The County 0 Torquay United 4 Thread | Vital Football

The County 0 Torquay United 4 Thread

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Videos to appear when they are available.

Much angst, woe and gnashing of teeth once Cropped's head has cleared.

:cry:

Last edited:
^^^

"It's about me being ruthless"

Names are named.

"If a new manager comes in, it's those players that would be moved on"

The problem I see now is some of these players may now go against the gaffer (some will take it as a kick up the backside) but some will really have to go. Pronto.

Sad but this step up from Conference North has been massive. There were always going to be those that could not make that step up.

My perceptive wife in answer to my fears that the Board would sack JG asked whether or not, if there were behind the scene shenanigans, it was more likely that JG would “walk”.

JG - "the fans need to look at me as say... did I give the Franks, the Nyals, the Connors to much confidence"

"Are they going to be players who will grow into Conference standard players"

The budget is there, and I'll be spending it as quickly as I can"

The budget is there (apparently). Looks like we are going to see things change quickly.

Very candid from Jim... some self-criticism along the lines of him perhaps giving certain players too much credence and belief when in reality they have not stepped up and have not 'grown'.

My strong opinion is as long as we have Jim and he is backed (even to a lesser extent) we will survive and begin the rebuild towards a team that can get back into the Football League.

Hairy times though!

Agree with all of the above but it could be worse. Just think if we were the P.M. - time for self immolation!
I was encouraged to see that we still managed a good gate.

Gate was brill - the weather was not particularly inspiring. I have faith Jim Gannon can turn this around before too long.

As for Boris.... nah... best left unsaid!

Latest County News