The Car Thread | Page 24 | Vital Football

The Car Thread

I think the cars and batteries we will see in 8 years time will be so far ahead of where we currently are, they will render current models worthless .
A bit like mobile phones of which we all seem to have several old ones knocking about the house but they are worthless.

I also think we might see us go down the VHS v Betamax thing where the worst option won due to bigger manufacturers pushing their product

I think the cars and batteries we will see in 8 years time will be so far ahead of where we currently are, they will render current models worthless .
A bit like mobile phones of which we all seem to have several old ones knocking about the house but they are worthless.

I also think we might see us go down the VHS v Betamax thing where the worst option won due to bigger manufacturers pushing their product
https://www.theguardian.com › jan
Electric car batteries with five-minute charging times produced

19 Jan 2021 — Batteries capable of fully charging in five minutes.
Together with some of the fast 0_60 times and increased distance on a charge I could be tempted, if, big if, I could afford one.

https://www.theguardian.com › jan
Electric car batteries with five-minute charging times produced

19 Jan 2021 — Batteries capable of fully charging in five minutes.
Together with some of the fast 0_60 times and increased distance on a charge I could be tempted, if, big if, I could afford one.

They fly mate, that will have to start being limited I think 0-60 in 3 secs is lethal .

My money is on Toyota coming up with something as they have been doing Battery stuff for over 20 years in production cars, the rest are playing catch up

They fly mate, that will have to start being limited I think 0-60 in 3 secs is lethal .

My money is on Toyota coming up with something as they have been doing Battery stuff for over 20 years in production cars, the rest are playing catch up
Ashamed to say it, but I do like my right foot.
I am an avid respector of thirty and forty speed limits, but it gets the better of me on an open road.

Ashamed to say it, but I do like my right foot.
I am an avid respector of thirty and forty speed limits, but it gets the better of me on an open road.

Nothing wrong with that mate better than being a 45mph everywhere man. Idrie the little Toyota really fast even though it's very slow off the mark but will do a ton downhill with a sail up. Only bigger cars with a death wish pass me. It does 50mpg even driven like that. I was going to get another car myself but I love this little beast.
A Westfield is my current fetish but I need the right one and need to know I will fit in it

Basically, despite being less than 8 years away the infrastructure still isn't there is it. No more than it was 120 years ago when Henry Ford went internal combustion because the electric infrastructure wasn't there for a slightly different reason but it still can't cope now.
Another Boris balls up on it's way
Be very interesting to see how popular electric cars are once a whole new raft of electric taxes kick in to offset the loss of £6 Billion pounds worth of diesel and petrol taxes, especially if they can't get the energy crisis sorted out.

Be very interesting to see how popular electric cars are once a whole new raft of electric taxes kick in to offset the loss of £6 Billion pounds worth of diesel and petrol taxes, especially if they can't get the energy crisis sorted out.

Yes mate but they'll make Petrol and Diesel £20 a litre to make you pay the electric taxes.

A Tesla vehicle equipped with a next-generation battery was able to travel more than 1,200km (750 miles) on a single charge.

The first road test of the Gemini battery, developed by Detroit-based startup Our Next Energy (ONE), achieved nearly double the typical range that a standard Tesla Model S is able to achieve, and more than the highest range of any mass-produced gasoline-powered vehicles.

https://independent.co.uk/2022/01/17/tesla-travels-1200km-on-a-single-charge-with-breakthrough-battery-3/content.html

I went to Porsche to see the Taycan today. It's hilarious. The car is over £80k for the base model but if you want decent wheels, those are £3k. Memory seats are £4k. Any colour apart from black or white is £2.5k, green is £5k.

£80k+ for a car that doesn't have any decent features.

I've always though Porsche was a bit too driving-glovey for me. Now, I'm sure it is.

After driving my truck and SUVs for the past few years, I found it surprisingly difficult to get in or out of the car.

Let's see what the BMW iX is like when it launches here next month.

I never understood why people buy Porsches. The interior isn't a nice place to be at all. My friend drove us from Brighton to Old Trafford in his 911, and it wasn't comfortable.

A Merc or even an Audi is much better.

I had the 911 4S, bought a new one about 12 years ago. Great engine , handling and performance but totally impractical. They are a good 2nd car if you have the spare cash.