The Business/Finance/Economics Thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

The Business/Finance/Economics Thread

One of the TA guys I follow reckons Bitcoin is going back to $14-16k. If you bought in at $60k, ouch!

I think its as likely to hit 20 as it is to hit 50 - who knows, its use case is much more limited compared to $ETH or a true purpose-built digital currency. From what I see and hear ETH will eventually overtake it in market cap. $BTC just seems to be consensus and its the most widely known.

I've about 5% of my entire investment holdings in crypto (most of that is $ETH). The only thing I dont own which I'd like to have is $250-500 worth of Solana.

I just had a look to see if Nikola was still in business. It still has a market cap of $7bn! How mad is that?

It looks like BABA shares have bottomed out. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on them.

I sort of have two conflicting ideas in my head.

1) during the pandemic everything that could be done online was done online. Online stuff will continue to do well but it's not going to see the same growth.

2) online stuff is the future

I don't know if any of you guys are still investing or if you have access to the Malaysian markets but if you tick both boxes, have a look at the Malaysian markets today. Everything is down on the current political instability (the current PM has lost his majority in parliament and is hiding behind emergency covid legislation).

A few top tips are Maybank, Genting and TNB.

One of the TA guys I follow reckons Bitcoin is going back to $14-16k. If you bought in at $60k, ouch!

I had bids at 15k as well but then a friend of mine who racked up his credit card at 64k told me last month at 30k that he sold to buy back at 20k and that told me all I needed to know that the generation bottom was in and its up only from here.

Having stupid friends as counter indicators is better than any TA

I will always advise people stay away from day trading such a volatile asset, rather treat bitcoin as a longer term investment, or at the least take it as a longer term swing trade. Realise the underlying fundamental value with a low time preference return and ignore the short term noise on the chart.

For that, I use a couple of indicators, and my favourite is the unnormalized implicit momentum indicator.
Very well put together and very easy to read, it just gives bull and bear signals with high timeframe triggers.
This wont always necessarily get the best entry, but will get you the most confirmation

On the daily (1D) it has just triggered bull (buy) for the first time since November 2020.

November 5th 2020 the price was 14k.
4 months later the price hit 60k.
4x in 4 months

Price had already run up from 10k before the indicator triggered at 14k, but like I say, this does give you more confirmation rather than the best price. This looks quite similar to now in some ways, we have already had a run up from 30k to 45k before this is triggering but this looks super bullish on many other indicators and other time frames. For example, price has today closed above the 200d MA, which is another sign of being in a bull market.

4x from here takes price to ~200k
in 4 months? that would be impossible......wouldnt it?

OOF.png

I don't know if any of you guys are still investing or if you have access to the Malaysian markets but if you tick both boxes, have a look at the Malaysian markets today. Everything is down on the current political instability (the current PM has lost his majority in parliament and is hiding behind emergency covid legislation).

A few top tips are Maybank, Genting and TNB.

I don't know if anyone followed me into these trades. They are all up 7-9% in the last 3 weeks since my post. I expect TNB will announce their dividend tomorrow. The price will drop accordingly once it goes ex.

He's a question for the Vital Villa investment community; I've been buying Genting for the past year or so. It seems to be on a run now and with vaccination rates going up and some new projects coming on line, the future looks good. Should I be looking to cash out in drips and drabs as the price goes up or just hold and try to ride it all the way up?

He's a question for the Vital Villa investment community; I've been buying Genting for the past year or so. It seems to be on a run now and with vaccination rates going up and some new projects coming on line, the future looks good. Should I be looking to cash out in drips and drabs as the price goes up or just hold and try to ride it all the way up?

I always feel like if I start to question a position I usually just sell it and try not to think about it again. This did backfire on me recently though, sold $UPST at $125, its $220 now.

What I was doing last year was selling enough shares to capture either the profit or my initial outlay and then letting the rest ride.

I read these items from you investment savvy types with awe. That post from Rosetta Stoned made me realise why I leave my investments to a financial advisor I've used for years. This stuff interests me but I'd get into loads of trouble if I started dabbling by myself.

Whatever it is, I won't be putting any money in Chinese stocks.

George Soros doesn't fancy it either: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/ecf7de34-e595-4814-9cbd-4a5119187330

Risk/Return doesnt seem there at all, whats the upside when they can flip an industry into a public domain overnight or dismantle you completely if you start to get power or corner a market or enter into too many markets?

Must admit I do need a bit more foreign exposure but too many seem like darlings of twitter e.g. $SE. Everyone loves them. or Coupang which is South Korean, I sort of feel like Amazon is the horse to pack in any market. I kind of agree with the logic of "why not just own Amazon, why own the amazon of Korea or Singapore etc.".

Risk/Return doesnt seem there at all, whats the upside when they can flip an industry into a public domain overnight or dismantle you completely if you start to get power or corner a market or enter into too many markets?

Must admit I do need a bit more foreign exposure but too many seem like darlings of twitter e.g. $SE. Everyone loves them. or Coupang which is South Korean, I sort of feel like Amazon is the horse to pack in any market. I kind of agree with the logic of "why not just own Amazon, why own the amazon of Korea or Singapore etc.".

I hate $SE's chart. I'm sure I'd love it if I bought in 2 years ago but all the growth is priced in now.

I've been keeping an eye on BABA for a while. I almost pulled the trigger at around $150. I'm glad I didn't now.