The Championship Thread | Page 57 | Vital Football

The Championship Thread

Once we reach 70/1 points we have a very strong likelihood of being in the playoffs.

I do not think 71 will be enough this year.

I am predicting 73 points minimum for the play offs.

Everything is very congested at the moment with teams down to 12th with a realistic chance; most of those teams have to play each other.

Everything is very congested at the moment with teams down to 12th with a realistic chance; most of those teams have to play each other.
I would want 74 to be sure but think you could be right with 73. I do think it could be down to the odd point though.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'm not sure about 73 being a minimum.

7th place have a maximum score of 78. That's before you account for various teams around 7th playing each other. I can't be arsed to do the calculation but if Preston in 7th score 78 then no one else can, that's obvious.

I'm guessing that when you work it out, probably 75ish will be the maximum points available for 6th place.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'm not sure about 73 being a minimum.

7th place have a maximum score of 78. That's before you account for various teams around 7th playing each other. I can't be arsed to do the calculation but if Preston in 7th score 78 then no one else can, that's obvious.

I'm guessing that when you work it out, probably 75ish will be the maximum points available for 6th place.

I have gone through each game and awarded points based on previous encounters; a system which works remarkably well as a betting strategy.

It makes no allowances for current form which is just as important in my view.

The resulting table was as follows:

West Brom 86
Leeds 84
Brentford 77
Forest 77
Blackburn 74
Fulham 73
Derby 71

Huddersfield 51
Luton 48
Barnsley 42

If that does not put the kiss of death on things, nothing will

I have gone through each game and awarded points based on previous encounters; a system which works remarkably well as a betting strategy.

West Brom 86
Leeds 84
Brentford 77
Forest 77
Blackburn 74
Fulham 73
Derby 71

Huddersfield 51
Luton 48
Barnsley 42

Just don't see where people's faith in Blackburn comes from.

Without the corner ******, they are pretty meh

West Brom 86
Leeds 84
Brentford 77
Forest 77
Blackburn 74
Fulham 73
Derby 71

Huddersfield 51
Luton 48
Barnsley 42

That looks about right. 72 would do it then. Fulham could crash and burn. Surprised at Blackburn. Forest v Blackburn in playoffs?? Would prefer 5th and 6th having to play their hearts out for final play off spots. Am in tears for Derby.

West Brom 86
Leeds 84
Brentford 77
Forest 77
Blackburn 74
Fulham 73
Derby 71

Huddersfield 51
Luton 48
Barnsley 42

That's 72 points you are predicting, not 73.

They have played 16 games since Dack's injury and won 5 of them.

So Mao, you are predicting them to win more games in the next 7 than they have in the whole of 2020

Those 5 games they have won have been against Wednesday, Charlton, Hull, QPR and Bristol last week.
They have won 2 points from the 5 games they have played against top six sided since his injury.

Just not seeing Blackburn as being in play and don't see why so many pundits seem to fancy them

Unconvinced Blackburn will win 6 from 7 either...

It is far from being a scientific calculation, a calculation which I did stress takes no account of recent form.

Regarding past performance; I looked at the last 5 meetings, in some instances less; some matches had a split decision 3 wins and 2 losses; I would deem that kind of prediction highly suspect.

Other games, like Derby at Preston were Derby have won 4 and drawn 1 of the last 5 meetings; I would put more faith in that result repeating itself; its quite uncanny how some results do repeat.

They have played 16 games since Dack's injury and won 5 of them.

So Mao, you are predicting them to win more games in the next 7 than they have in the whole of 2020

Those 5 games they have won have been against Wednesday, Charlton, Hull, QPR and Bristol last week.
They have won 2 points from the 5 games they have played against top six sided since his injury.

Just not seeing Blackburn as being in play and don't see why so many pundits seem to fancy them

No, those placings were based on a very simple calculation based on previous meetings; some of the calculations are definitely suspect.

I made some calculations based on how I actually think results will go, for the top teams only, and they come out different, not by much though.

I do not have West Brom winning the league and still think it will take around 73 points to get in the play offs