The British public | Page 2 | Vital Football

The British public

30+ years of poor education of kids is partly to blame
No respect for others , and now we face the consequences.

30+ years of poor education of kids is partly to blame
No respect for others , and now we face the consequences.

30+ years, yep, that'd take us back to Thatcher's Britain. No such thing as society. The witch has a lot to answer for.

I think we have a society that is fairly selfish. Do what I want, when I want attitude.

There is however some simple solutions to prevent some of the issues

(1) Open the public toilets - people have decided that they will go the coast. Open the facilities - that will stop people pissing and shitting elsewhere (hopefully).

(2) Empty the bins more frequently. I had a run through Rochester castle gardens last week. Empty bottles etc. all piled up next to the overflowing bins. I agree people could take them home but if the bins are full its no surprise people are piling stuff next to them. With everything shut people will got to the open parks and beaches.

Everyone where I run the bins are overflowing - all the pubs are shut everyone without nice big gardens is drinking outside in parks. Its not rocket science to empty the bins more often.

I still think it started going wrong as far back as the 50's and 60's, it was a brilliant period to live through, but it's when family life started to break down, industry began losing it's way, people started too expect something for nothing.

Bit like the wife she complains when I buy any booze but she buys far more than I do most will just sit there in the cupboard. While if I buy something it gets drunk .I never drink on a work night but of course at the end of a long week yes I enjoy a glass of something.
A foot note to that is now I am faced with drinking some of the stuff she has bought over the years in order to reduce the amount we need to pack up.

I think we have a society that is fairly selfish. Do what I want, when I want attitude.
There is however some simple solutions to prevent some of the issues

(1) Open the public toilets - people have decided that they will go the coast. Open the facilities - that will stop people pissing and shitting elsewhere (hopefully)..

From the date when lockdown was eased to the extent that we were allowed to go out in small family groups providing we socially distance, public toilets should have been opened. Why weren't they?

Shirley providing the cubicles are regularly cleaned and sanitised, the walls would act like the perspex now being used at shop counters. Additionally, alcoholic hand sanitiser could be provided on the hand basins, possibly even killing some Covid germs picked up elsewhere.

Instead, the most unsanitary conditions have been encouraged.

those photos from Bournemouth were from the air festival a few years ago. People who went said it was nothing like that yesterday. still doesn't excuse the rubbish of course.

I still think it started going wrong as far back as the 50's and 60's, it was a brilliant period to live through, but it's when family life started to break down, industry began losing it's way, people started too expect something for nothing.

And someone decided that Britain was to become a social experiment , a multicultural paradise. With different cultures , came different values. The indigenous population wasn't asked if they want it , or even consulted. From the seeds sewn back then , we are now beginning to reap the harvest.

Yeah, needs a good slap, being happy, smiling and all that. What a pr*k

Actually, he has admitted that he has overdone the rubbing the opposition's nose in it in the past, even going back to his Dortmund days.

Fair enough, I suppose, but his team's strength is counter attacking and on the rare occasion that a team has the nous to just sit in and negate that strength, this is his response:
https://talksport.com/football/6815...co-madrid-liverpool-champions-league-anfield/

How dare they not roll over and make it easy for him?

Last edited:
At the end of the day, it wasn't City, who I still hate for '99 and it wasn't United who I just hate.
None of his behaviour can be anywhere near as cringeworthy as Stimson's after match interview at Wembley, what a cock.
Best team won it by far. I'm chuffed.

At the end of the day, it wasn't City, who I still hate for '99 and it wasn't United who I just hate.
None of his behaviour can be anywhere near as cringeworthy as Stimson's after match interview at Wembley, what a cock.
Best team won it by far. I'm chuffed.

Now that is true, very true.:thumbup:

And someone decided that Britain was to become a social experiment , a multicultural paradise. With different cultures , came different values. The indigenous population wasn't asked if they want it , or even consulted. From the seeds sewn back then , we are now beginning to reap the harvest.

