The Championship Thread | Page 110 | Vital Football

The Championship Thread

Palace could be a good fit. Why and Eddie could work together this coming season and Woy go upstairs for next. Fancy Hughton to Bournemouth. Another good fit.

The wording of the statement makes it sound like Howe’s decision and they expect him to take a sabbatical.

With that in mind expect him to rock up at Palace as Hodgson is ‘retired’.

My Bournemouth supporting mates are thinking Chris Hughton is going to be the replacement, very gutted Howes gone a very popular guy down here. If they get Hughton they will be in and around the promotion race.

Eddie did an amazing job at Bournemouth, but always leaked a lot of goals albeit in the Premier League.

2015/16 - 67
2016/17 - 67
2017/18 - 61
2018/19 - 70
2019/20 - 65

My Bournemouth supporting mates are thinking Chris Hughton is going to be the replacement, very gutted Howes gone a very popular guy down here. If they get Hughton they will be in and around the promotion race.

Hasn't Hughton gone to Bristol City?

I gather that the Fixtures are out in 12 days time.

Only 42 days until the new season kicks off.

65 days until the transfer window closes.

I always think it is beneficial having a rival like Notts county doing well (though not too well). Having them in league one or two I would see as being beneficial to Forest. We can loan some of our youth team members to them to get experience without them having the upheaval of moving home and can easily keep an eye on them. I think good old friendly rivalry goes a long way. Forests best period in their history was shortly after Derby’s. A strong Liverpool side often coincides with a strong Everton side and so on. Not always but often for it to offer something. Leics doing well At present could spur us on and/or Derby. Notts being back in league may be good for Forest.

I gather that the Fixtures are out in 12 days time.

Only 42 days until the new season kicks off.

65 days until the transfer window closes.

Plenty of time to buy a big CD, a defensive midfielder, a midfield general, and four top quality strikers. One a week.