The Conor Hourihane Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

The Conor Hourihane Thread

The squad is definitely weaker without him. Strange strange move. Regardless of him wanting to play football, at this stage he's under contract and needed by us, hardly as if we have a bulging squad full of depth.

Love Conor. Always have, always will.

His goal involvement stats are truely outstanding and he was a fundemental part in getting us back into the Premier League.

I'm a little surprised he feels he needs to drop down a level to get 1st team football actually. He's definitely proved himself as a top flight player for me. When I see the likes of Ashley Westwood making a living in the Premier League then Conor certainly deserves a place. Having said that it looks like Swansea could well come straight back up so he won't be out for long.

Good luck Conor.

He won us £95 a few seasons ago as well!

The reality is that he's just too slow for this level. He's currently got Jack, Barkley, Mcginn and seemingly Ramsey in front of him for the more advanced midfield places and we're looking like we're about to sign another player who would likely be ahead of him in Sanson. He's also not going to get that defensive midfield slot ahead of Luiz or Nakamba as they're both more natural defensively. He's never been happy just sitting on the bench and I'm not surprised he's angled for a move.

However Deano seemingly wants him back next season so I doubt we've seen the last of him. Obviously we'll need a big squad to cope with being in Europe next season right?

That goal against Blues, and that goal against Baggies, not to mention the rest.

123 appearances and 23 goals (so far), he's been more than a decent servant to Villa.

I'll be keeping a close eye on him at Swansea, and it has to be said, what a great signing that is for them.

Love Conor. Always have, always will.

His goal involvement stats are truely outstanding and he was a fundemental part in getting us back into the Premier League.

I'm a little surprised he feels he needs to drop down a level to get 1st team football actually. He's definitely proved himself as a top flight player for me. When I see the likes of Ashley Westwood making a living in the Premier League then Conor certainly deserves a place. Having said that it looks like Swansea could well come straight back up so he won't be out for long.

Good luck Conor.
It might be more to do with us refusing to loan him to another Premier League club in fairness.

That goal against Blues, and that goal against Baggies, not to mention the rest.

123 appearances and 23 goals (so far), he's been more than a decent servant to Villa.

I'll be keeping a close eye on him at Swansea, and it has to be said, what a great signing that is for them.

The baggies one is iconic quite frankly. One of the best moments in the last decade.

The baggies one is iconic quite frankly. One of the best moments in the last decade.

Definitely, my highlight of the last 10 years if not my entire time as a supporter. I don't think any goal has meant more or was more deserved than that goal.

It felt like the footballing equivalent of Matt Dawson passing the ball to Jonny Wilko down under to win the World Cup in the Aussie back yard. Just this was far, far more important.

I'm actually having a large bottle of Hoegaarden, fair play to the bloke he just wants to play and it's obvious he's not going to do that at Villa.
He was never a PL player but his attitude can't be faulted unlike Lansbiury and Taylor etc

Indeed, and to think he worked his way up from league 1 or 2, where a fan sent him a message saying he’ll never play top flight - and he did - just shows his attitude towards pushing himself beyond his athletic limit.

Good luck to him, hope he gets a move to a lower PL club in the summer.

Indeed, and to think he worked his way up from league 1 or 2, where a fan sent him a message saying he’ll never play top flight - and he did - just shows his attitude towards pushing himself beyond his athletic limit.

Good luck to him, hope he gets a move to a lower PL club in the summer.
Like who? Swansea

Apparently, it's a loan but he has no future at Villa and he sure isn't going to get a gig in the PL far too slow and immobile

Westwood managed it... unbelievably.

I’m not much more of a fan of him than you are to be fair, it’s more for him I hope he can forge a career in the top league than it is he necessarily warrants one.