The Cricket Season 2016 Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Cricket Season 2016 Thread

astonion - 19/4/2016 23:50

Well the Bears take a first innings lead, thanks to Trotts unbeaten 219. Well played that man.

And ably supported by 81 from Mr Barker and a decent support from the rest of the tail.

Seems like it will peter out to a draw though as we go into the final day.

:14:

Given Middlesex's first innings score and the fact the Bears were 31-2, I think they can be very happy with a draw.

maundy - 20/4/2016 20:15

Given Middlesex's first innings score and the fact the Bears were 31-2, I think they can be very happy with a draw.

Agreed maundy. Seems it was a batters wicket. The Bears won the toss and put Middlesex in though..... strange.

Next up is another Championship match starting Sunday 24th April, this time v Yorkshire.

More importantly this time of the year is...... what will the weather be like? Snow?...Lol

Yorkshire crawled along to 177-4 on the first day against The Bears. Rain interruptions made for a stuttering day.

Let's hope for more action today otherwise this could peter out to another draw.

kefkat - 25/4/2016 10:22

Never been able to get into cricket, though after this season at VP............

The T20 is a good way of getting into cricket without getting bogged down in 4 or 5 day matches.

I'm a bit old school, and poo-pooed the T20 format for years, but over the past couple of seasons, I've come to love it. It's great for the kids as well, and the T20 blast has helped my boys engage.

Another rain effected day at Edgbaston saw the visits build their 1st innings up to 368-9 at the end of day two.

So it's looking even more a draw, unless The Bears do one of their impromtu batting collapses, not once, but twice........

Nailed on draw at Edgbaston with just today to play. A decent century by Varun Chopra saw The Bears to 205-2 in reply to Yorkshires 379 all out.

Rain again disrupting play for the third day on the trot.

Oh well, another match another draw - damn weather!

The Bears drew after scoring 443-9 dec and Yorkshire on 73-2 dec in their second innings.

Meanwhile, (just to keep Glensider happy...Lol) The Pears also drew against Gloucestershire in their division two match.

Pears 411 & 210-4, Glous. 382 & 380-7 dec.

Not sure who or in what competition The Bears play next, but The Pears next play a Div.2 match v Essex commencing Sunday 1st May at New Road.

So, after a bit of a break The Bears are in action again. Playing Somerset, the first day ended with Somerset making 295. In reply, The Bears have made 27-2, one of the wickets being the 'nightwatchman'.

In Division Two The Pears are in a strong position against Glamorgan at the end of day one being 343-2 overnight.

:1: :1: :1: Well played Brett D'Oliveira, a splendid 202 not out for the Pears at Cardiff against Glamorgan.

Young Joe Clarke weighed in with another ton, 133, as the Pears posted 456-6 declared on a rain hit day.

Glamorgan were 42-4 at the close :7:

Brett D'Oliveira....the latest 'cab off the rank' from the famous dynasty.

Credit to the boy, a possible England player in the making?

In other news, received today my tickets for the Sri Lanka ODI in late June and the Test v Pakistan in August (at Edgbaston) earlier - very excited!!

Let us hope so JuanPabloAngel. He's certainly started this season in good nick. I believe that is his third first class century this season to date.

The one to really keep an eye on though is Joe Clarke. He looks quite a talent.

Well, it's not looking good for The Bears.

Plenty of wickets fell yesterday, which sounds to me that the pitch will be awful for the fourth innings of the match.

Scores; Somerset 295 & 178, The Bears 152 & 4-0, meaning The Bears need another 318 to win....... chances being between slim and non existent.

Ha . The rain may save us .I don't think there will be much play today so hopefully just tomorrow to bat out the day.

No play on the third day at Cardiff, Glamorgan vs The Pears.

Shame we were in a great position to win that one. We'll now have to settle for the draw.