The Car Thread | Page 25 | Vital Football

The Car Thread

Think the 911 is a work of art.... but read a good few reports saying a terrible drive. Never been in one I have to say. But I think they are a joy to the eyes!

Think the 911 is a work of art.... but read a good few reports saying a terrible drive. Never been in one I have to say. But I think they are a joy to the eyes!

That's funny, I've always thought they were dull. The Italians do supercar styling so much better.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The worst thing Porsche ever did was that monstrosity 4 door thingy with the 911 front end. What a terrible looking car. The big SUV is dull, as well, although the smaller one is quite good looking.

I always liked a Lambo as a kid, but they don't do it for me any more. I prefer the Audi R8 or one of the AMGs these days.

Last edited:
The worst thing Porsche ever did was that monstrosity 4 door thingy with the 911 front end. What a terrible looking car. The big SUV is dull, as well, although the smaller one is quite good looking.

I always like a Lambo as a kid, but they don't do it for me any more. I prefer the Audi R8 or one of the AMGs these days.
Yes, one of the AMGs would be wonderful.
Would have to be an estate though because of the puppy.

Ashamed to say it, but I do like my right foot.
I am an avid respector of thirty and forty speed limits, but it gets the better of me on an open road.

we are still in the process of changing the registration. nearly 3 months now so tax and mot, ins as all run out, hopefully it will come through soon, before we get nabbed , its a peugeot 308 1.6 eco diesel estate,,what a car ,seanie

A mate of mine had a 911 turbo. Unbelievable performance but the interior started to fall to bits. He started to see it as a black hole money wise. He tried to sell it but the offers he got were nowhere near what he wanted. Then to his rescue came a guy who rammed into him writing the 911 off. The insurance payment he got was far in excess of what he had been offered for the car. He said that he would never buy a Porsche again.

I test drove a BMW 530e today (gotta spend that Putin money on something). It's around £50k and Android Auto is an optional subscription. It comes as standard on £10k cars here. The sales guy told me that cars ordered now probably wouldn't come with 360 cameras because of a parts shortage. They really are a bunch of chancers.

I test drove a BMW 530e today (gotta spend that Putin money on something). It's around £50k and Android Auto is an optional subscription. It comes as standard on £10k cars here. The sales guy told me that cars ordered now probably wouldn't come with 360 cameras because of a parts shortage. They really are a bunch of chancers.

The majority of new cars are missing features atm due to the chip shortage however the dealers are still selling them at the same price as if they had those missing features.

I see Westfield has gone tits up and is in administration. I always fancied building one but have never had anywhere to do it or to be honest the money to do it.

I see Westfield has gone tits up and is in administration. I always fancied building one but have never had anywhere to do it or to be honest the money to do it.

I'm sure somebody will buy the business but they are very expensive for a kit car.

I'm sure somebody will buy the business but they are very expensive for a kit car.

Hold the value quite well though but I wouldn't trust anyone else's build. I've spent my whole life on prototype builds, and worked with some really skilled blokes, and there are some that I wouldn't trust!

My dad had a couple of Westfields in the late 90’s, early 2000’s it must have been. Not sure on the models tbh but bought not built by him, red and then a blue one . Good fun. Decided to get rid when he took the second to a track day and binned it. :lol:.

Not entirely sure 1- my mum knew he was there and 2- his insurance allowed him to go on track . And that was the end of that little phase.

I test drove a Volvo S90 Recharge yesterday. Man, that is one hell of a nice car. It's also one hell of a price tag.

I've test driven the 530e and ES250 but the Volvo is much better.