The British public | Page 4 | Vital Football

The British public

STILL can't help yourself.

(Your fault for drawing my attention to this thread !)

I think you'll find, Tarian, that Margaret Thatcher said herself:

"I'm either the witch or Lady Macbeth of English politics, but someone gotta wear the pants in England when others wearing kilts."

Buddha
Your fault for inviting me to read this thread....

Only a know-nothing racist could dismiss this as a "social experiment".
There you go again.
Accusing someone of being "racist" for alluding to mass immigration

HOW IS THAT "RACIST" ????????????????????:mad:

What actually happened is that after the end of WW2 ......
..... anybody anywhere in the British Empire could be a British citizen.

This wasn't done as a social experiment but as an attempt to hold onto Empire.
Typical of your strawman arguments.

VG did not mention WW2, He did not mention the Windrush Generation.

It would be clear to most people (isn't that one of your belittling devices.....)
....that VG was referring to more recent, large scale migration - and the rise of "multi-culturalism" as distinct from perhaps "assimilation" that went before.

Most people associate the word "multi-cultural" as coming to prominence during the Blair years.

Until 2004, annual, net immigration was around 30,000 p.a. - a number that could managed - without raising house prices or pressuring public services.

I think you'll find, Tarian, that Margaret Thatcher said herself:

"I'm either the witch or Lady Macbeth of English politics, but someone gotta wear the pants in England when others wearing kilts."
Seriously.... can you imagine Mrs T saying "gotta wear the pants...." ???

None of the websites repeating this "quote" have a date or place of origin.
No doubt you'll provide the evidence .... as you always do :rolleyes:.

Maybe you didn't read the thread properly, Tarian. Read the post that valencia was replying to and it is quite clear that the conversation was about post war Britain.

FFS, you are an irritating so and so.

Wouldn't want you banned though....

Seriously.... can you imagine Mrs T saying "gotta wear the pants...." ???

None of the websites repeating this "quote" have a date or place of origin.
No doubt you'll provide the evidence .... as you always do :rolleyes:.

Maybe she didn't say that then, I'll concede that one.

However, I am certainly not the only person to have ever called her a witch. When she died there was a campaign to get the Wizard of Oz song, 'Ding Dong the witch is dead' to No. 1 in the charts. The campaign failed but only just. The song sold 52,605 copies and reached No.2.

Here's your proof:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22145306

Buddha
Your fault for inviting me to read this thread....

There you go again.
Accusing someone of being "racist" for alluding to mass immigration

HOW IS THAT "RACIST" ????????????????????:mad:

Typical of your strawman arguments.

It would be clear to most people (isn't that one of your belittling devices.....)
....that VG was referring to more recent, large scale migration - and the rise of "multi-culturalism" as distinct from perhaps "assimilation" that went before.

Most people associate the word "multi-cultural" as coming to prominence during the Blair years.

Until 2004, annual, net immigration was around 30,000 p.a. - a number that could managed - without raising house prices or pressuring public services.
Where is your evidence that "most people associate the "word"..."
What proof do you have about the impact of immigration on house prices post 2004?

Lol, mehmets. Hoisted by his own petard!
Don't fret as I am sure he'll come back with some statistics or facts from some obscure publication to prove his statements. I might disagree with the likes of VG/3x6/pledge, buy, fk me, at least they show some feeling/emotion

Don't fret as I am sure he'll come back with some statistics or facts from some obscure publication to prove his statements. I might disagree with the likes of VG/3x6/pledge, buy, fk me, at least they show some feeling/emotion

Quite right, their views are abhorrent but yes, they do demonstrate feeling/emotion.

Tarian, by contrast, is a Gradgrind. I think his brain might be quite different to most people. He's very analytical but he also seems to be devoid of any emotion.

He's very analytical but he also seems to be devoid of any emotion.

He uses plenty of emoticons (which you don't) , so how else can you judge how he feels ?

The emotions that we hear from you , seem aggressive , angry , resentful , hateful.
Whether it's dancing on Thatcher's grave type stuff or Fcuk da Police , ACAB etc*
Warmongering by people just serving their country.
Fcuk paying tax
Fcuk working too much , it's a mugs game etc.

*With the caveat 'I know your not like that Nobby' predictably added.

And someone decided that Britain was to become a social experiment , a multicultural paradise. With different cultures , came different values. The indigenous population wasn't asked if they want it , or even consulted. From the seeds sewn back then , we are now beginning to reap the harvest.

There are a few things maybe wrong with these statements that are fed from your bubble.

Nobody decided to have a social experiment.

Cheap and plentiful labour for your masters is the name of the game. Been going on since the beginning of time, the last time it happened in the uk was where we used irish immigrants to act as strike breakers and then manual labour on our canals, roads and railways in the nineteenth century.

Buddha filled in the true story about the post war influx of cheap labour required for the rebuild.

