The Carney Chukwuemeka Thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

The Carney Chukwuemeka Thread

He's not going to get game time at a better side than us currently. I think Sanson will be off and I think Doug will go as well. We'll sign another midfielder and I think the pitch to Chukwuemeka will be that Ramsey, Mcginn, himself and whoever we sign will fight out for the 2 remaining midfield positions, presuming that Kamara will be starting week in week out at DM.

He's not going to get a better chance than that to play regularly in the Premier league. If he joins a super 6 side he's either loaned out or in the under 23s. If he goes abroad then he's either going to be playing for a weak bundesliga side or getting the odd few minutes at someone like Dortmund.

If whoever is advising him gives a toss about his career then they'll tell him to sign a new deal at Villa.

If he goes to an elite team then ok, though as you say JW, he'll have to bide his time. What I don't want is a sideways 'one that got away' move we later regret, like Albrighton to Leicester or Gueye to Everton

If he goes to an elite team then ok, though as you say JW, he'll have to bide his time. What I don't want is a sideways 'one that got away' move we later regret, like Albrighton to Leicester or Gueye to Everton

I don't think many were regretting Albrighton leaving at the time. He'd had 2 poor seasons in a row after his breakthrough under Houllier but that was under the 2 Scottish idiots the first of whom used him as an extra rb because Hutton couldn't defend and the second just ignored him.

I thought it was a stupid thing to do but I'd never got on board with lambert. The fact that his replacement was Tonev just shows what a great idea it was I suppose.

He’s obviously very talented and stands out on an under 21’s pitch but I haven’t seen enough of him (in terms of his output) to be convinced we can rely on him to be in the top 3 midfielders picked to play in the Premier League. It’s that vicious cycle of you need to be given opportunities to gain experience when you don’t have much experience, but I don’t think any of us were blown away by cameos this season.

I see more direct players who know their role and know what they want to be in Ramsey and even Archer. I don’t yet know what Carney is, and perhaps he doesn’t either.

He has great feet and skill, and probably wants to play in a more attacking role, but where I struggle with him a little is for a big lad he is weak. That’s not to say turn him him into a defensive unit, but you will always need to battle for balls wherever you are on the pitch.

I’ve posted before, I’m all for the loan option as above but the smoke from the reports seems to suggest he thinks he’s above that.

He’s obviously very talented and stands out on an under 21’s pitch but I haven’t seen enough of him (in terms of his output) to be convinced we can rely on him to be in the top 3 midfielders picked to play in the Premier League. It’s that vicious cycle of you need to be given opportunities to gain experience when you don’t have much experience, but I don’t think any of us were blown away by cameos this season.

I see more direct players who know their role and know what they want to be in Ramsey and even Archer. I don’t yet know what Carney is, and perhaps he doesn’t either.

He has great feet and skill, and probably wants to play in a more attacking role, but where I struggle with him a little is for a big lad he is weak. That’s not to say turn him him into a defensive unit, but you will always need to battle for balls wherever you are on the pitch.

I’ve posted before, I’m all for the loan option as above but the smoke from the reports seems to suggest he thinks he’s above that.

You are right about him being loaned out. It was good enough for Mount and Abraham.

The truth is, he would probably be better off at Dortmund or somewhere with a less competitive league where he could get his game.

Dortmund aren't going to loan him without an option to buy are they? They're not a pisspot club looking to loan youngsters from a club like Villa. They're a massive club.

Loaning him out would make zero sense unless he signs a new contract. Otherwise he'd just be running his contract down. If there's no movement on a new deal when the squad report back for pre season then we'll just have to sell for whatever we can get, even if it's cheap, rather than run the risk of losing him for nothing.

The club will want some sort of certainly. If the season starts and he hasn't signed a new contract then we'd be better binning him in the reserves for the rest of the season with absolutely no first team football before releasing him at the end of the season.

Dortmund aren't going to loan him without an option to buy are they? They're not a pisspot club looking to loan youngsters from a club like Villa. They're a massive club.

half a chance they've already tapped him up.
as said little point having him in and around the squad if he's not signed by the time next season rolls round