The Championship 2019/20 Season Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Championship 2019/20 Season Thread

I know this is going a bit :off:, but I still think DC & NC should have spent a season in League One for their own good, with us or otherwise.

Completely agree. I said so at the time and was very surprised they jumped ship. It seemed out of character.

Completely agree. I said so at the time and was very surprised they jumped ship. It seemed out of character.
It did, meaning they effectively had to learn to jump up two divisions at once. That's a big ask for any manager(s), let alone ones going to a team that is already struggling!

I think they'd have been unhappy if they'd stayed and probably looked elsewhere anywhere, if the dog botherers hadn't taken them.
They are obviously extremely ambitious and we couldn't have given them the funds they would have required to keep pushing onwards and upwards.
I'm really happy we've got MApp, who came to us knowing he didn't have a large budget but still came to us. He's got experience at that higher level. And the contacts in those higher divisions.

I suspect our finances might not have been as secure as they currently are as well. Taking into account the compensation we got from Hudders plus we would have probably not sold on quite so many players in January. I think it has worked out well for both the club and the brothers. After all should they leave Huddersfield they will still be financially far better off than had they stayed with us and there will still be many clubs who would be fighting to appoint them as next manager/coach

After all should they leave Huddersfield they will still be financially far better off than had they stayed with us and there will still be many clubs who would be fighting to appoint them as next manager/coach
I'm not so sure Sedgley, don't see Premier or Championship clubs falling over themselves if they 'fail' at Hudds. And money at our level and below likely to be a factor.

I'm not so sure Sedgley, don't see Premier or Championship clubs falling over themselves if they 'fail' at Hudds. And money at our level and below likely to be a factor.

What I was trying to get across is that they have almost certainly earned more money since last September than they would have with us and very probably secured their financial futures ( if they are frugal enough). I agree that a failure at Huddersfield will put off some suitors who were supposedly looking at them over last summer but there are many at our level who will fall over themselves to get them in should the chance arrive

As it stands:

Charlton Athletic 1-0 Queens Park Rangers
Preston North End 0-0 Cardiff City
Swansea City 0-0 Luton Town
Barnsley 0-0 Millwall
Derby County 0-0 Reading

Fixtures at 15:00:

Birmingham City v Hull City
Leeds United v Fulham
Stoke City v Middlesbrough
Wigan Athletic v Blackburn Rovers

Another win for Charlton, Luton win away at Swansea, just need a Barnsley winner v Millwall now. Stoke v 'boro suddenly became massive. Bottom of The Championship is about the only really interesting bit of football left for this season with the bonus that we get to see which combination of attractive fixtures presents itself for The Imps.

If Dannys lot don't get a result at Florest we could be seeing him sooner than we thought. All the bottom sides have come to life !