No, you ignorant fool, nobody, "decided that Britain was to become a social experiment , a multicultural paradise."

What actually happened is that after the end of WW2 Britain owed the US shitloads of money and the empire was crumbling, lots of colonies were wanting independence.

In a desperate effort to retain Empire and status the British government passed the British Nationality Act in 1948. This meant that suddenly anybody anywhere in the British Empire could be a British citizen. This wasn't done as a social experiment but as an attempt to hold onto Empire.

In addition to this the country needed rebuilding and members of the colonies were actively encouraged to move here to the "Mother Land" so that they might improve their lives and those of their families. In reality they came to a cold, grey country where lots of people made them feel very unwelcome.

Only a know-nothing racist could dismiss this as a "social experiment".

To be fair Buddha I wasn't meaning to have a go at '58 it's just that I'm genuinely puzzled. Gills fans on facebook/twitter sneering at Liverpool's championship and using it to pour scorn on the city and its people.
It's partly tongue in cheek but partly meant. They seem to have a high proportion of whingers on Talkshit phoning in. Several claiming that they aren't part of England. "You lost to Croatia" in the World Cup is an example of one. I can't recall that from any other area, not even from other swanky top five Prem club supporters (or Evertonians)

Never heard it from a Leeds fans and tbh they could justify a moan. My only grouse with some Yorkies is they think they invented cricket.:throw:

Ps - I like Klopp

From what I see of people I think we have a bit of issue with parenting in this country. At Tesco I regularly see parents regularly interact with their kids in an awful manner, if they're interacting at all. Not to mention the parents behaviour is often shocking. Those kids essentially have no chance with their formative years in that environment.

I don't really know how to help many of those families though. You can try and give them money/help to improve quality of life for the kids but I don't know how effective it is. A lot of our customers use the school food vouchers that have been in the newa so much. Quite a few are clearly not using them for their intended purpose. Had a debate today with a mum who had a £60 voucher and wanted to buy £20 of food (only sweets and fizzy drinks) and £40 of booze. Thankfully the vouchers don't work if they try and buy alcohol. She couldn't comprehend this at all. Even saying "these are school meal vouchers to help you feed your children, you are trying to buy spirits which they are not meant for" didn't work - her response was "but I want to spend it on the bottles".

Even worse was the other day a woman, who had their kids there, was gonna by £10 of food with the voucher and £10 of cigarettes with cash. No matter what we tried we could not get the voucher to work and were genuinely empathetic. She starting effing and blinding about how she couldn't feed her kids now. We apologised as much as we could and told her who she needs to contact for more help. Do you know what she did in the end? Told us to keep the food and bought the cigarettes with the cash instead 🤬

Tl;dr
Obviously the above are fairly extreme examples, and the majority are not like that, but how do you help those that don't want to be helped? It's all very well people blaming the government and its agencies but you can keep giving people more and more but it makes no difference if the parents don't prioritise their kids. These people will have no problem with leaving shit and rubbish behind on beaches. They won't care about others and that's if they even thought about them anyway.

From what I see of people I think we have a bit of issue with parenting in this country. At Tesco I regularly see parents regularly interact with their kids in an awful manner, if they're interacting at all. Not to mention the parents behaviour is often shocking. Those kids essentially have no chance with their formative years in that environment.

Yep, the last sentence is factually correct, which is why I get so exasperated when I hear middle class whites from suburbia talk about "white privilege". There are millions of these kids with no parental help, no qualifications and no future.

