The Business/Finance/Economics Thread | Page 24 | Vital Football

The Business/Finance/Economics Thread

@BodyButter I actually slept on it last night and sold out of all my positions this morning.

Thats the big thing I havent learned yet is having a plan and executing it. I will still buy a few things without doing proper DD.

I got my first dividend from EPD today. The withholding tax takes the juicy 8.5% down to a less spectacular 5.9%. Still, much better than any bank account.

The owner of Cazoo our shirt sponsor launched only 12 months ago by some Tech Entrepreneur has since raised £450 million and is planning a stock market listing. They are looking at the LSE but may Launch in New York. The listing is expected to raise more than £5 billion. Just had a look to see where I read about it and it was in the Telegraph yesterday. The founder is expected to make £1.6 billion from it. A good read if you are interested.

Last edited:
The owner of Cazoo our shirt sponsor launched only 12 months ago by some Tech Entrepreneur has since raised £450 million and is planning a stock market listing. They are looking at the LSE but may Launch in New York. The listing is expected to raise more than £5 billion. Just had a look to see where I read about it and it was in the Telegraph yesterday. The founder is expected to make £1.6 billion from it. A good read if you are interested.

A £5bn valuation on revenue of £160m, how very 2021.

Used car sales will do very well over the next few years but does seem a ridiculous price. I guess they’re playing the “tech” card?

It is an interesting idea, the days of driving around dodgy or even medium sized dealers haggling away might be a thing if the past. If they can build trust and sort out any problems quickly with a reliable warranty, it could become a good way to sell cars as they are generally reliable these days.

It’s an interesting business, the only reason I wouldn’t buy shares in them - Rover, LDV, AST computers...

I paired back on some stocks that were up a lot recently to pick up some extra shares of one that's down a lot today. Either I've done something smart in loading up on a stock that I expect to rebound strongly on earnings next month or I've traded some winners for a loser.

Tech stocks taking a beating today on rising bond yields. Danger here.

The good news is that consumer demand is strong many factories are struggling to keep up with demand.

A bit of that is on his past history, Zoopla, to be fair, but still crazy.

If you look at it from a market perspective, the second hand car market is worth £40bn. If they get to 5% market share, thats $2bn revenue. I think it’ll be the brand which invests the most in marketing along with making sure they don’t screw customers over along the way.

Cinch has noticeably better reviews that Cazoo though

Last edited:
If you're trading and looking for short term gains get those recovery stocks.!

$WYNN and $DIS are monsters, I bought both for me long term account.

Stay at home? Disney+
Vacation? Disney Land

Wynn has exposure to China and strong management, pretty much industry leader in Gambling.

Hotels, Leisure, Gambling? WYNN is probably a strong winner.

If you're trading and looking for short term gains get those recovery stocks.!

$WYNN and $DIS are monsters, I bought both for me long term account.

Stay at home? Disney+
Vacation? Disney Land

Wynn has exposure to China and strong management, pretty much industry leader in Gambling.

Hotels, Leisure, Gambling? WYNN is probably a strong winner.

I had decided to stop buying US stocks because of the fees and currency risk. Then I bought some LESL after the Dumb Money episode.

I am in Genting in a big way for the same reason. I have two different kinds of Genting stock. Traditionally, they have been a great dividend stock but the pandemic put a stop to that. I'm planning on holding Genting for quite a while for those dividends.

Thats fair, I don't have to pay any fee's and I almost exclusively buy US companies except for the odd thing like Shopify or Spotify. I did have SEA but the valuation scares me. I have a lot to learn about ratios though. Still very green to it all. I am sticking story stocks and things I use at the moment e.g. Nike, Google and so on. I own a lot of obvious stuff at the minute while its cheap. I treat Google and Amazon like an index/bonds/cash position. I doubt they'll be much volatility or big moves in those things. Just nice and steady growth.

@BodyButter I've been selling $RKT today - it exploded. Sold 30% at $40 and looking to sell the rest at $50.

I made a massive error this morning, I should have put in buy orders on $50 contracts for $RKT and set an order limit for the open. They closed at $0.28 per contract yesterday it opened at $0.39 and they are now valued at $7.00. So yeah huge mistake.

@BodyButter I've been selling $RKT today - it exploded. Sold 30% at $40 and looking to sell the rest at $50.

I made a massive error this morning, I should have put in buy orders on $50 contracts for $RKT and set an order limit for the open. They closed at $0.28 per contract yesterday it opened at $0.39 and they are now valued at $7.00. So yeah huge mistake.

Is that all on the DM episode?

Earnings didn't move it.

Is that all on the DM episode?

Earnings didn't move it.

Yeah they did an episode on it. It peaked around $43 yesterday and its dropped back toward $32 which I think will just be a breather. I sold about 40% overall at $40 still have a chunk which I am holding on to until $50.

Tesla shares are currently at $560, down from $870 a month ago. Bitcoin is down to $47,000 from $57,000.

When do Biden's stimulus cheques start going out?

I bought a couple of oil stocks when oil was around $40. Since then, the price has risen to $70 and the two stocks I bought are up 15% and 8% respectively. I'm pissed off that I didn't just buy an etf.