The Owners & CEO Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Owners & CEO Thread

After the years of false dawns, its reasonable to be sceptical Bonker. All anyone can do is hope that in a couple of years he and the owners are looked upon favourably.

I don't know anything about him or his record but I came away from that questioning why he was doing it and the nature of his temperament - at least under the current conditions.

Let's see how things go - I'm now intrigued as to how the general tone of things may turn if DS can't deliver on the pitch to the tune of a top-half finish ...

I was impressed by him tonight, really gave it to them straight and quite aggressive when challenged to be honest. When I've seen him before with the owners he seemed a bit of an arse-licker but tonight he was good, I don't think he'll be on sky again anytime soon

Yeah that aggression was readily apparent as was the rudeness at the end.

Sometimes that works at exec level.

Sometimes it doesn't ...

All I got out of it was that he likes the word "fantastic". He's a typical "suit". Couldn't really disagree much with what he said, though.

All I got out of it was that he likes the word "fantastic". He's a typical "suit". Couldn't really disagree much with what he said, though.

My ish is less what he said than the way he said it - my eyebrows were raised throughout and my initial reply to Fear was a lot longer and more damning lol but I come at this stuff from a different perspective to most :)

Anyway, let's see how we go ...

I think I only got a snippet of the interview on the sky website by the sounds of things.

I've been reporting into Purslow types for the last 25 years or so within FTSE top 50 orgs. They are what they are , not my cup of tea per say having come off a south Birmingham council estate.
What I will say though is, this guy will make sure this club succeeds. I cán tell.

Well that told her didn't it.

Bloody women reporters.

Can someone start a women and football thread.

:throw::whist:

Would be interesting - I don't doubt that it's because I'm "of an age" but the preponderance of blonde women all over football these days is a proper turn-off for me, I find it impossible to listen to them although Gabby Logan is bearable.

That said, I caught half an hour of Goals on Sunday with the fashionably nearly-black girl who I think is an ex-player and she was more engaging than the typical Stepford blondes I've suffered everywhere else.

Vicky Gommersall... :shake:

I have absolutely no issue with female presenters/pundits/sports newsreaders, but she is very, very poor. Very poor. Poor. Not good. Really not good.

I wish I could tell you what I really think of her.

Vicky Gommersall... :shake:

I have absolutely no issue with female presenters/pundits/sports newsreaders, but she is very, very poor. Very poor. Poor. Not good. Really not good.

I wish I could tell you what I really think of her.
She is a news reader obviously not an interviewer. If anything it’s sky’s fault for putting her in that position. He certainly ruffled her feathers a bit and made her uncomfortable - Not sure it was fully necessary, bordered on aggression at times, maybe in the boardroom that’s how it works or maybe he was a bit nervous and over zealous. I guess he was just trying to defend the club and his own decision making. Sky would have been taken aback by getting a serious response rather than the typical thick footballer “yeah, absolutely” nice and easy I’ll just agree with the question type answer they usually get.

Would be interesting - I don't doubt that it's because I'm "of an age" but the preponderance of blonde women all over football these days is a proper turn-off for me, I find it impossible to listen to them although Gabby Logan is bearable.

That said, I caught half an hour of Goals on Sunday with the fashionably nearly-black girl who I think is an ex-player and she was more engaging than the typical Stepford blondes I've suffered everywhere else.

The darker the berry, the sweeter the juice, eh?

Purslow is useless because he wears a suit and got his hair cut?

He's part of a top notch team who have revolutionised our club from a bankrupt club facing a struggle to stay in the Championship to the PL's surprise package for 2020.

"The darker the berry, the sweeter the juice, eh?"

"...the fashionably nearly-black girl ..."

FFS - this is 2019 you know.
Please don't write this stuff as I would imagine that we have all types of colours and creeds on here and the above stuff is just wrong.

Cop yourselves on to what you're writing
If you're not sure, don't write it or at least gen up beforehand

Apologies for going off topic. If you want to reply, DM me

"The darker the berry, the sweeter the juice, eh?"

"...the fashionably nearly-black girl ..."

FFS - this is 2019 you know.
Please don't write this stuff as I would imagine that we have all types of colours and creeds on here and the above stuff is just wrong.

Cop yourselves on to what you're writing
If you're not sure, don't write it or at least gen up beforehand

Apologies for going off topic. If you want to reply, DM me

DM?