I don't think the cigarettes story is extreme. On every "poverty" programme on Channel 4 the protagonists will always have a ciggie in their hand. When I lived on the poorest estate in Maidstone about 10 years ago, I used to think i should open a shop called "scratches and smokes" because literally three quarters of the other customers in the Londis would buy either a packet of fags, or a scratch card (or both) when they did their shop. I was probably one of the higher earners, but would consider both as items I couldn't afford, as I had 3 kids to provide for

I don't really know how to help many of those families though. You can try and give them money/help to improve quality of life for the kids but I don't know how effective it is. A lot of our customers use the school food vouchers that have been in the newa so much. Quite a few are clearly not using them for their intended purpose. Had a debate today with a mum who had a £60 voucher and wanted to buy £20 of food (only sweets and fizzy drinks) and £40 of booze. Thankfully the vouchers don't work if they try and buy alcohol. She couldn't comprehend this at all. Even saying "these are school meal vouchers to help you feed your children, you are trying to buy spirits which they are not meant for" didn't work - her response was "but I want to spend it on the bottles".

Even worse was the other day a woman, who had their kids there, was gonna by £10 of food with the voucher and £10 of cigarettes with cash. No matter what we tried we could not get the voucher to work and were genuinely empathetic. She starting effing and blinding about how she couldn't feed her kids now. We apologised as much as we could and told her who she needs to contact for more help. Do you know what she did in the end? Told us to keep the food and bought the cigarettes with the cash instead 🤬

Tl;dr
Obviously the above are fairly extreme examples, and the majority are not like that, but how do you help those that don't want to be helped? It's all very well people blaming the government and its agencies but you can keep giving people more and more but it makes no difference if the parents don't prioritise their kids. These people will have no problem with leaving shit and rubbish behind on beaches. They won't care about others and that's if they even thought about them anyway.
Very sad :shake:.In our road there is one house that had see a succession of undesirable families. The last one always worse than the previous. Then finally a couple moved in about 2 years ago.Their kids are lovely it lifted the whole street. Just going past and having a child say good morning or similar would raise my day as I thought back to the animals that lived there before.

The words I heard so often when my son was growing up was.

"He should defend himself ".

Those four words will forever be in my head.
In the end we did have him go to kick boxing classes .But I never fortunately had to say that to a parent as my son would never hurt anyone and would certainly not go in the ring with anyone. But the fact that a peace loving lad has to build up muscles to stop anyone kicking the s#/+ out of him show what sort of society we live in .It isn't just the rough families that have used those words above.Sadly I had it from parents I had previously respected.

It's partly tongue in cheek but partly meant. They seem to have a high proportion of whingers on Talkshit phoning in. Several claiming that they aren't part of England. "You lost to Croatia" in the World Cup is an example of one. I can't recall that from any other area, not even from other swanky top five Prem club supporters (or Evertonians)

Never heard it from a Leeds fans and tbh they could justify a moan. My only grouse with some Yorkies is they think they invented cricket.:throw:

Ps - I like Klopp

Oh Leeds can moan, justifiably and just because they believe they are the most hard done by club in the world. It's not immediately attractive but has a peculiar charm after a while. I hear lots of people saying they only like their own club, hate all others and couldn't care less about England even enjoy them losiing. None of this is unique to Liverpool but they do have a clear idea of who they are and that makes many others envious.

Proper Yorkies genuinely believe they are best at absolutely everything, at least the men.

Yep, the last sentence is factually correct, which is why I get so exasperated when I hear middle class whites from suburbia talk about "white privilege". There are millions of these kids with no parental help, no qualifications and no future.

I don't think the cigarettes story is extreme. On every "poverty" programme on Channel 4 the protagonists will always have a ciggie in their hand. When I lived on the poorest estate in Maidstone about 10 years ago, I used to think i should open a shop called "scratches and smokes" because literally three quarters of the other customers in the Londis would buy either a packet of fags, or a scratch card (or both) when they did their shop. I was probably one of the higher earners, but would consider both as items I couldn't afford, as I had 3 kids to provide for

OK observational stuff. Smoking is mainly the preserve of the posh and the poor. It's an addiction often picked up young and is hard to kick. If you want to see real child neglect go to the families, who send their children away, never take much interest in them but demand success. I know of classic examples first hand and of one or two high profile cases second hand.