The Championship Thread | Page 37 | Vital Football

The Championship Thread

The home form's going to bite us on the arse, Ron.

Can't argue with the away form though, already a fantastic season on the road, whatever happens.
It may well do mate, but if we can hang on to the play offs the others won't fancy playing us. Already a far better season than most of us expected, at least there's something to still be excited about.

I think Leeds will get 2nd. I would have us as 3rd favourites behind Fulham and Brentford in the play-offs. As long as we finish 3rd or 4th and play away first, then who knows.

I think Leeds will get 2nd. I would have us as 3rd favourites behind Fulham and Brentford in the play-offs. As long as we finish 3rd or 4th and play away first, then who knows.
Who do you think could beat us in the playoffs?
I think we could beat both Fulham and Brentford.
If Millwall get into the playoffs I would be more worried.

Judging by past efforts, Forest are the side who could beat us in the playoffs.

We've managed to mess it up a few times.

Mentality is still suspect (conceding equalisers against Reading twice, almost conceding late heartbreak goal at West Brom), but this year I'd give us a good chance of beating all comers in the playoffs.

Unless we can still get autos...

Want to avoid Preston. Bogey team.

We also want to be away first.

Win away first. Force the other team to come at us at home chasing the game, ceding possession and letting us play like we do away.

So we could do with finishing 3rd or 4th

I would agree with all of that.
I think we're set up perfectly for a playoff win. The frustrating style would be even more effective in a higher pressure situation, especially if we're away first.

I would be wary of both Fulham's and Brentford's quality to be honest. I know we have beaten them both, but I think the fact we don't score enough would catch up with us. Plus once our depth outside the first 11 is really weak, except Dawson and Carvalho

I would be wary of both Fulham's and Brentford's quality to be honest. I know we have beaten them both, but I think the fact we don't score enough would catch up with us. Plus once our depth outside the first 11 is really weak, except Dawson and Carvalho

They both set up perfectly for us though, did you go to either away game?

Want to avoid Preston. Bogey team.

We also want to be away first.

Win away first. Force the other team to come at us at home chasing the game, ceding possession and letting us play like we do away.

So we could do with finishing 3rd or 4th

Finishing 3rd will see us play a shit team and therefore most likely lose.

Given that, I'm going to say that we finish 3rd on goal difference and then lose to Some one like Preston finishing 10 points + behind us in the league to a dodgy refereeing decision/ performance.

I'm aiming for 5th.

We have lost comfortably in the playoffs having finished 3rd.

We have lost disastrously having finished 4th

We have lost twice finishing 6th.

5th place is the charm

I wouldn't mind playing Preston. Don't believe in 'bogey' teams. We hadn't beaten Cardiff in years and look what happened Tuesday night. I fear Fulham and Mitrovic.

In fact, assuming West Brom and Leeds go up automatically, I wouldn't fear anyone but Fulham. I just think they have one of the best squads in the division.

In fact, assuming West Brom and Leeds go up automatically, I wouldn't fear anyone but Fulham. I just think they have one of the best squads in the division.

Watched em yesterday, swansea unlucky really and had kept them out with a disciplined performance. The goal really was last kick of injury time. Capable but on our day we could beat Fulham