The Conor Hourihane Thread | Page 29 | Vital Football

The Conor Hourihane Thread

Loved Conor. Good to see him back at the club. He was a perfect fit for where we were at but he had his limitations and was never going to cut it in the Premier League. Reading the posts above, I’m not sure why anyone would want to ‘dig out’ the criticism he got but I guess it was similar to some of the ridiculous stick Douglas Luiz gets for example. He was classed as a liability and not good enough earlier in the season which was a bit embarrassing given how good he actually is. No need to dig that nonsense out either.

From @DeanoVilla's first post on this thread, think our U-16's are maybe gonna lose the table tennis table. :ROFLMAO:

Hourihane continues. “I don’t see any young lads grabbing a bag of balls and doing extra work, at all the clubs I’ve been at. They’re in this bubble training from nine to 12, having free food, nice breakfast, nice lunch, playing table tennis, playing pool. “They don’t put in the hard work and two years later they’re wondering where they go from there. That’s the sad thing to see. Lads don’t realise it. They’re working harder on the table tennis table than they do in training. “The senior lads are out there for an extra hour working on their game. Young lads should see that and take inspiration from it, but they don’t."

Bodes well for the club, good appointment and hope Conor has a long and successful management career.