The Conor Hourihane Thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

The Conor Hourihane Thread

Maybe its to make way for someone else? I have a great deal of time for Connor. However the PL is far to fast for him athletically sadly. He cannot keep up with the play anymore. Good luck Connor a top notch pro.

Its a tragedy, the lad has a fucking wand and an instinct to get in the box but just can't get around the pitch nor the strength to keep the ball under pressure. He's a player that come through at the wrong time. He's 15-20 years too late much like Pep was 15-20 years too early.

In the 90s or early 00s he'd have been a magician.

To compare Conor with Lansbury is ridiculously disrespectful and totally misplaced . Utter nonsense . For some reason Smith wants him out , i could understand that if there was better squad depth and quality about but in reality there isn't . Much maligned player and scapegoat on here.

What specifically has he been made a scapegoat for ?

I‘m just reading from the vast majority that he has a certain level and is moving on having done his job with our thanks and best wishes.

Now that is how you say goodbye.

Yesterday, Aston Villa and Republic of Ireland midfielder Conor Hourihane was loaned to Sheffield United and he's just posted a classy Instagram message to the Villa fans.

He writes: "My time as an @avfcofficial player has come to an end. An incredible four and a half years at the club.

"Arriving mid table in the championship and now the club going from strength to strength in the Premier League is something I’m proud to have been apart of. I gave everything for the club while I was there.

"From our play-off final defeat to our play-off final win. Our Carabao Cup loss to our final day great escape. It’s been an amazing journey. Special times and special memories that will stay with me forever.

"I wish the club nothing but the best moving forward and I'll be watching on now as a fan!"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/fo...2df76d8a9b6e52604ca79b&pinned_post_type=share

Last edited:
All the best Conor. He played a key role in getting promotion and also fought his way back into the team to help us get the points we needed for survival the following year. Not good enough to take us where we want to go, but he did far more for this club than some of the other tossers we've signed over the last 10 years

Now that is how you say goodbye.

Yesterday, Aston Villa and Republic of Ireland midfielder Conor Hourihane was loaned to Sheffield United and he's just posted a classy Instagram message to the Villa fans.

He writes: "My time as an @avfcofficial player has come to an end. An incredible four and a half years at the club.

"Arriving mid table in the championship and now the club going from strength to strength in the Premier League is something I’m proud to have been apart of. I gave everything for the club while I was there.

"From our play-off final defeat to our play-off final win. Our Carabao Cup loss to our final day great escape. It’s been an amazing journey. Special times and special memories that will stay with me forever.

"I wish the club nothing but the best moving forward and I'll be watching on now as a fan!"

Don't forget to put the link on as well.

:thumbup:

Best of luck Conor.

One of my favourite players of the past 5 years. Goals, assists, direct contributions to moments of sheer jubilation. Big part of getting us back into the Premier League.

Amazed he couldn't find another club at this level. He's better than Westwood!

He'll do well at Sheff U.

What specifically has he been made a scapegoat for ?

I‘m just reading from the vast majority that he has a certain level and is moving on having done his job with our thanks and best wishes.
The average football fan doesn't really take the time to learn the definition of 'scapegoat' I'm afraid. Saying he's not good enough for us is not scapegoating a player.

Ultimately he played a very key role in our promotion, he played a decent role in our survival season but clearly isn't a player for where we want to be and I'd argue, not a player for this level. His physical limitations are there for all to see, good left foot, but not dynamic and quick enough physically.

For all those saying he could do a job at this level, well, no team in this league is interested, so the market has spoken. He is dropping down to his level as far as I'm concerned. Incidentally that is no disgrace, it's still in the grand scheme of things a very good level to play at and he will continue to represent his country no doubt.

As expected Conor is officially an ex Villa player but he'll always be a Villa man as far as I'm concerned.

Incredibly important player for us in the championship and we would not have been promoted without some vital contributions from him.

Good luck to him in the future. I wouldn't be shocked to see him rock up at Norwich and win the championship next season.