The Carney Chukwuemeka Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Carney Chukwuemeka Thread

Can the lad play this evening in the FA Youth Cup final?
With JPB, Barry, Carney etc all looking real talents, and maybe one or two breaking into the first team squad next season, I'm looking forward to this game.

Can the lad play this evening in the FA Youth Cup final?
With JPB, Barry, Carney etc all looking real talents, and maybe one or two breaking into the first team squad next season, I'm looking forward to this game.

I don't think there's any rule against him playing. I was surprised he brought him on but I suppose it shows how highly Smith rates him that with other, more experienced options on the bench it was Chukwuemeka he turned to to help see the game out.

Remember back in the 90's and we all thought Ehiogu was too difficult to pronounce/say..... this new crop coming through have taken it to a new level....
On hold in Menorca and got rope in to the obligatory quiz. Delightful female quiz master asked the question, " What is the full name of the Brazilian football legend, Peel(sic)?

On hold in Menorca and got rope in to the obligatory quiz. Delightful female quiz master asked the question, " What is the full name of the Brazilian football legend, Peel(sic)?
A bit like the bloke who raved about Dr. Ogba.

Edson Arantes do Nascimento of course :thumbup:

PS I cheated

Posting this here because it's the right spot.

I've seen several comments saying we don't need this player or that because we have (name our 1st team regulars) and people like Chucky coming through.

Just a personal opinion but I haven't been as overwhelmed by him as some on this forum. When he did get on for the 1st team I didn't think that he worked hard enough or was quick enough.

When I watched the recent youth Cup final I thought I detected a degree of cockyness and I didn't feel that he dictated the game in anyway which one may of hoped for from a, "rising star".

Yes I know he is young blah, blah, blah but I certainly don't see him becoming a first team regular; certainly not this coming season.

:LOL: When Sean Connery was brought to meet the England squad in '66, Alf Ramsey introduced him to the players as Seen Connery

I've seen several comments saying we don't need this player or that because we have (name our 1st team regulars) and people like Chucky coming through.

Just a personal opinion but I haven't been as overwhelmed by him as some on this forum. When he did get on for the 1st team I didn't think that he worked hard enough or was quick enough.

When I watched the recent youth Cup final I thought I detected a degree of cockyness and I didn't feel that he dictated the game in anyway which one may of hoped for from a, "rising star".

Yes I know he is young blah, blah, blah but I certainly don't see him becoming a first team regular; certainly not this coming season.

On the one hand, I didn’t think he had a great cup final game. The swagger was probably hindering his game. Other than that, I’ve only seen highlights of him, but they are mightily impressive.

In terms of his first team appearance, which I can only recall Spurs away - he pressed high, had a few touches and hit the post.

Youth football is a million miles from first team football, the gap is enormous. I thought he had a good showing and he’s only what’s 17/18?

I’ve got too excited about one too many youngsters in the past, and seem to get it completely wrong so my opinion probably isn’t a good one to judge. But on early viewing, I really like the look of Chukey. When he fills out and if he keeps his technique and skill, there’s a Pogba-type player in there potentially.

It should be a rare thing that we turn down quality in favour of potential. The decision to spend 40MM on a quality player or just have Carney on the subs bench could be the difference between Grealish being here next season or not.

I love a long term plan but Jack Grealish would still be in my long term plan.