The latest influx is an extension of the thatcher and subsequent governments who in bed with your masters moved our manufacturing abroad for cheaper labour costs and thousands of it jobs off shore for the same reason.

Its all about labour fighting each other to keep the wages down and dividends high.

You can discount most eu labour as that was part of the eu deal. However the latest countries to join this immigration route are because of the uk. Blair said that the uk persuaded the eu to let in these last countries to stop them aligning wuth russia.

Some of the refugees coming here are because of our stupidity of interfering in the middle east but what of those that are not eu or refugees, they are a large group and the reason for accepting them is once again - simple, its cheap labour.

Back to the other propaganda that your gang have been sold.
Nobody was asked, fff, that is hilarious, since when was any nations people asked if they wanted to compete for resources. Your masters dont give a crap about anything but cheap labour and dividends.

How they laugh as the wage slaves fight each other for the resources whilst being blinded by the consumerism. As orwell observed you are told that although you are being kicked, at least you are not an immigrant lol.

From what I see of people I think we have a bit of issue with parenting in this country. At Tesco I regularly see parents regularly interact with their kids in an awful manner, if they're interacting at all. Not to mention the parents behaviour is often shocking. Those kids essentially have no chance with their formative years in that environment.

I don't really know how to help many of those families though. You can try and give them money/help to improve quality of life for the kids but I don't know how effective it is. A lot of our customers use the school food vouchers that have been in the newa so much. Quite a few are clearly not using them for their intended purpose. Had a debate today with a mum who had a £60 voucher and wanted to buy £20 of food (only sweets and fizzy drinks) and £40 of booze. Thankfully the vouchers don't work if they try and buy alcohol. She couldn't comprehend this at all. Even saying "these are school meal vouchers to help you feed your children, you are trying to buy spirits which they are not meant for" didn't work - her response was "but I want to spend it on the bottles".

Even worse was the other day a woman, who had their kids there, was gonna by £10 of food with the voucher and £10 of cigarettes with cash. No matter what we tried we could not get the voucher to work and were genuinely empathetic. She starting effing and blinding about how she couldn't feed her kids now. We apologised as much as we could and told her who she needs to contact for more help. Do you know what she did in the end? Told us to keep the food and bought the cigarettes with the cash instead 🤬

Tl;dr
Obviously the above are fairly extreme examples, and the majority are not like that, but how do you help those that don't want to be helped? It's all very well people blaming the government and its agencies but you can keep giving people more and more but it makes no difference if the parents don't prioritise their kids. These people will have no problem with leaving shit and rubbish behind on beaches. They won't care about others and that's if they even thought about them anyway.

I worked at Tesco when I was at Uni, it seemed like de rigueur to take your children there to give them a whack and tell them to fuck off. A tactic straight out of the Arsehole's Handbook it seems.

People who leave rubbish and don't pick up after their dogs drive me mad. Caught a chap letting his Labrador having a massive tom tit in the street near me and casually leave it..... the black cloud of rage immediately set in and I ended up dragging the fella back to it to clean it up. Idiot move in hindsight as I can't fight my way out of a wet paper bag; can talk a good game though!

Anyone see the article on the KM about the train packed with people from London to Margate during coronavirus? Irresponsible folk who think "They're going to the beach so why can't I?". Tossers.

Anyone see the article on the KM about the train packed with people from London to Margate during coronavirus? Irresponsible folk who think "They're going to the beach so why can't I?". Tossers.

Probably the same tossers interviewed by local tv saying " I can't believe how many people have come to the beach and there's not much social distancing going on but what can you do?"

What can you do? Go home fuck wit.

Just to counter the "we are all going to hell in a handcart" it isn't always terrible. Me and the missus have been to Tankerton 3 times in recent months. Not packed. Sensible social distancing. No one being stupid. Sat at top of banks, well away from others. Finished off with fish and chips carried 200 yards from local chippie where, again, sensible social distancing was maintained. Glad to report very very little rubbish.

Most of the public seem to be sensible. Obviously, out of 67 million there are also some morons. Tankerton, during weekdays at least, seems to be free of them.

Ps, much though I'm desperatr foe the pub, a Saturday restart seems ludicrous to me.

Ps, much though I'm desperatr foe the pub, a Saturday restart seems ludicrous to me.

Couldn't agree more. Going to pop to Borough for a couple with the chaps early afternoon and then retreat to the safety of home.

It's got "disorder" stamped all over it.

Couldn't agree more. Going to pop to Borough for a couple with the chaps early afternoon and then retreat to the safety of home.

It's got "disorder" stamped all over it.

So many good pubs closed down in the Borough. I used to frequent the Trinity Arms and Red Lion (later called Ruse). Still some touristy type pubs (albeit they`re historic, and been there a long time) down the at the river end of the Borough. You used to be able get a drink in Borough Market (literally) all through the night. Enjoy yer pint.