The Championship 2019/20 Season Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Championship 2019/20 Season Thread

If Dannys lot don't get a result at Florest we could be seeing him sooner than we thought. All the bottom sides have come to life !

If they keep their jobs... Looking a bit dicey, I reckon they thought they'd do a lot better than this with how bad Siewart seemed to be.

Hull looked like the most ropey team the way they'd let players go but got their point today. Boro be alright now with Warnock in

Barnsley and Luton have given themselves a fighting chance. 3 spots to come down very much in the balance now.......3 from 8 unless the EFL remember that they were looking into finances at Birmingham and Wednesday before the lockdowns and any points deductions for them would put them in deep poo

As it stands:

Bristol City 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday (Sky Sports)
Wickham 13', Luongo 59'

Later:

14:15: Nottingham Forest v Huddersfield Town (Sky Sports)

Huddersfield v Luton could be huge but bearing in mind how tight that bottom seven is and they all have 7 games left, anyone that puts together a mini unbeaten run (like Wigan have) can quite quickly get themselves safe.

I really thought Danny would have them out of the traps fast after lockdown, but the reverse has happened. It's going to be difficult for them to change the momentum now. I wonder if the absence of a crowd is hitting them harder than most?

It is a bit of a strange one, DC didn’t think we had a budget to be competing at top end of L1 so left for perfect opportunity, but it’s apparent Huddersfield are the same a league above. So whilst they are of course a bigger club, as they are now they can’t compete budget wise in that league

This is probably DC's biggest test now. His teams have up to this point always been successful but I don't think he's ever been in a proper relegation battle and that requires a very different way of getting results.

"2 tactically inept PE teachers" are certainly not popular at the moment.
I thought they would turn the ship around at Huddersfield, but once they went behind today they were beaten. As we know, losing is a difficult thing to get out of. I think they are done for.

"2 tactically inept PE teachers" are certainly not popular at the moment.
I thought they would turn the ship around at Huddersfield, but once they went behind today they were beaten. As we know, losing is a difficult thing to get out of. I think they are done for.

I guess we'll see, but I've always said they should have stuck to their own method and learned their trade for at least a season in L1.

It was why I was so surprised they left, I thought they'd stick to the formula that had worked so well.

But then, I've never been offered a shed-load of cash to manage Huddersfield.

If they are sacked, they'll never want for work in L1 or L2. But that rise up the divisions might take a little longer than they anticipated.

All to play for, though. Survival may see them keep the job.

Last edited:
I guess we'll see, but I've always said they should have stuck to their own method and learned their trade for at least a season in L1.

It was why I was so surprised they left, I thought they'd stick to the formula that had worked so well.

But then, I've never been offered a shed-load of cash to manage Huddersfield.

If they are sacked, they'll never want for work in L1 or L2. But that rise up the divisions might take a little longer than they anticipated.

To be clear, I think Huddersfield are done for, not the Cowley boys. I'd not wish ill on them after what they did for us. The "PE teachers" jibe came from the dog-botherers forum too.
Sadly, in modern football one will quite likely lead to the other.

They might just have to earn the rise up the divisions via promotions

17:00: Millwall v Swansea City (Sky Sports)

18:00: Barnsley v Blackburn Rovers, Cardiff City v Charlton Athletic, Reading v Brentford

18:30: Queens Park Rangers v Fulham

19:45: Leeds United v Luton Town, Wigan Athletic v Stoke City

FT Scores:

Millwall 1-1 Swansea City
Barnsley 2-0 Blackburn Rovers
Cardiff City 0-0 Charlton Athletic
Reading 0-3 Brentford

As it stands:

Queens Park Rangers 1-1 Fulham
Leeds United 0-0 Luton Town
Wigan Athletic 0-0 Stoke City

Brentford making a real go of getting into the Premier League.

Barnsley win again also.........squeaky bum time at the bottom for some big clubs