The crucial nature of this weekend's games | Vital Football

The crucial nature of this weekend's games

Platinii

Vital Champions League
Looking at the fixtures on the final day, ourselves, the Mackems and Norwich all have very tricky matches. I can't see any of those teams getting a point.

Man City v Norwich
Newcastle v Arsenal
Spurs v Great unwashed

The other four teams play each other;

Wigan v Villa
Southampton v Stoke

It makes this weekend's matches almost the end of season decider's, as they are all very winnable...

Norwich v West Brom
QPR v Alan Pardew's black and white army
Great unwashed v Southampton

I have no idea how to call this, other than I really fear for our chances, especially if Wigan win tonight.

I have a horrible feeling this will come down to goal difference between more than two teams, which, unless we put 3 or 4 past QPR means it could be us.

4-5-1 with 2 holding midfielders, wait until the 70th minute then attack.

Genius

I feel dirty enough having to watch the mackems twice in a week, when I usually only watch them twice a year when they play us by, as a rule.
Now I've got to sit through a Wigan game. This fucking Relegation shit is robbing me of my life

Agree with UK rocks, it's pointless looking at the permutations of the last two games until after wigan's game tonight. After that the picture will be a lot clearer. Wigan's game in hand has been the wild card for the past few weeks. The result tonight will decide the dynamic going into the weekend. A win for wigan and the heat is on, for us the filth and norwich in particular. A draw puts a bit more pressure on us, a defeat for wigan tonight would relieve some of the pressure on everyone just above them.

I have Norwich still in the sights, irrespective of tonight's game. We know there will be twists and turns right at the end of it all, irrespective of tonight or next weekend. But it is fun working through it all. We could effectively be relegated by next Tuesday if the worst happens next weekend and next Tuesday night - if that does not concentrate the mind for the QPR game, I don't know what will.

I can see it now...we take a 1-0 lead over QPR after a half in which we play well. They go in for half-time, Pardew does one of his infamous half-time talks, we come out and play all-out-defence with the worst defence in the league and resort to hoofing it to Shola throughout the second half. We go on to lose the game 3-1 and Pardew blames everything but his own shit long-ball tactics and places the blame on the trip to Benfica 4 weeks ago....still jet-lagged.

RZA for gods sake man loose lips sink ships don't give away our plan A B C else we will be right in the shit

We need to better norwich's result this weekend. I can't see either team getting anything on the final day.

If Norwich fail to get a result against West Brom that'll be curtains for them. They'll get hammered off Man City, and although I can't see us getting anything in our next two games. I think we'll keep the score line to a minimum with both fixtures. Survival by damage limitation

st-pedros-basin - 7/5/2013 12:45

If Norwich fail to get a result against West Brom that'll be curtains for them. They'll get hammered off Man City, and although I can't see us getting anything in our next two games. I think we'll keep the score line to a minimum with both fixtures. Survival by damage limitation

I could see it going down to which team least fucks up on the final day. The worrying thing is Norwich don't really get battered by teams scoreline wise, but we seem to have turned it into an art form this season.

Pardew will take us down without a fight like the coward he is.

I couldn't give a fuck about it either. The lower we sink then the faster the penny drops for everyone.

Doesn't matter what happens though, you'll still see people wearing Wonga shirts next season.

We deserve to go down just for having that on the shirt.

Hull have the 'loan shark' advertising on their shirts now in the form of 'Cash converters'. Strange how sport can make people oblivious to the damage these companies are doing to the more vulnerable in society

Clubs owners and chairmen aren't concerned with morals mcnamee, they care about the bottom line and to varying degrees success on the pitch. I'm still waiting to see what this massive sponsorship deal llambias has alluded to is. I'm guessing we aren't gonna like it as it hasn't been unveiled yet, and they like to deliver bad news when things are going well to minimise any potential backlash.

These companies are just legalised loan sharks, although i doubt the 'tick man' would have charged the interest rates that these companies do.

Our record away against the bottom teams isn't very good. Defeats at Stoke, Fulham, Southampton and Wigan and draws at Reading, Sunderland and Norwich and our sole away win at Villa.

vin1892 - 7/5/2013 15:53

Our record away against the bottom teams isn't very good. Defeats at Stoke, Fulham, Southampton and Wigan and draws at Reading, Sunderland and Norwich and our sole away win at Villa.
It's a better away record than against the top teams as I am sure Pards would point out.