The Championship Thread | Page 61 | Vital Football

The Championship Thread

BBC Sport:

"That's it for our coverage of this evening's Championship games.

But we'll be back with four more matches tomorrow.

There's a ding-dong fixture in the race for the play-offs, with Preston hosting Derby.

That game kicks off at 17:00 BST, with second-placed West Brom travelling to Sheffield Wednesday at 19:45.

Do join us for those but until then, goodnight."

Wasn't there another important game tomorrow night? Not to worry, under the radar will do nicely!

BBC Sport:

"That's it for our coverage of this evening's Championship games.

But we'll be back with four more matches tomorrow.

There's a ding-dong fixture in the race for the play-offs, with Preston hosting Derby.

That game kicks off at 17:00 BST, with second-placed West Brom travelling to Sheffield Wednesday at 19:45.

Do join us for those but until then, goodnight."

Wasn't there another important game tomorrow night? Not to worry, under the radar will do nicely!
I'm going to take it as them assuming we are most of the way there

PS - what happened with EFL & Sheffield Wednesday?

With Liverpool winning title, I've largely avoided the news & sports channels!

You would imagine that there are lots of other clubs only just managing to keep their heads above water.
My mistake looks like they are getting a 12 point deduction this season which will probably see them down although even down to 38 points they have a fighting chance.

With the way they are playing, they could end up staying safe anyway?

Amazed me, with their resources, what Stoke have done this season.
Stoke are just in absolute disarray. Could almost be better for them to go down and regroup but that is a phenomenal fall from grace.

I could be wrong but was there not an announcement from UEFA last week to the effect that the P & S rules had been suspended for this season and next.

I do not know if that suspension is just for the submission of accounts or if it covers Admin as well.

My mistake looks like they are getting a 12 point deduction this season which will probably see them down although even down to 38 points they have a fighting chance.

If there is to be a points deduction the decision will be made at the end of the season.

Under the new rules, if Wigan avoid relegation by more than 12 points the penalty will carry over to next season; this is to ensure Clubs are punished in full.

Mao usually has the detail on these kind of things but with UEFA suspending ffp, which is what I think he is referring too, can Marinakis now invest big time in playing staff and spend with no come back. Buy a couple of Carvalho’s to sit on the bench.

I could be wrong but was there not an announcement from UEFA last week to the effect that the P & S rules had been suspended for this season and next.

I do not know if that suspension is just for the submission of accounts or if it covers Admin as well.
They said 20/21 will be put together as one year

If Wigan are buggered purely because of COVID then that’s very very unfair to give them a points deduction!

Although... I can’t imagine their attendances were driving much revenue... you can get a stand to yourself at the DW most weeks.

If Wigan are buggered purely because of COVID then that’s very very unfair to give them a points deduction!

Although... I can’t imagine their attendances were driving much revenue... you can get a stand to yourself at the DW most weeks.

How is Arthur the Aardvark getting on these days chap?