The Championship 2019/20 Season Thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

The Championship 2019/20 Season Thread

How the hell can a side like Barnsley plan, and budget, for next season? They believe they are safe, but Wigan may win an appeal League 1 players and budget or championship players and budget?
And Sheffield Wednesday may be relegated in Wigan's place, as unlikely as their appeal may be. That would be poetic justice: Barnsley were one of the clubs to cry 'foul!' when Chansiri sold Hillsborough to himself. Barnsley have also threatened legal action if they are relegated, and Wednesday and/or Derby are found guilty but permitted to remain in the Championship.

To complicate matters further, an additional catalyst could be the deduction of points to apply from the start of next season, instead of at the end of this one.

What a mess.

The simplest solution would be for the clubs to stop cheating.

And Sheffield Wednesday may be relegated in Wigan's place, as unlikely as their appeal may be. That would be poetic justice: Barnsley were one of the clubs to cry 'foul!' when Chansiri sold Hillsborough to himself. Barnsley have also threatened legal action if they are relegated, and Wednesday and/or Derby are found guilty but permitted to remain in the Championship.

To complicate matters further, an additional catalyst could be the deduction of points to apply from the start of next season, instead of at the end of this one.

What a mess.

The simplest solution would be for the clubs to stop cheating.
Some lads at work tell me that Barnsley have fallen foul of this situation previously, when last sent down to League 1. Can't recall the detail, but some team having their points deduction carried into the following season. Apparently they have been very vocal in trying to ensure the same didn't happen this time.

Some lads at work tell me that Barnsley have fallen foul of this situation previously, when last sent down to League 1. Can't recall the detail, but some team having their points deduction carried into the following season. Apparently they have been very vocal in trying to ensure the same didn't happen this time.

The number of clubs caught in the fallout from clubs being mismanaged is ridiculous. Clubs in all 3 EFL divisions have been affected this past season, some more than others of course. Is it about time the ultimate penalty was put in place and clubs who fail FFP audits, fail to pay players or fail to fulfil fixtures are expelled from the EFL it may seem severe, but let's be honest points deductions do not work.

The number of clubs caught in the fallout from clubs being mismanaged is ridiculous. Clubs in all 3 EFL divisions have been affected this past season, some more than others of course. Is it about time the ultimate penalty was put in place and clubs who fail FFP audits, fail to pay players or fail to fulfil fixtures are expelled from the EFL it may seem severe, but let's be honest points deductions do not work.
Been saying similar today. Maybe not expelled, but automatic relegation.

Just read the Wednesday and Derby article by ScotImp (twice for double clicks).
As always, thorough and accurate but perhaps not so on one point.
How did the valuation of Blundell Park ever reach £3.75? And who in Grimsby would ever have that level of funds sloshing around?

Wigan's appeal to be heard on 31 July:

https://wiganathletic.com/news/2020...ics-Supporters-From-The-Joint-Administrators/

Apparently, it is costing them £500,000 to appeal, as they have to pay all costs.

Also interesting to note that their preferred bidder has fallen at the first hurdle.

Two points on that, if you're broke and in administration, how can it be allowed to spend an extra half million that you don't have?
And secondly, has anyone ever explained why lawyers can rip people off so disgracefully? Half a million for one appeal???

I think that has been said by somebody every week for the past forty years
One day, someone will be right.
It certainly doesn't help when the players squeal like stuck pigs every time they get the slightest contact, often none! I'd be embarrassed to do it.

One day, someone will be right.
It certainly doesn't help when the players squeal like stuck pigs every time they get the slightest contact, often none! I'd be embarrassed to do it.
It’s the ones who hold the wrong part of their body who anger me the most.

Slight kick on the right ankle, go down holding left knee. D***heads.

It’s the ones who hold the wrong part of their body who anger me the most.

Slight kick on the right ankle, go down holding left knee. D***heads.

Totally agree. I have said for a while that with tv coverage as it is, players doing this should be retrospectively punished. Take it even further, if someone dives or cheats to win a game, then it is retrospectively dealt with. By that I mean the result is reversed, and the offending player suspended for ten matches. Very simple, cuts out cheating at a stroke.