The countdown begins | Page 2 | Vital Football

The countdown begins

• Thread starter Deleted member 11413
  • Start date
seen a few vids of the team night out doing the rounds, might have to make do with promotion after that hangover
And should Blackburn secure their own promotion on Tuesday, they'll be totally unaffected and romp home!

not really botherd about the team that lives in the shadows of burnley win 2 out of three titles ours
would rather have seen a decent club like shrews promoted than a mickey mouse club like blackburn

seen a few vids of the team night out doing the rounds, might have to make do with promotion after that hangover

I'm glad they were out celebrating in the town with the fans, shows a connection. They deserve to celebrate and if it affects us on Tuesday then so be it, I honesty don't care.

I'm glad they were out celebrating in the town with the fans, shows a connection. They deserve to celebrate and if it affects us on Tuesday then so be it, I honesty don't care.

Promotion came a lot earlier than what I thought so i dont blame them for celebrating and as you say it shows a connection.

I care about the performance on Tuesday. I'm all for the players celebrating but not at the expense of a game.
I as well as 4/500 others have spent money and taken time off work to travel to Bristol and i expect the players to give 100% not a half arsed performance because they're hungover.
Didn't you say that you were going to Bristol? I'm sure that you wouldn't really be impressed with a sub standard performance and a drubbing.
I don't want us blowing the chance of going up as Champions because of over indulgence.

Yeah I'm going to Bristol. I feel it's absolutely right the players celebrated our success last night, they deserved it. If that means a below par performance on Tuesday then so be it, it's just the price of success. Throw in the fatigue and the mental side of getting the job done I doubt they'll be on their game anyway, regardless of any hangover. Besides they're young professional athletes I doubt they're still hungover, unlike myself who still feels as rough as bears arse at this time of night.

But a below par performance shouldn't be the price of success. I expect fatigue and mental tiredness at this stage of the season but there's still work to be done and a title to be won. Let's hope your right and the players aren't hungover.

Yon Mon, if they're hung over, they want bloody shooting. That said, if they're still hung over on tuesday, from a night out on the pop on saturday, they want bloody shooting twice !

Cookie intimated on his interview that he wants that title. They'll be reet.

At most we need two wins from three for the title. For numerous reasons I expect Bristol will be our most difficult fixture and I'm not expecting a great deal from it. In a way it's a free hit. Likewise when Blackburn win promotion on Tuesday I don't expect they'll be overly focused at Charlton on Saturday either, a game the home side have to win. One more win, or at most four points in all probability will see us as champions.

So we still need 6 as 5 from 2 won't go lol
Will Blackburn win both games though? I don't think so.

So we need just a point from the final game.
We'd have settled for that at the start of the season I'm sure. Well most would have lol

So there you have it.
Now whilst I predicted us winning this rubbish league before a ball was kicked, based on the squad and obvious intentions of the club, this thread was not to gloat. It was to try and calm things down by pointing out how relatively attainable the title was.
After all, it wasn't rocket science that we'd win this thing, was it? (OK, that bit is probably gloating lol)
I don't think there was as much doom and gloom and hystreonics displayed when we did drop points as in the past. So I hope my thread helped calm the nerves. If it didn't and everyone was pretty calm without it, then well done everyone. That calm confidence will have helped the club.