The Bristol City (a) Thread | Vital Football

The Bristol City (a) Thread

cropped

Vital Squad Member
Toughy. My inexperienced, neutrals instinct tells me Brizzel will win this.

Given Boro have Reading (H) and Rotherham (a) I think they will end on 73 pts. Bristol City have Rams(H), Millwall(a), Hull (a) I think they will finish on 71 points Derby to lose at Bristol, Draw at Swansea and beat WBA and will also finish on 71 points.

So.... it may well be that a draw at Ashton Gate isn't enough... a WIN is needed.

This could well be the crunch match.
Although recent form sees the Robins W2 D2 L2 of the last 6... I cannot find it in my heart to upgrade the result.

Bristol City 2 Derby County 1

( dons tin hat):throw::throw::throw:

No tin hat required, cropped.
Most of us will be surprised if we take anything from Ashton Gate. Yesterday’s three points were fortunate to say the least but this is Derby County who’s ability to surprise is matched only by their capacity to disappoint.
3-1 to Brizzle...hope I’m wrong.

This is nigh on impossible to predict, Heart says Rams, head says Brizzle. 1-1 it is then.

Last edited:
I made a "tai Po" in my earlier post "herat" insetad of heart....... Roger spotted in and made a joke. Nowt EM about it ma duck.

I wrote elsewhere that Waggy wasn't offside early doors when through 1 on 1 with their keeper. This was taken just as the ball left Bogle's foot........ Waggy is onside. I hope tomorrow's officials are better.

Waggy.PNG

Nice image that. Very clever and yep... onside. Have you frozen your TV and took a photo or has your TV got some kind of record and email frame wizardry?

I subscribe to RamsTV, our version of the EFL iFollow. Costs me £12.50 a month for 30 odd live games a year. All the televised games are not available live to me here in NL. HD quality. All games are available, in full, 2 days after the match. 1 day after there are 10 minute highlght shows available as well. I stopped the "full 90" video just as the ball left Bogle's foot and then used the Windows Snipping Tool to make the photo. I called it onside when it happened and I am chuffed technology has proven me right. The incident wasn't replayed during the game but other offside decisions were. Maybe they thought it might incite the crowd as the images are shown on the big screens as well as on all the smaller ones inside the ground. I was amazed the crowd didn't kick up about it but there was little or no murmuring audible.

Plenty of fight today, good breakaways leading to the goals! Bodies on the line to keep a clean sheet, good stuff when results are desperately needed!!
Does anybody know how Tomori is?? All hands needed at Swansea when a win will seal the deal!! Phew, don't it get tense!!

The sort of away display we haven't showed for much of this season. They had 58% possession, 23 shots, 11 of which were on target but only 2 of them required good saves from Roos. The sort of stats we have had at home at times and failed to score. What the stats don't show is the tackling and covering the lads did that made life difficult for Bristol leaving them with only hope and hit chances from outside the box for the most part. Add to that one goalline save by Waghorn, one goalmouth scramble and a Weimann shot that hit the bar and we have a workmanlike perofrmance at the back aided by a little bit of luck. We managed just 8 shots, 4 of which were on target, 2 went in and the other two required decent saves. Two other attempts landed in the net but were ruled out for offside. Bennett was offside for his. I am very undecided on the other. Was it or wasn't it? I will have to wait until I can freeze frame the full 90 tomorrow to check. More of this kind of performance away from home this calendar year would have seen us much further up the table. Playoffs or not. Promotion or not. This was a good away performance IMO and will be a decent foundation for next season. Roos - Getting better as his confidence grows with this run of games. Candidate for MOTM Bogle - Defended well. Caused Bristol problems in attack as well. Took his goal well. Candidate for MOTM Keogh - Solid performance. Tomori/Evans - Shame for Tomori getting an early injury. I hope it isn't a severe one. Evans. I thought Hudds would go CH but Evans went there. Very good performance. Candidate for MOTM Malone - Played well Mount - Defended well, caused them problems going forward, good assist for Lawro's goal. Candidate for MOTM Hudds - Good performance Johnson - Good performance Wilson - Not in it again. Still goes down way too easily. I know he has scored a lot of goals but I keep asking myself, is he a luxury we can't afford? Waghorn - Yet another workmanlike peformance. Put himself about, Attacked. Defended. Lawrence - Got himself a goal and I hope that sparks him on to be the player he can be. Referee. Not many mistakes and got the important decisions right IMO. The 1 decision I think he got totally wrong was booking Lawro. Lawro slipped over. Yes, he did cause their player to go over but once he fell there was no intent and a card was wrong. It was a free kick. No doubt about that but that incident did not warrant a card. The subs. Already mentioned Evans. Nuge was Nuge. Bennett? Used his speed and strength to win the ball, good pass (and we didn't have many of those) to Waggy who slid Mount in who hit his shot wide. Assist for Bogle's goal (Don't those 2 work well together in both attack and defence?) and some good defensive work. Seems to be cementing himself the impact sub role.

Back to the dodgy offside decisions......... Bennett was well off for his disallowed goal. Howeverm I didn't think at the time and still don't think that Lawro was offside for his disallowed goal. Who needs VAR when you've got the Amster?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 2
Well, what a result - and being honest I've been a little distracted what with my County managing their first title in 53 years :love: - that result at Ashton Gate really did catch me by surprise.

So now I have the Rams on 74 points and beating Leeds over two legs to meet Villa in the Wembley final. How's that sound? Need to up my meds?

Well, what a result - and being honest I've been a little distracted what with my County managing their first title in 53 years :love: - that result at Ashton Gate really did catch me by surprise.

So now I have the Rams on 74 points and beating Leeds over two legs to meet Villa in the Wembley final. How's that sound? Need to up my meds?

I'm hoping for a repeat of history. We lose playoffs when we are supposed to win them and vice versa. A Wembley repeat against a WBA side who would, again, be favourites to win would do me just fine.

Latest Rams News