The Craig Shakespeare Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Craig Shakespeare Thread

Mat Kendrick was advocating this a couple of weeks ago. Maybe he knew something.

Whatever, it seems a good appointment. Somebody who has actually coached at a reasonably high level in the PL. We need to improve our play in the final third. A lot. And this might help.

Wonder how many cooks it'll take before the broth is spoilt though. Also wonder how well he and DS will get on. Can see differences in how they might approach a game.

It's not generally known that William Shakespeare is a direct ancestor of our new assistant head coach. Further, the Bard himself was a Villa supporter back in the day, coming in on Ye Olde Midland Express from Stratford for all home games.
At one game, against Small Heath (as they were known then) he had supped mightily on several stoups of good English ale before the game, and was heard to say when the match was finely balanced at 1-1 (as was his bladder) with five minutes to go, "to pee or not to pee, that is the question". He decided to hold on and was rewarded when Sir Tony of Hateley buried a header deep into injury time at which point he turned to the guy next to him and proclaimed, "now we've the winner, Blues are discontent".

It's not generally known that William Shakespeare is a direct ancestor of our new assistant head coach. Further, the Bard himself was a Villa supporter back in the day, coming in on Ye Olde Midland Express from Stratford for all home games.
At one game, against Small Heath (as they were known then) he had supped mightily on several stoups of good English ale before the game, and was heard to say when the match was finely balanced at 1-1 (as was his bladder) with five minutes to go, "to pee or not to pee, that is the question". He decided to hold on and was rewarded when Sir Tony of Hateley buried a header deep into injury time at which point he turned to the guy next to him and proclaimed, "now we've the winner, Blues are discontent".

I think you've had some of that, that the bard had. Just sit in the chair before you fall down. (Mid summer nights dream)

Reactions: BBJ
Mat Kendrick was advocating this a couple of weeks ago. Maybe he knew something.

Whatever, it seems a good appointment. Somebody who has actually coached at a reasonably high level in the PL. We need to improve our play in the final third. A lot. And this might help.

Wonder how many cooks it'll take before the broth is spoilt though. Also wonder how well he and DS will get on. Can see differences in how they might approach a game.

They have known each other for years . They played together at Walsall I think.

Took a while to get there but worth the wait mate.

I think we were linked with Shakespeare when he was playing for Sheffield Wednesday (?) if memory serves. I remember him as quite a tidy midfielder....

BBJ only partakes in Vimto
It's increasingly difficult to get in Dublin, Trekker, and I can't easily get to Northern Ireland nowadays to stock up. I'm making do with Tesco's own label lime juice.
Very refreshing.