The Budget | Vital Football

The Budget

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Very much doubt there will be anything major or any shocks. Not after last years mess.

No doubt they will do a few things for business that will attempt to help investment.

Can't see much else happening.

Ok so first moan of the day.

1p off a pint of beer.

WHAT IS THE FCUKING POINT IN THAT?!?!?

Individually even most most raging alcoholic will do well to save 50p per week! Ooh big deal.

Yet for the goverenment they have just given up £100,000,000 in taxes, that could have been used to reduce the deficit or boost spending where it's needed.

Seriously what a fcuking brain dead decision.

Purely for the headlines this one. So they can say "look we care about the common man, have a cheaper pint"

Stupid fcukers.

Just stupid tokenism isn't it? Can't make any difference to us or the industry, so why bother? They just open themselves up to ridicule.

Think I'll gain slightly business wise and business does need boosting to get this economy working but personally, I would like to have seen him have the balls to remove stamp duty for a while to get the property market moving. then again, they'd need the balls to nationalise the banks we already own and make them lend first.

I remember when income tax was a tanner in the pound. It worked though, we beat Boney.

DeanoVilla - 20/3/2013 14:36

Ok so first moan of the day.

1p off a pint of beer.

WHAT IS THE FCUKING POINT IN THAT?!?!?

Individually even most most raging alcoholic will do well to save 50p per week! Ooh big deal.

Yet for the goverenment they have just given up £100,000,000 in taxes, that could have been used to reduce the deficit or boost spending where it's needed.

Seriously what a fcuking brain dead decision.

Purely for the headlines this one. So they can say "look we care about the common man, have a cheaper pint"

Stupid fcukers.

Surely it's more to do with the fact that beer won't be going up AGAIN for the next 12 months?

didnt do a lot for me as no mention of help for business start ups ...

some of the things in tax relief absolutely amazes me, train travel, as well as the child care malarkey

merlin - 20/3/2013 18:03

fudged around the nations problems hasn't he

very true! as would never of done the things said today, then again i would put fags upto ten quid a packet, put a pound on a pint and brought petrol duty down by a bit.

most of it has been smoke and mirrors with quite a few things not coming into effect till 2015, any one would think theres an election in that year :69:

Seemed like a head in the sand budget.

If we just do x y z, yes we will be criticized but that's it for another year.

Not seen anything about fudge reductions at all, will have to look, a finger of fudge always was just enough to... I'll stop now.

This was never going to be a real budget to be honest think some of the tory insiders said if they were allowed, they'd have just not done one!

http://money.aol.co.uk/2013/03/21/budget-brings-tax-hike-for-800-000-people/?ncid=webmail14

Tax cut
The personal tax allowance will go up to £10,000 in 2014 - a year earlier than the government had promised. It means that since the Coalition came to power the allowance will have risen over £3,500. It's a huge boon for millions of hard-pressed families, and will save a typical family £700 a year in tax.