days after.They were a magnificent couple who'll be missed by many,mi younger sister's mum in law died a few weeks previous to that also.Touchwood our Gertie,mi boys and mi glorious 8 month old Grandaughter are all well.Be safe folks and allus remember WE'RE ALL BLADES AINT WI. Happy 60th Raysa,:cheers::party: but dint you start countin your age until you were 20 yrs old?:giggle: UTMPB

Stay well fellow Blades.
Both of us and the dog are fine here in Seville.
Now into our 6th day of being locked in the house, we have not seen the peak of new infections yet but we are told new cases should start dropping here soon. It's the only way we're going to beat this thing by not having contact with anyone and spreading it around. Stay home and safe everybody.
Keeping our fingers crossed (and soapy) that it doesn't drag on for too long.

I hope everyone is ok, and those who do have to self isolate come out of it unscathed.

At the moment I am mulling through life as normal. Going to my full-time job, whilst worrying that my family is ok at home. At the moment my employment is opening but for how long we don't know. They have looked at the option of working from home, so, in the not too distant future that may well be a possibility.

Stay safe everyone

Good thread. Me and missus both in vunerable category with COPD. I'm mild shes moderate due to her smoking history. She's isolated I'm limiting trips out now to necessary such as prescriptions etc. Two son in laws have kidney problem and only 1 lung respectively so they are being self isolated by the daughters. Only got the lad now at home he's just been laid off for 12 weeks but looks like he'll get the 80% pay announced yesterday.

Helping brother in law get his father into a Respite Home at the moment as he's on his last legs. Told by NHS Social Workers yesterday looks like anyone who can free up a bed is likely to be moved out into social care starting from Monday. Unfortunately that just moves the problems out into the Care Industry who are already creaking.

My only concern at the moment is my Dad and fellow Blade in a Care Home. I can't visit him and although they've set up phone calls he's partially blind and deaf it doesn't replace the physical contact. Just concerned the man who made me a Blade and who I'm very proud of will have deteriorated these next 12 weeks such that he won't recognise me when I get back to see him.

Football takes second place to all this but this forum and others provides a release from some of the stresses and strains. Keep safe fellow Blades.

The Mrs and me are fine. We’re both over 70 now and I’ve got an underlying illnesses and so we both decided to socially distance ourselves a week ago. Frustrating really because we both look as fit as butcher’s dogs. There’s no point in just one of us keeping their heads down though because if one of us catches it we both will. Something I had difficulty in getting through to her as she thought that she could carry on as normal doing the shopping whilst I sat in the car.

I managed to book an online shop before it got too bad but only half of the stuff turned up, probably the least important so I’m not sure that’s a viable option even if I could book another slot (which I can’t...none available ). The kids have offered to come over and do a shop for us and leave it on the front path 😂 so we’re lucky to have them, but I don’t want to start that until a time come that we may really need to. My immediate problem is getting my meds. The chemist can’t deliver and I don’t see the point in keeping clear of people all month but then me or the Mrs standing in a queue inside chemist. I’m going to see if they’ll bring them to the chemist door for me while I wait outside but it’s hard going as their phone is engaged most of the time which is to be expected.

To be honest as I mentioned in another thread, my biggest worry right now is friends and family. I can control what I do here and how I handle things but we’ve got several sick or very elderly people in our lives and I also worry how the kids are going to get through this financially. I guess I’m not the only one on here though who wakes up normally then gets that sick to the pit feeling when reality kicks in but we are fighting back...

We’re limiting our intake of news to an hour a day. We’d got to the stage that Sky or BBC was on in the background nearly all the time and when it wasn't my phone was sending me notifications of doom. Enough is enough, it was like a depressing hammer beating us down, so right now I’ve got Premier League Review playing back to back from day one of the season in the background and it almost seems like a normal Saturday Billy has just scored his last minute goal against Bournemouth. Even the Mrs is loving it. 😄

Stay safe guys and gals and up the Blades ⚔️

I feel for ya pal but as long as your Grandkid arrives safe and sound is the most important thing.I've not been too well but thankfully nowt to do wi the coronavirus.Mi family's had a awful last few weeks we lost mi aunty early march then her husband(mi uncle)died a few days after.They were a magnificent couple who'll be missed by many,mi younger sister's mum in law died a few weeks previous to that also.Touchwood our Gertie,mi boys and mi glorious 8 month old Grandaughter are all well.Be safe folks and allus remember WE'RE ALL BLADES AINT WI. Happy 60th Raysa,:cheers::party: but dint you start countin your age until you were 20 yrs old?:giggle: UTMPB
Wish I could go back to being 20 mate
Not that I would change much, not had a bad life up to press
Bloody virus kicking us all in the soft bits, for all sorts of reasons, and just as we were getting ready for the mighty Blades to get in Europe!!

The Mrs and me are fine. We’re both over 70 now and I’ve got an underlying illnesses and so we both decided to socially distance ourselves a week ago. Frustrating really because we both look as fit as butcher’s dogs. There’s no point in just one of us keeping their heads down though because if one of us catches it we both will. Something I had difficulty in getting through to her as she thought that she could carry on as normal doing the shopping whilst I sat in the car.

I managed to book an online shop before it got too bad but only half of the stuff turned up, probably the least important so I’m not sure that’s a viable option even if I could book another slot (which I can’t...none available ). The kids have offered to come over and do a shop for us and leave it on the front path 😂 so we’re lucky to have them, but I don’t want to start that until a time come that we may really need to. My immediate problem is getting my meds. The chemist can’t deliver and I don’t see the point in keeping clear of people all month but then me or the Mrs standing in a queue inside chemist. I’m going to see if they’ll bring them to the chemist door for me while I wait outside but it’s hard going as their phone is engaged most of the time which is to be expected.

To be honest as I mentioned in another thread, my biggest worry right now is friends and family. I can control what I do here and how I handle things but we’ve got several sick or very elderly people in our lives and I also worry how the kids are going to get through this financially. I guess I’m not the only one on here though who wakes up normally then gets that sick to the pit feeling when reality kicks in but we are fighting back...

We’re limiting our intake of news to an hour a day. We’d got to the stage that Sky or BBC was on in the background nearly all the time and when it wasn't my phone was sending me notifications of doom. Enough is enough, it was like a depressing hammer beating us down, so right now I’ve got Premier League Review playing back to back from day one of the season in the background and it almost seems like a normal Saturday Billy has just scored his last minute goal against Bournemouth. Even the Mrs is loving it. 😄

Stay safe guys and gals and up the Blades ⚔️

(y)

Did you see that comedy tweet on S2 about online shopping,a woman ordered Tampax and in the order it asks you to tick a box that means they will replace with the nearest comparable item they have in stock,she got a 24 pack of mini sausage rolls :rofl: