The Cameron Archer Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Cameron Archer Thread

Yeah. The injuries. Doesn’t give him a free pass. What if he goes on like he has for 4 years for the next 3 years. How much use is that. And the injury thing is an excuse to an extent. He hasn’t played a full game? . He has had plenty of opportunity when not injured to make a case. He hasn’t convinced the manager or coaches that he is worthy of anything more than bit part sub appearances and only started when there was literally no one else during the latter end of 2020 season.

Hate?. Nah. Don’t hate him. Not seen hate from others. Happens a lot on here. You criticise someone constructively , albeit tongue in cheek occasionally, it’s hate. Nope.

Archer has jumped ahead in the pecking order in the space of a few games and deservedly so. Archer is progressing, Davis is at best stagnant and probably regressing given the quality now in around him.

Sorry but with this one I think people like you have dug themselves a hole with rating Davis and cannot accept that it’s just not going to happen with him.

Time to get rid and develop those like Archer who are still young enough.
Archer is ahead because Davis is injured and too old for the under 21 games.
Davis is ahead of our 22m striker Wesley a blind man on a galloping horse could see that Wesley was crap but still he to a free pass because naughty old Ben Mee did him knee.
Archer is doing really well and looks a finisher but to be honest with Deans obsession with golden balls Ollie it won't make a jot of difference what he does, he won't get a look in

Archer is ahead because Davis is injured and too old for the under 21 games.
Davis is ahead of our 22m striker Wesley a blind man on a galloping horse could see that Wesley was crap but still he to a free pass because naughty old Ben Mee did him knee.
Archer is doing really well and looks a finisher but to be honest with Deans obsession with golden balls Ollie it won't make a jot of difference what he does, he won't get a look in

Archer is ahead because he can score hat-tricks and Davis can't score. A lot of players have to move if they want a chance of progressing. Davis is one of those; maybe with a move and a different regime he can stop the injuries and show something, but he has no future at Villa. Archer has shown enough to indicate he likely does have a place at Villa.

I like Keinan Davis but at some point you’ve just got to move on to the next prospect which comes along which looks like it’s now Archer. Davis’ problem is his injury record which has prevented him from ever getting a consistent run of matches and getting match sharpness. He’s shown in his cameos he is a handful for defenders, but if he can only do it 4 or 5 times a season because of injuries eventually we have to cut our losses.

I hope Archer gets a chance, as some have said 2 or 3 minutes off the bench is helping no one. 10-15 minutes we would see more from him. If we can’t get him that then I’d like to see him loaned out for regular game time, although I’m not sure what league he’d find himself in as we’ve seen with Barry it’s easy to end up in no man’s land on the bench at a lower league club with no incentive to help them develop

Archer is ahead because he can score hat-tricks and Davis can't score. A lot of players have to move if they want a chance of progressing. Davis is one of those; maybe with a move and a different regime he can stop the injuries and show something, but he has no future at Villa. Archer has shown enough to indicate he likely does have a place at Villa.
One can hit a cows arse with a banjo the other can't, it's pretty simple.

Not in the PL he hasn't and as I've said he won't be ousting Golden Balls or Ings anytime soon

Just hope none of your kids suffers injuries as he has.
Thank you, me too.
Not sure why we are hating one of our own, Jacob Ramsey is another one taking stick for no apparent reason. Chucky plays one game one fucking game and he's being ridiculed as not good enough.
I am not hating "one of our own", just confirming how many appearances he's made. And neither do I hate JR or Chucky, for the avoidance of doubt.

Just re-watched his hat-trick and considering how Watkins has under-performed so far this season I think he should be starting against wolves. Or at the very least bring him on after 60 mins if Watkins hasn't found the net.
Agree, the kid is on fire and needs more involvement, certainly more than 2 mins plus added time

Thank you, me too.

I am not hating "one of our own", just confirming how many appearances he's made. And neither do I hate JR or Chucky, for the avoidance of doubt.
How about he's started 6 games in the last 4 seasons, rather than 72 appearances, doesn't quite fit the agenda though, both are facts

How about he's started 6 games in the last 4 seasons, rather than 72 appearances, doesn't quite fit the agenda though, both are facts
You are quite right, he has started very few games and has been extremely unlucky with injuries. I don't have an agenda, by the way.

That won't work with his hate agenda
I don't have a "hate agenda" (whatever that is). Not too sure where you came up with that.

Anyway, this being the Cameron Archer thread, I'll just say I like the look of the lad and hope he can steer clear of injury and make a big impact at the club. From what I have seen so far, he's got every chance.

Got to put a few million on his price tag if he's Brazilian, didn't realise that, funny old world 🤷‍♂️