The British public | Vital Football

The British public

I didn't think they could stoop any lower than the abusive attitude over brexit and the rioting over the last few weeks., but, no, they surpass themselves at Bournemouth. 41 tonnes of rubbish left, including take away boxes full of poo, and social distancing? Pfft, what social distancing? FFS!!

Agree with you about the British public, what a bunch of *****!

As for the rubbish, that doesn't surprise me. The sheer scale of waste at Glastonbury and other commercial festivals is quite breathtakingly phenomenal. Brand new tents and quilts that have been bought for the weekend are just left discarded. And yeah, it's not uncommon to find a tent that's been used as a carsey, you learn quickly to look inside before picking it up to chuck in the back of the dustcart!

Do find lots of alcohol though! It's the only time of the year that I have enough bottles of spirits to have a 'drinks cabinet'. Last summer I found enough alcohol to last me right through autumn and into winter! Cannot understand why people would just discard (sometimes unopened) bottles of booze.

All very different from when we put on a festival or party. At the end of those there is no mess and no alcohol leftover! When we do a party we're clean and tidy, and we like to get proper pissed!

I've been reliably informed that the Strand rivalled Bournemouth's beach yesterday

Attachments

• 105903020_10164162222120294_1641529511266378029_n.jpg
    105903020_10164162222120294_1641529511266378029_n.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 29
If you arrived at a beach and it's packed why would you stay and risk your family? why do people have a sense of entitlement?

Because life in the UK is so so easy for the vast majority of people. They're used to getting what and doing what they want.

Very rarely do people people get told no so they'll ignore it or kick off if they do.

Lots of people also have a very limited awareness that their actions create a ripple affect that impacts others.

Most of the problems and 'tough' situations I hear people moan about are not actually very bad at all in the grand scheme of things.

It has not been great to see but we underestimate the amount of litter picking, cleaning and general maintenance that goes on in the background in normal times. Council staff and others frequently work through the night after events to give the impression that no mess was made.

I didn't think they could stoop any lower than the abusive attitude over brexit and the rioting over the last few weeks., but, no, they surpass themselves at Bournemouth. 41 tonnes of rubbish left, including take away boxes full of poo, and social distancing? Pfft, what social distancing? FFS!!
I feel you are blaming an entire nation, for the actions of a small minority

It has not been great to see but we underestimate the amount of litter picking, cleaning and general maintenance that goes on in the background in normal times. Council staff and others frequently work through the night after events to give the impression that no mess was made.
Youre probably right but in Southend, the council regularly "shame" on Facebook with photos etc. There is also a 6ft cubed perspex box near the beach where they put all the rubbish on a daily basis to show what they've had to clear up.
Great idea but only works if the people using the beach actually have a conscience

Youre probably right but in Southend, the council regularly "shame" on Facebook with photos etc. There is also a 6ft cubed perspex box near the beach where they put all the rubbish on a daily basis to show what they've had to clear up.
Great idea but only works if the people using the beach actually have a conscience

Excellent ideas and good for them, others should follow. We suffer from litter, often McDonalds & KFC stuff, lobbed from cars. It's regularly cleaned up, which is good, but no effort to stop it happening. I watch in disbelief as people stop to empty rubbish from their cars outside the homes of others. We don't seem to be getting to the people we need to, a bit like a lot of other problems.

Agree with you about the British public, what a bunch of *****!

As for the rubbish, that doesn't surprise me. The sheer scale of waste at Glastonbury and other commercial festivals is quite breathtakingly phenomenal. Brand new tents and quilts that have been bought for the weekend are just left discarded. And yeah, it's not uncommon to find a tent that's been used as a carsey, you learn quickly to look inside before picking it up to chuck in the back of the dustcart!

Do find lots of alcohol though! It's the only time of the year that I have enough bottles of spirits to have a 'drinks cabinet'. Last summer I found enough alcohol to last me right through autumn and into winter! Cannot understand why people would just discard (sometimes unopened) bottles of booze.

All very different from when we put on a festival or party. At the end of those there is no mess and no alcohol leftover! When we do a party we're clean and tidy, and we like to get proper pissed!
Bit like the wife she complains when I buy any booze but she buys far more than I do most will just sit there in the cupboard. While if I buy something it gets drunk .I never drink on a work night but of course at the end of a long week yes I enjoy a glass of something.

Media excusing the Scousers flouting lockdown as they love Liverpool. Slagging off people going to beaches though.

No doubt the Scousers will return to their whinging ways if/when they get a spike in infections.

Why do you have such a thing about scousers? I honestly haven't heard them getting a free ride, plenty of comment about the lack of social distancing. As far as I know they didn't crap in roads around Anfield, or stab one another.

Why do you have such a thing about scousers? I honestly haven't heard them getting a free ride, plenty of comment about the lack of social distancing. As far as I know they didn't crap in roads around Anfield, or stab one another.

Yeah, well said jo. I've also noticed that '58 seems to have a bit of a problem with scousers.

Now I have to be honest, I've met scousers who are complete wrong 'uns but this has always been outside of Liverpool. Whenever I've visited Liverpool I've found the locals to be rather charming and very friendly.

Yeah, well said jo. I've also noticed that '58 seems to have a bit of a problem with scousers.

Now I have to be honest, I've met scousers who are complete wrong 'uns but this has always been outside of Liverpool. Whenever I've visited Liverpool I've found the locals to be rather charming and very friendly.

To be fair Buddha I wasn't meaning to have a go at '58 it's just that I'm genuinely puzzled. Gills fans on facebook/twitter sneering at Liverpool's championship and using it to pour scorn on the city and its people.

To be fair Buddha I wasn't meaning to have a go at '58 it's just that I'm genuinely puzzled. Gills fans on facebook/twitter sneering at Liverpool's championship and using it to pour scorn on the city and its people.

They reap what they sow. Always an us against the world attitude but with a general rap sheet as long as your arm including Heysel, which got innocent UK clubs banned from Europe, and stoning the Man City coach, which definitely had an effect on the result of the following game.

Of course they have decent fans as well but nicking a song from the old musical Carousel to try to make themselves think they are better than other club's fans make them easy to despise.

As for their grinning ninny Manager, how no opposite manager has lamped him one when he goes on one of those St Vitus efforts after they have strangled a last minute win is a complete mystery.

The team fully deserved the title this season, though.

Last edited:

I'm not having a go either. And I know it's not just '58.

I'm pleased for the Scousers and feel sorry for them, having waited so long to finally win the title again, that they're not getting the proper opportunity to celebrate at Anfield with the team.

They reap what they sow. Always an us against the world attitude but with a general rap sheet as long as your arm including Heysel, which got innocent UK clubs banned from Europe, and stoning the Man City coach, which definitely had an effect on the result of the following game.

Of course they have decent fans as well but nicking a song from the old musical Carousel to try to make themselves think they are better than other club's fans make them easy to despise.

As for their grinning ninny Manager, how no opposite manager has lamped him one when he goes on one of those St Vitus efforts after they have strangled a last minute win is a complete mystery.
IIRC, Celtic were singing it before Liverpool. Due to certain experiences I have, I don't have much time for scousers. Been there 3 times too and they hqve always seemed miserable to me. However, they have been on the wrong end of some pretty horrendous stuff too, Hillsborough, for example.