The Conor Hourihane Thread | Page 22 | Vital Football

The Conor Hourihane Thread

£2.5/3.5 from Baaaaarnsley - his goals and assists have paid that back with profit given where we now are. Given where we were we were never signing a Jack or a David Silva, we got a bloody good return from the player he was (which is neither of them).

But it's right for both that we move on, and what did Connor do - ask for game time and saved us money in the process.

Lansbury on the other hand deserves the pelters and he was naturally a better player, but like so many before him, sat on his hefty contract and ass.

I don't hate him I just don't get the hype. I agree with all those Swansea fans the man is a con artist, a coward, a bottler. Shit scared of having the ball unless it's dead. He's scored a few valuable goals for us but there are no stats for how many goals his bottling has cost us.
No doubt Jack has made a name for him by winning so many set pieces.
Wow ! That is a ridiculously OTT remark in my humble. I wouldn't say he's a bottler at all.
Exhibit A - the melee at Leeds when they cheated that goal , Connor is one of the first into the blender , fair play son !
Exhibit B - that Neanderthal inbred fat **** runs on the pitch to throw a pathetic attempt of a punch into Jack from behind (cowardly act), Connor is one of the first to dive in.

He is 100% not a bottler or a coward

Wow ! That is a ridiculously OTT remark in my humble. I wouldn't say he's a bottler at all.
Exhibit A - the melee at Leeds when they cheated that goal , Connor is one of the first into the blender , fair play son !
Exhibit B - that Neanderthal inbred fat **** runs on the pitch to throw a pathetic attempt of a punch into Jack from behind (cowardly act), Connor is one of the first to dive in.

It was Hourihane who threw the gut jab from memory, but he was soft in the tackle - but that wasn't his game.

Favourite no, but I appreciate the part he played as simple fact is without him we wouldn't have gone up and that goes for for Mings, Jack and so on as well.

I get exactly where 57 is coming from, but, we weren't in a position for better in my humble and we've had far worse since Hourihane arrived at the club.

He's one of a few to say - thanks, goodbye, good luck to.

Sorry mate but I can't unsee his pathetic pull back on that Brighton player and the fear of having the ball. I get that occasionally he has a decent free-kick.

Bottler is nothing to do with his attempts at a punch up he bottles the ball, he hides from it. He's shit scared of it.

Sorry mate but I can't unsee his pathetic pull back on that Brighton player and the fear of having the ball. I get that occasionally he has a decent free-kick.

Bottler is nothing to do with his attempts at a punch up he bottles the ball, he hides from it. He's shit scared of it.
He's contributed quite a bit to the club, as posted earlier I would channel the anger more at piss takers like Lansbury or McCormack who took the big wages but delivered the square root of fuck all,

He's contributed quite a bit to the club, as posted earlier I would channel the anger more at piss takers like Lansbury or McCormack who took the big wages but delivered the square root of fuck all,
So has Elmo, Neil Taylor but they aren't good enough now, but they did their bit doesn't make them good players or players we should be keeping

But nobody is saying we should be keeping them mate - they are off, it's just acknowledging what they did and how they helped get us here without kicking up a fuss and taking the piss.

In return, remember the contribution and not laying into them for not being world beaters when the entire club was in the shit and they were the best we could get.

But nobody is saying we should be keeping them mate - they are off, it's just acknowledging what they did and how they helped get us here without kicking up a fuss and taking the piss.

In return, remember the contribution and not laying into them for not being world beaters when the entire club was in the shit and they were the best we could get.
I like Elmo decent player, Taylor and Hourihane both shit scared of the football. terrified of it, can't get rid of it fast enough. As they say, "if you know you know" If you don't I'm wasting my time

It's why I have no negativity towards Steve Bruce. He came in here when we were at our lowest ebb and somehow managed to restore some order and pride and push us back into the right direction. I have a lot of respect for him.

I don't understand why you hate Luiz and Ramsey but each to his own both are better players than Hourihane ever was.
I don't "hate" either of them. Luiz I think is overrated and needs to up his game. Ramsey is just breaking through, he has time on his side to improve and I hope he does

I like Elmo decent player, Taylor and Hourihane both shit scared of the football. terrified of it, can't get rid of it fast enough. As they say, "if you know you know" If you don't I'm wasting my time

The irony being Hourihane probably physically contributed more. Taylor was ruined by the international tackle.

Again, if this was the Lansbury thread I'd be liking your posts and chipping in, but these lads played their part whatever we think of them. We'd not be where we are without them, so they have my thanks but we've moved on.

What's going on. A couple of weeks ago I agreed with Mike far too often. Now I'm agreeing with Silhill. I need a lie down.

Perhaps 57 is right?

100.gif

This is what no football does to us mate lol

We love each other really, but we need to waste time somehow!

Just show the goal he scored against West Brom - to me that defined his career with us - and he was screaming for the ball to be played to him.

He went missing for large parts of many games, he wasn’t quick enough, he wasn’t a tackler, but he did score some cracking goals.
One of my favourite villa goals ever. Absolute peach in front of the Holte