The Championship Thread | Page 115 | Vital Football

The Championship Thread

Nottingham used to be a decent sort of a place back in the day, much better than some of the surrounding cities. Derby and Leicester for example never came close.
Sheffield at least has the Crucible going for it.

If you factor in the wages from:

OKD's accountancy firm
Mark2310 owns a clearing house and a FL club
Multimillionaire gammon Jom
Banger's Care empire
Stretta and Mao's pensions
Lionkings career as an economist
Rob's musical back catalogue
DeFuq's property empire/marketing agency/deep-sea pipe laying engineering company/career advice to the stars

Then we are all millionaires.

Erm you are forgetting The Wolf who had more money than he could spend

If you factor in the wages from:

OKD's accountancy firm
Mark2310 owns a clearing house and a FL club
Multimillionaire gammon Jom
Banger's Care empire
Stretta and Mao's pensions
Lionkings career as an economist
Rob's musical back catalogue
DeFuq's property empire/marketing agency/deep-sea pipe laying engineering company/career advice to the stars

Then we are all millionaires.

I’m minted without adding my pension in. Only the other day I found a building on my land that I’ve never seen before.

My Pension is doing very well thanks.

The decision to go big on Gold ETFs and Gold Mining Stocks is working out very nicely; particularly the Gold miners who pay big dividends

Not at the millionaire status yet but if Gold gets to 3000$ an ounce, who knows....although I'm fairly sure panic will set in long before then and I will cash out

Gold is just about to go down (imo). It's been marked up very quickly over the last 3 weeks and is almost always a the end of a rising market, especially when into new highs. The market makers drag people in at exactly the wrong time (when it's about to turn). Everybody buying while the market makers are selling

Gold is just about to go down. It's been marked up very quickly over the last 3 weeks and is almost always a the end of a rising market, especially when into new highs. The market makers drag people in at exactly the wrong time (when it's about to turn). Everybody buying while the market makers are selling

I have been building my position up over the last four or five years, mainly as a hedge against my equity portfolio.

As for current prices; they are linked at the moment to Bond Yields, particularly longer dated, index linked gilt yields, and the current economic uncertainty.

The price will inevitably drop but that will be dependent on the changes to yields and the economic picture.

I am planning to take some profits shortly and then buy back in when the price drops

Nottingham started declining around 2000 and has continued since.

Interestingly, Forest have also been out of the Prem since around the same time.

I wonder if there is any correlation?

I would presume there would have to be some as I've seen media pieces about how Leicester and Swansea had influxes of investment and foreign students after a bit of footballing success.