The Boubacar Kamara Thread | Vital Football

The Boubacar Kamara Thread

So it looks like Stevie G and Purslows trip to the French Riviera wasn't just a jolly after all. Proves it's worthwhile getting all the management team in front of potential signings when you're up against big clubs
Great bit of business by the club and refreshing to get one done early doors for a change.

So it looks like Stevie G and Purslows trip to the French Riviera wasn't just a jolly after all. Proves it's worthwhile getting all the management team in front of potential signings when you're up against big clubs
Great bit of business by the club and refreshing to get one done early doors for a change.

Boubacar said: “When I met with Steven, Christian and Johan I knew Aston Villa was for me. Their ambition and determination to succeed matches my own. I cannot wait for pre-season to get going.”

Yes , better than doing it by Teams as was suggested we should have.

Thank god for that - please say we're shipping Luiz this Summer - this guy, Nakamba and Ibuprofen are more than enough cover for DM.

Irrelevant because Luiz isn't a DM and if he is shipped it won't be because of the DM cover we now have.

And btw, you haven't seen anywhere near enough of Tim to suggest he is adequate Premier league level cover but do so to justify your anti thoughts on Luiz . No one has seen enough.

Last edited:
Thank god for that - please say we're shipping Luiz this Summer - this guy, Nakamba and Ibuprofen are more than enough cover for DM.

I have no idea what he’s like but the deal was quick, slick and he seems to be a great addition. However, I do know that Nakamba doesn’t have the quality to even be a stand in. I’d keep Luiz over him any day and by the look of the team selection yesterday so would Gerrard.

Boubacar said: “When I met with Steven, Christian and Johan I knew Aston Villa was for me. Their ambition and determination to succeed matches my own. I cannot wait for pre-season to get going.”

Yes , better than doing it by Teams as was suggested we should have.
I stand corrected on the Purslow jolly. We have now signed Digne, Coutinho, Kamara, Olsen and Chambers for a grand total of £42m odd under Gerrard. Whilst his abilities can be criticised in some quarters recruitment isn't one of them.

I’m in shock! Great bit of business if the reports of the big clubs he was linked to is true! Two signings already!

We’ll sort everything out early doors at this rate and have nothing to speculate on all summer 😅

Welcome Boubacar!

Yep get those season tickets bought ;)

I stand corrected on the Purslow jolly. We have now signed Digne, Coutinho, Kamara, Olsen and Chambers for a grand total of £42m odd under Gerrard. Whilst his abilities can be criticised in some quarters recruitment isn't one of them.
I was going to say very similar, we have 5 players there for peanuts compared to shelling out 68m for the championship finest the last 2 seasons, 4 of who have played in the PL before. Kamara has just made the French squad which is no mean feat with the squad they have