The Chiliean International who got away... | Vital Football

The Chiliean International who got away...

You probably did. You've said that about most of our yoofs .

:rotfl:

Not that many the last decade to be fair, BB looked great at youth level, Walker was soooo pacey before his injuries, Wozza, Cashy and BJ I think :) Still a chance with one or two of em ;) Oh, maybe Mcleary. got that wrong too

gosh I dont have time for other names lol Wonder how long ive actually been on here, 10 years or summat?

I was travelling back to like 10 games a year for the first ten years our of the uk. Flights used to be about 20 quid to East Midlands so was easy to do.

I suppose it took me ten years after that to finally accept our Championship status, started listening to the radio commentary properly and enjoying it in a different way. Going back just for couple of games a year since.

Kinda liked the vibe for a while, going down to league one, getting back up again, pushing for play offs or fighting relegation. It was rarely dull.

But last few seasons have been dull. Its used up much good sentiment. Im now proper bored, not just the football style and defensive managers we keep employing but the continued pattern of doing the opposite of what I think is the right option practiclaly every time.

Right now, the transfer policy is obviously the biggest issue. Its been the issue for years and has just got worse under EM. To repeat the same dull pattern, we would avoid paying 5m quid for a new striker from the lower leagues cos its too much money, ala Toney, bring in some past thier best players and sell Woz..

Lots of 'suggestion' that we won't make those mistakes this time around because we have finally learned. If we have, perhaps it will start to become less dull again.

Then we can talk about football in a positive way and wont get dragged into the political threads so much :)

it's a different beast, i still think he will be average championship player and never fulfil the potential that some of us thought he might have. We need better and did well to get £7m. wonder if there were ad ons .. ?

His mum is Chilean

Given the rather sad of history of chile I’d possibly not make stupid jokes about him playing for them as we don’t know if his mum is here because she escaped