The "CHEESE" Thread. | Vital Football

The "CHEESE" Thread.

astonion

Vital Squad Member
In the really interseting thread upthevilla talked about some nice Dutch cheeses which got me thinking. I had cheese and crackers for lunch, just Mild Cathedral, not much bite to be honest. I have got some Red Leicester in the fridge, might have some of that tomorrow. The question is, what cheese do you prefer. Do you like the smelly blue ones or just a bit of Chedder.

I like Mild or Mature Chedder tbh, never tried the stronger stuff, i do think you can't beat real cheese like Cathedral City now that's the proper stuff right there!

I love a mature cheddar, and used one called Old Winchester as a vegetarian Parmesan replacement and on crackers etc. however, going Vegan, (not very) Cheezly just isn't cutting it...... And for that reason I'm out....... Of this thread
......unless of course wind up JF who is a big cheese lover, and wants everyone to post about cheese, only cheese, and more cheese so that he can think of cheese all day and all night, because he's the big cheese on here. :17: ( cheesy grin).

:83: Whilst the cats away the mice will play :91: I am hiding when JF sees this and I am hiding under the naughty step

Me I love cheese. We had goats cheese when we were in Canada last month. We went to this goats farm and had a tasting session. It was fab. Bought some we used with our thanks giving meal we had whilst we were their with my Daughter, Son in Law and his family

I like Irish cheese, Welsh cheese, and Feta

Oh no, a life without Halloumi.... I might as well jump in front of a train (stationary one, just for effect, though the sentiment is the same) :178:

I have a nice mature cheddar for general use... sarnies, rarebit etc But when I'm doing cheese and crackers, I have two lovely Italian cheeses. Cambazola, a lovely soft cheese and a class Gorgonzola. Both go excellently with a good glass of wine. The Cambazola is well accompanied by a nice glass of Delle Venezie or a La Marjolette and the Gorgonzola, ideal for a nice Pinotage or a nice Montepulciano De Abruzzo....

upthevilla - 6/11/2014 16:55

I love a mature cheddar, and used one called Old Winchester as a vegetarian Parmesan replacement and on crackers etc. however, going Vegan, (not very) Cheezly just isn't cutting it...... And for that reason I'm out....... Of this thread
......unless of course wind up JF who is a big cheese lover, and wants everyone to post about cheese, only cheese, and more cheese so that he can think of cheese all day and all night, because he's the big cheese on here. :17: ( cheesy grin).
What you eat cheese with no meat in it your weird man.

I like all cheese which is a bit of a problem because of my cholesterol levels. Can't resist the stuff though. I like the really strong ones. You know, the ones that make your teeth itch.

Cheese on toast
Cheese sarny
Cheese on top of the mash on top of a shepherd`s pie/cottage pie.
Cheesy beans
Cheese flan
Cheese and biscuits
Cheese and pickles
Cheese and pineapple

Cheese,cheese,cheese.
Love it.
The stronger the better.

and with that,I`ll bid you all a fond farewell. :18:

Pride of Lions - 6/11/2014 18:09

I have a nice mature cheddar for general use... sarnies, rarebit etc But when I'm doing cheese and crackers, I have two lovely Italian cheeses. Cambazola, a lovely soft cheese and a class Gorgonzola. Both go excellently with a good glass of wine. The Cambazola is well accompanied by a nice glass of Delle Venezie or a La Marjolette and the Gorgonzola, ideal for a nice Pinotage or a nice Montepulciano De Abruzzo....

not showing my ignorance but I have'nt a clue when people talk about all these differant wines. I'm a old fart now, If I have cheese and crackers, I'll wash it down with a cupa or a small beer. The only thing I know about wine is one's white and the other is red. I've had some wine that tasted ok, but I've had some that tasted like vinegar.
:8:

It's like when mom and dad wasn't in the house as teens and you could jump around the house blasting music and going wild,,,same here let;s say cheese freely before the fuhrer returns, CHEEEEEESE, CHEEEEESE WOOHOO!

As I have got older, I like stronger cheeses.

At the moment I like a smoky mature cheddar called 'Cornish Tickler'. Really nice.

Clubpaver - 6/11/2014 20:52

Cheese on toast
Cheese sarny
Cheese on top of the mash on top of a shepherd`s pie/cottage pie.
Cheesy beans
Cheese flan
Cheese and biscuits
Cheese and pickles
Cheese and pineapple

Cheese,cheese,cheese.
Love it.
The stronger the better.

and with that,I`ll bid you all a fond farewell. :18:

There is always 1 coward, who helps stir the mischief then runs off with a goodbye, without waiting to face the music. I suppose you intend to stay away long enough for JF to calm down, so you won't be part of the worst of the rocketing we are in for :15: :15: :15:

We can handle it! We are Villans. We have too :19:

Everyone say cheese for the camera :17:

LORD RON SAUNDERS - 7/11/2014 03:56

Pride of Lions - 6/11/2014 18:09

not showing my ignorance but I have'nt a clue when people talk about all these differant wines. I'm a old fart now, If I have cheese and crackers, I'll wash it down with a cupa or a small beer. The only thing I know about wine is one's white and the other is red. I've had some wine that tasted ok, but I've had some that tasted like vinegar.
:8:

Some wine can easily taste like vinegar, specially if you've had the bottle open for a few days.

That's what they call oxidisation, which is a natural slow process once the bottle has been opened and the wine is open to air. This is due to the additives added to the majority of wines.... like your average supermarket (mass produced) wines, which accelerates the oxidisation process.

But a large number of wines are recommended to be drank with a good cheese.

Even Port and Stilton, after all, Port is a fortified wine.

:14:

I will stick to a nice ''vintage'' of non alcoholic 'Green bottle' or 'Signature' sparkling elderberry or sparkling raspberry if you don't mind Pride with my cheese.

Port and wine aren't good for me or anyone else, around me, for that fact :14:

Know any good cheese one liners Pride?. Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb, or in this case, well a mature cheese as a mild cheese

kefkat - 7/11/2014 05:28

I will stick to a nice ''vintage'' of non alcoholic 'Green bottle' or 'Signature' sparkling elderberry or sparkling raspberry if you don't mind Pride with my cheese.

Port and wine aren't good for me or anyone else, around me, for that fact :14:

Know any good cheese one liners Pride?.

Nah, I haven't processed any lately Kefkat........

:17: :14: