The Conor Hourihane Thread | Page 25 | Vital Football

The Conor Hourihane Thread

I'd imagine across his two loan spells now it's the equivalent of at least breaking even even if there's no 'sale' price.

Sometimes too you just have to say it's not about the money. We got him for peanuts and he scored some incredibly crucial goals. As much as I've said he is dispensible and no use to us now. We wouldn't be in the EPL without him. He saved our bacon vs. WBA, it was pure magic.

Its not like he was a waste of money or cost the club in much either. When all is said and done it was a smart transfer, he was a great servant and we have little to no need to make any money on him now.

He signed a new contract when we got promoted so I’ve no doubt we are paying a % of his wages which is why he’s a loan rather than permanent for a championship club.

Just look at the money we wasted on Players like McCormack, Richards, Lescott and many many more. At least Conor contributed something. I wish him well and good luck wherever he goes.

One of the lads who got us back where we are now he just isn't good enough to take us to the next level. I'm surprised a Burnley or a Norwich didn't come in for him to be honest he could still do a job for a bottom end team.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of Villa fans bemoaning his departure and even claiming he should be starting. Can any of those people explain why he's ended up at a team that's in the relegation zone of the championship and not at the very least a bottom half of the Premier league side?

I'm sure there'll be plenty of Villa fans bemoaning his departure and even claiming he should be starting. Can any of those people explain why he's ended up at a team that's in the relegation zone of the championship and not at the very least a bottom half of the Premier league side?

I heard fans shouting for us to play Lansbury, so I’ve come to the conclusion the vast majority of fans haven’t really got much of a clue and it’s based on sentiment or some players just have a small cult following for some strange reason.

Reality is as Pangloss says, he’s a mid championship player at best. The game just passes him by in the top division and even in competitive championship matches.

Good luck to him though, he is very likeable and the fact he wants to just play is something that I can’t begrudge him the opportunity. He could sulk it out as some have done in the past.

To compare Conor with Lansbury is ridiculously disrespectful and totally misplaced . Utter nonsense . For some reason Smith wants him out , i could understand that if there was better squad depth and quality about but in reality there isn't . Much maligned player and scapegoat on here.

To compare Conor with Lansbury is ridiculously disrespectful and totally misplaced . Utter nonsense . For some reason Smith wants him out , i could understand that if there was better squad depth and quality about but in reality there isn't . Much maligned player and scapegoat on here.

I didn’t compare Lansbury to Hourihane. Hourihane is undoubtedly a better player despite both ending up in the same league probably in similar league positions. I thought Lansbury was fucking crap, and an overhyped player purely because he had a poncey haircut and played for Arsenal a decade ago.

The point I was making was that there will always be a segment of fans who like certain players - that is the similarity. We have to trust the managers judgment of him (Conor), and in the majority of cases it’ll be the right decision given they watch them train 5 days a week.

Maybe its to make way for someone else? I have a great deal of time for Connor. However the PL is far to fast for him athletically sadly. He cannot keep up with the play anymore. Good luck Connor a top notch pro.