The Conor Hourihane Thread | Page 24 | Vital Football

The Conor Hourihane Thread

I find it quite sad that Conor isn't shown more respect to be honest. He's been a good player for us and a good pro. I find the hate shown towards him quite bizarre and weird.
:stupid: And I refer you back to his goal against West Brom, without which........

Admittedly, there were many similar moments, but that one stands out. I wish him nothing but success wherever he ends up.

I find it quite sad that Conor isn't shown more respect to be honest. He's been a good player for us and a good pro. I find the hate shown towards him quite bizarre and weird.

Brilliant player for us over the years. Top pro, won us tight games single handidly at times with his fantastic finishing. Always rated him.

However always said we'd eventually need to upgrade to move us forward.... we tried with Barkley, we failed. Hourihane is better than Barkley.

Looks like we're looking to massively improve in the midfield this summer though so his time looks up. I wish him all the best and thank him for the memories.

I don't think we should overlook his contribution. I presume Sanson will be his replacement for next season. No excuses from him with a full pre season.

I always find it bizzare when fans slate players like Conor and Gabby.

For me as a fan, especially a fan of a mifd tier club who doesn't win anything supporting Villa is all about the moments of joy. Why put yourself through it all if you don't get those moments of absolute ecstasy?

The last minute winners, the derby day wins, the screamers, the unexpected wins against the top teams.

Looking back a decade or so I'd say Gabby, Conor and Jack have contributed more to those type of moments than any other players I can think of.

Good luck to him. Massive reason why we aren't a mid table championship side anymore. The last of that made 2017 January window to depart and the only one ever really worth a damn. Is El Ghazi our longest serving first team player now?