The Boubacar Kamara Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Boubacar Kamara Thread

Kamara and Coutinho..what a window so far. Who'd have thought we'd be getting these types of players a couple of years ago?? Early doors aswel so full pre season in them both. Don't expect another signing for a while now but happy days! Don't know much about him other than people's opinions and highlights but we needed a proper DM now we got one!!

Don't know much about this lad, but his pedigree in one so young is encouraging, and if nothing else it's a signal of intent from B6 to the rest of our competitors in the Premier league.
Welcome.

Obviously, he is crap because he was free and we didn't bid 50m for him apparently you have to pay 50m if you want quality
57....no one, I think, has said that you HAVE to pay 50m to get quality. Personally I said that if we wanted JWP or Bissouma, we should have made a bigger bid than a measly 25m and upto 50m.
Its really interesting particularly my comment then about buying Bissouma in the January window. We bid 25m so we wanted him but Brighton turned that bid down. I commented that even by paying over the odds we would recoup some of that money by finishing 5 places higher in the league. This was a guess of mine of course, and someone on this forum was critucal of my comment. Strangely he was right and I was wrong. We finished at least 6 places below what MAY have been possible with a proper DM in place of Luiz. And as far as finance is concerned, Mike will probably correct me if Im wrong, but we would have been given 15m more by the Premier League for finishing 6 places higher. And, probably, we would not have to have gone through February to May watching some of the embarrassing performances that we have seen.
Im all for getting in quality players at any price, free or not, as long as it improves the Villa. Let us hope that Kamara is the player that will fill the gap that has been apparent for too long. UTV

Bit weird he's been photoshopped into this seasons Kappa shirt when he'll never actually wear it, and the fact that the Kappa deal will be over.

Love the fact he's only 22, and has a kid with his long term girlfriend and a 2nd on the way.

Seems a well grounded family man. No chance of him going out partying every night.

Very important to get the right people and personalities. It's not all about ability.

Looks good, but we've been here before, so let's wait and see. On a free, looks to be a good bit of business though.

However, he seems to be this holding type/defensive midfielder/deep lying playmaker that everyone has been screaming for (myself included) months, so what will Villa forums talk about now?

Looks good, but we've been here before, so let's wait and see. On a free, looks to be a good bit of business though.

However, he seems to be this holding type/defensive midfielder/deep lying playmaker that everyone has been screaming for (myself included) months, so what will Villa forums talk about now?

A new no.9 hopefully!