The Carney Chukwuemeka Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Carney Chukwuemeka Thread

He hesitated which gave the keeper the time to make the save. It definitely cost us a point.

Well I could link to all Anwars top finishes , both left and right foot.

Anyway my point is if you get a chance against the likes of Man City you have to score because you don't get that many.

Which I fully agree with.

And my point is that it wasn't a shocking miss.

Lovely touch on the ball, a hesitant approach bordering on the languid, no doubt caused by nerves at the surroundings and expectations of the crowd and composure a bit lacking for the goal chance. The skills, faults and learning curve of the average lad of his age coming into a game against one of the best teams in Europe.
The bloke behind me went ballistic at his miss and labeled him a useless waste of space.
Mind you this bloke doesn’t seem to like any of our players.
If Gerrard sees potential in him I’m happy to defer to the professional and give him a chance.

Lovely touch on the ball, a hesitant approach bordering on the languid, no doubt caused by nerves at the surroundings and expectations of the crowd and composure a bit lacking for the goal chance. The skills, faults and learning curve of the average lad of his age coming into a game against one of the best teams in Europe.
The bloke behind me went ballistic at his miss and labeled him a useless waste of space.
If Gerrard sees potential in him I’m happy to defer to the professional and give him a chance.
Didn't know you sat in front of Silhill.

He really pisses me off. Never to be heard when a player does something good but quick to jump on any slight mistake. He’s the kind of bloke who, if he was a manager, would assume that the only way to make his workers perform better would be to dish out bollockings.
It’s almost a relief when he misses a game.

Should have scored. We can't be putting him on unless he is going to contribute.

I thought it was an odd substitution tbh Ramsey and Anwar must be above him in the pecking order if the last 2 games were anything to go by.
Ramsey was carrying a few knocks Gerrard has said. ElGazhi? No idea.

Harsh by that bloke behind you, that wasn't an easy chance against the best keeper in the world. He got it out of his feet well and hit the target and the goalie made the save. Considering his lack of game time at the top level he has shown he can cut the mustard and not be a liability against top opposition.

Anwar is made for this system with a narrow front 3 he's an awful winger as he never crosses
To be a fair, he has put in some stellar crosses in his time, like in the Cup Final against Man C. Usually when he goes all out to beat his man on the outside. But his instinct is to cut inside and I do think this system suits him.

To be a fair, he has put in some stellar crosses in his time, like in the Cup Final against Man C. Usually when he goes all out to beat his man on the outside. But his instinct is to cut inside and I do think this system suits him.
yep I think so, he's a big sturdy unit if coached properly and he can strike a ball with either foot. With the two sick notes Bailey and Bert likely to be out for some time It's up to him to make himself a first choice, he has the weapons

Harsh by that bloke behind you, that wasn't an easy chance against the best keeper in the world. He got it out of his feet well and hit the target and the goalie made the save. Considering his lack of game time at the top level he has shown he can cut the mustard and not be a liability against top opposition.

Should have hit it first time. The touch let the defender get across to him.