The Carney Chukwuemeka Thread | Vital Football

The Carney Chukwuemeka Thread

JuanPabloAngel

Alert Team
I think it's time the lad had his own thread.

What an assured performance on his debut (albeit an 8-minute cameo), and unlucky not to score.

Really looking forward to watching this lad progress. Let's hope the rumours of Bayern sniffing around are not true and we get to see him develop in Villa colours.

I'd be happy for him NOT to go anywhere on loan and to remain in and around the first team next season.

Absolutely. Both him and Jaden look so confident and assured. Talent will only get you so far. Just look at Andre Green and Jacob Ramsey. If you don't believe in yourself and play your own game you'll struggle.

No need to loan him out. Next season should be simple. Buy a new no.10 and make Carney his backup and have full faith in him to play when required.

Absolutely. Both him and Jaden look so confident and assured. Talent will only get you so far. Just look at Andre Green and Jacob Ramsey. If you don't believe in yourself and play your own game you'll struggle.

No need to loan him out. Next season should be simple. Buy a new no.10 and make Carney his backup and have full faith in him to play when required.
Exactly my thoughts. Opens up the possibility for signing an older No.10 on a shorter deal.

I saw Vassiliev come on at Brighton last season , and he ran around but looked average with the ball at his feet.

Vassilev has always looked average (I wouldn't even be that complimentary to be fair).

You do have to wonder how some of these kids get a chance. To fans it seems obvious who the good ones are, yet useless ones like Vassileve and Audrey Hepburn Murphy get chances in the first team. Must train really hard and get rewarded for that, but talent wise you can tell they'll not make it.

Luckily Carney and Jaden look the real deal.

Im so pleased these 2 made their debuts yesterday. Mainly because i hope it gives them even more affinity for Aston Villa, making your PL debut in our colours. When the other clubs coming sniffing around it might make the vital difference.

Yes, he will never be heard of again.

But Chukwuemeka has the potential to be around for some time to come.

I guess we should make preparations to retire his shirt if he does go to Bayern :lol:

Ah not sure what happened to my post. I meant to carry on and say Chuckwuemeka looked the opposite , really assured and confident on the ball.

It is an exciting future as it stands.

I think it's time the lad had his own thread.

What an assured performance on his debut (albeit an 8-minute cameo), and unlucky not to score.

Really looking forward to watching this lad progress. Let's hope the rumours of Bayern sniffing around are not true and we get to see him develop in Villa colours.

I'd be happy for him NOT to go anywhere on loan and to remain in and around the first team next season.

IMG-20210520-WA0005.jpg

I had been pissed with Dean for not giving him game time until yesterday even though it wasn't for longer than what he got but was happy to see him. I screamed at the Tv urging him to shoot when he had the chance and he did. I in fact thought that he did not make powerful contact with the ball or else it would have gone faster. So disappointing to see the ball hit the post as I was ready to scream in double delight for him and the Villa.

Vassilev has always looked average (I wouldn't even be that complimentary to be fair).

You do have to wonder how some of these kids get a chance. To fans it seems obvious who the good ones are, yet useless ones like Vassileve and Audrey Hepburn Murphy get chances in the first team. Must train really hard and get rewarded for that, but talent wise you can tell they'll not make it.

Luckily Carney and Jaden look the real deal.
I think Vassilev got a chance because we were pretty desperate at the time. Samatta and Keinan were our only senior strikers. Hepburn-Murphy had been prolific at youth level, but then went all billy-big-bollox while angling for a new contract/move. Imagine if all those players who were predicted to be great at 17/18 actually became great? Luke Moore, Isaiah Osborne (the next Viera) the list is long.....
Carney looked assured and confident and I think it was the perfect amount of time on the pitch for him. Just enough to have a few touches and get some additional confidence, but not too long where he could potentially make a mistake or get clattered.

Like I said the other day you can write off the kids out on loan at minor clubs, sad but they are on loan to help them find another club, not to get in the Villa first team .

Like I said the other day you can write off the kids out on loan at minor clubs, sad but they are on loan to help them find another club, not to get in the Villa first team .
Jack was on loan at Notts County, so I don't believe this is always the case. Players need to mature and to see if they can hack it in the professional game - youth level isn't the same. I think the loan system is a vital part of seeing whether players can hack it. When they come back they're better placed to compete having been kicked around by grown men.

Just as an aside, Callum O'Hare swept the awards at Coventry, unfortunately for him, his loan move came far too late in his development. If he was 19/20 and coming back after that season, he'd be better placed to compete for a first team place. He's probably another Barry Bannon, but that's Villa's fault for not sending him out to play professional football week in week out early enough.

Jack was on loan at Notts County, so I don't believe this is always the case. Players need to mature and to see if they can hack it in the professional game - youth level isn't the same. I think the loan system is a vital part of seeing whether players can hack it. When they come back they're better placed to compete having been kicked around by grown men.

Just as an aside, Callum O'Hare swept the awards at Coventry, unfortunately for him, his loan move came far too late in his development. If he was 19/20 and coming back after that season, he'd be better placed to compete for a first team place. He's probably another Barry Bannon, but that's Villa's fault for not sending him out to play professional football week in week out early enough.

Like I said the ones currently out on loan won't be making it at Villa, as half of us couldn't even name them without the help of google.
Ramsey and Jack went on loan for the very reasons you mention, I think the new crop coming through will be the ones to watch, sadly the older ones have missed that boat.

Like I said the ones currently out on loan won't be making it at Villa, as half of us couldn't even name them without the help of google.
Ramsey and Jack went on loan for the very reasons you mention, I think the new crop coming through will be the ones to watch, sadly the older ones have missed that boat.
Have to agree there. So, what to do with the current crop after they smash the Dipper's kids and win the FA Youth Cup? If we are investing and pushing them down the pecking order, we have to send them out.