The Cameron Archer Thread | Page 49 | Vital Football

The Cameron Archer Thread

Yeah one has 32 appearances and 9 goals in Serie A. 7 goals in 10 games for his country . A 70 odd million pound move to Manure. Played in the europa and champons league. All of this by the time he is 21.

The other is now not a regular starter for one of the worst sides in Premier league history. Having moved there for 15 million .

Apart from that I too can’t see much difference either.

amazing innit - 70 mill for a lad that's scored one more than Archer this season despite playing for the biggest and one of the best teams in the league.

#bringhimhome

amazing innit - 70 mill for a lad that's scored one more than Archer this season despite playing for the biggest and one of the best teams in the league.

#bringhimhome
Just about to say that. I do feel he has never been given a run in the side and is a natural finisher. Good option off the bench.

Just about to say that. I do feel he has never been given a run in the side and is a natural finisher. Good option off the bench.
But that’s contradictory what you said. Never been given a run but a good option off the bench ?.

He wasn’t good enough to start ahead of Watkins and still isn’t . He isn’t going to get a run in the side with us .

What is it we would achieve by keeping him when he wanted regular first team anyway.

Last edited:
But that’s contradictory what you said. Never been given a run but a good option off the bench ?.

He wasn’t good enough to start ahead of Watkins and still isn’t . He isn’t going to get a run in the side with us .

What is it we would achieve by keeping him when he wanted regular first team anyway.
Initially something different off the bench, we don’t have much else at present other than a petulant wannabe, when he’s fit.

He'd be a good option off the bench , i'm not sure where this narrative he wanted to leave came from, suspect it was more us navigating FFP whilst keeping an option on the player which we have done quite nicely (if they go down).

It works both ways, even if Watkins got injured I had the feeling Emery would have reshuffled the formation rather than give Archer a run of games. This coupled with the fact of a bumper payday and the FFP incentive for the club. What is no doubt, he is natural finisher - given the same number of starts this season would he have outscored Hjøllund.

Initially something different off the bench, we don’t have much else at present other than a petulant wannabe, when he’s fit.

Something different?. Bit of a cliche without any context or evidence as to why. Next he’ll be young and hungry.

Based on what . His extensive appearances for us ?. Or have you seen alot of his Preston , Boro and Sheffield United appearances?.

Apparently Zaniolo offered something different :lol:. That’s going well init .

Last edited:
We also don't know if Archer instigated the move for more first team opportunities. All we know is there's a buy back clause, that suggests we have an interest in him still.

What will be, will be and we are all guessing the situation, reading tealeaves. I for one applaud him, taking the risk of playing for a promoted team, knowing the season would be a struggle, trying to further his career, rather than sitting on our bench. Wish nothing but success for him in the future with or without us.

I just don’t know where the narrative that he wanted to leave came from.

Oh yeah . BBC sport at the time .

"Everyone is happy if they are playing football regularly," he said. "That's something I want to do now."

"I think it was important to come here and look for Premier League football," Archer added. "That was key for me because I want to make that next step now and challenge myself

"Sheffield United have a long history of developing players in terms of playing and hopefully making better people as well."

"There was a great opportunity for us to sign a young, exciting forward and one who showed a desire to join us," said Blades boss Paul Heckingbottom.

I just don’t know where the narrative that he wanted to leave came from.

Oh yeah . BBC sport at the time .

"Everyone is happy if they are playing football regularly," he said. "That's something I want to do now."

"I think it was important to come here and look for Premier League football," Archer added. "That was key for me because I want to make that next step now and challenge myself

"Sheffield United have a long history of developing players in terms of playing and hopefully making better people as well."

"There was a great opportunity for us to sign a young, exciting forward and one who showed a desire to join us," said Blades boss Paul Heckingbottom.
Bound to say that in a presser once at the new club. He wasn't likely to say he'd been pushed out of his old club for not being currently good enough 😆

Bound to say that in a presser once at the new club. He wasn't likely to say he'd been pushed out of his old club for not being currently good enough 😆
Well I can’t control what he says and say if it’s shite or not and he is full of the aforementioned shite .

Just the same as I can’t do that with some on here .😆

It works both ways, even if Watkins got injured I had the feeling Emery would have reshuffled the formation rather than give Archer a run of games. This coupled with the fact of a bumper payday and the FFP incentive for the club. What is no doubt, he is natural finisher - given the same number of starts this season would he have outscored Hjøllund.
that's why he fetched £25M , the potential is huge. Fortunately we have the buy back clause when they inevitably go down.
Exactly lol. duh...