The Carney Chukwuemeka Thread | Page 55 | Vital Football

The Carney Chukwuemeka Thread

odd as it seems it's not the complete cobblers it sounds -
294 mins for us in his last full season in 12 games &
224 at chelsea in 11 games - so I guess relatively he's playing more provided his number comes out in the team lottery a couple more times this season.

Though this would have been higher if he hadn't been iced out towards the end of the season with his contract situation. One of the things that Gerrard actually got right in his tenure.

odd as it seems it's not the complete cobblers it sounds -
294 mins for us in his last full season in 12 games &
224 at chelsea in 11 games - so I guess relatively he's playing more provided his number comes out in the team lottery a couple more times this season.

Anyway the burning question is what about Caleb - the top prospect we picked up (and not because it's his brother and to keep him happy) -
8 games for Crawley town - 0 goals and no longer making their squad this year
(and they are 3rd bottom of div 2)
Caleb is nailed on for release at the end of the season. Obviously signed to keep his brother happy, and he’s failed to kick on at all so I can’t see a reason why his contract will be renewed

As for Carney I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up like Loftus Cheek, someone who falls in and out of the squad and occasionally looks decent for a while but at other times is completely forgotten about, should have left that club many years ago but is happy to just sit around collecting big wages

Caleb is nailed on for release at the end of the season. Obviously signed to keep his brother happy, and he’s failed to kick on at all so I can’t see a reason why his contract will be renewed

As for Carney I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up like Loftus Cheek, someone who falls in and out of the squad and occasionally looks very good but at other times is completely forgotten about, should have left that club many years ago but is happy to just sit around collecting big wages

I think he is on a compulsory purchase order down there.

Must remember he moved when the YTS clown was in charge and we were clearly on the slide . I doubt it but maybe it could have been a different call by him had Unai been in charge at the time .

Anyway. Fuck him. He has made his bed now and will be at Preston soon .
I still don't think he'd start for us, he still only 19 so could go either way but my guess is he'll be loaned out, in August as they'll need to buy even more ready-made overpriced superstars

The fact that they've paid big money for him could be his savior. Chelsea see their academy as a money making exercise as selling those players counts hugely in your favor in terms of FFP, which they desperately need now.

Expect the likes of Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Chabaloah, Gallagher to be sold off in the summer. The only home grown player currently anywhere near their first team not to be sold will be Reece James.

Must remember he moved when the YTS clown was in charge and we were clearly on the slide . I doubt it but maybe it could have been a different call by him had Unai been in charge at the time .

Anyway. Fuck him. He has made his bed now and will be at Preston soon .

TBF to him he might have coped Gerrard hadnt a clue

The fact that they've paid big money for him could be his savior. Chelsea see their academy as a money making exercise as selling those players counts hugely in your favor in terms of FFP, which they desperately need now.

Expect the likes of Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Chabaloah, Gallagher to be sold off in the summer. The only home grown player currently anywhere near their first team not to be sold will be Reece James.

I think Mount is leaving on a free. His contract is up and they won't pay him top money because they didn't sign him for £100m.

There was some talk of him going to Liverpool.

I don't have any ill will towards Carney. He got the opportunity to make himself rich by signing for Chelsea. We got £20m for him.

I don't think he has what it takes to make it at PL level. If he had, he would have backed himself and stayed with us. He took the money. Good luck to him.

The only losers in this are Chelsea.

Life is a lottery and you can “live or die” (career wise) by the decisions you take. He agitated for a move, so I can’t empathise with any of the ills that may come his way, nor celebrate any achievements he may have in the game.
Very deep for you Merd;)

I think Mount is leaving on a free. His contract is up and they won't pay him top money because they didn't sign him for £100m.

Mount is more than a decent player, very unfashionable but absolutely a 4-4.5 star player. He'd be perfect for Emery, I think he really understands tactical instructions and could execute numerous roles. Chelsea are retarded if they let him move on to Liverpool for nothing because again he is probably perfect for them and their pressing style.

I think his contract is up in summer of 24.
As for paying him top money, I don't think he's worth half a mill a week like Haaland.