The Conor Hourihane Thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

The Conor Hourihane Thread

Forgot he hadn’t already gone tbh!.

Really came on under Smith I thought . Remember being really frustrated with him under Bruce where he was easy passing looking like a left footed Westwood but with the added bonus of being able to score occasionally, which was normally when he was looking like losing his place.

But then became a key part of the TEAM that did so well getting us back up. Scored some absolute corkers and everytime i see that play off semi final goal it becomes closer to my favourite ever Villa goal. And seeing that montage he sure did score some goals in key wins in the first season back . A valuable and valued part of this recent phase of the clubs playing fortunes.

Good luck and assured a warm welcome whenever he comes back.

Last edited:
agree that team that got us back up will live on fondly in the memories, Conor, SJM, Jedi, Tammy, Jed, AEG, Elmo, Joe, Tayls, Chessie

Just a bunch of solid dependable players. You knew what you were getting and you knew their limitations. I never respected Whelan but Smith actually turned him into something for a few months. He made a mistake in that West Brom game but he didn’t go hiding.

Anwar was the only one who you didn’t always know what you were getting but he showed up for important games.

Just a bunch of solid dependable players. You knew what you were getting and you knew their limitations. I never respected Whelan but Smith actually turned him into something for a few months. He made a mistake in that West Brom game but he didn’t go hiding.

Anwar was the only one who you didn’t always know what you were getting but he showed up for important games.
ceratinly did when it mattered , goal and an assist on that day. even in recent seasons whilst he's limited and very frustrating at times, the way he stepped up and despatched those pens especially that late one at wolves shows he has some good mental attributes