The Blades ( Finishing position this season ) | Vital Football

The Blades ( Finishing position this season )

OurGert

Vital Squad Member
Just a bit of bollox ... let’s have yer predictions..... just the number 1-24

Nailed on 3

8th without 2 new centre backs coming in. 6th if we have them and a chance in the play offs. I expect a period of transition - that favourite word of the previous owner. SJ has changed the Sports Science side which is a big plus but its the same people doing the recruitment and negotiating ins and outs hence the current snail pace transfer activity.

Slav needs to implement his own style preferably the 4-2-3-1 formation that served him so well at Watford and Fulham. We don't have enough players capable of playing this so it may take a season to get it right with a number being shown the door.

Off the field we need to be concentrating on Sheffield United and not United World utilising the experience we have of foreign players, bringing a number of them to the Club with a view to building a team capable of sustaining a significant period of time in the EPL. If it takes 2 seasons to get up then so be it if we have the building blocks in place. Much will depend on the Princes financial commitment to the Club in the next 12 months. So far so good but we need to go up a level now.

Champions by Easter(or Slav will be in trouble) Auto promotion at worst,Believe in DEM MIGHTY BLADES folks,i do.:yes:UTB

Too early to say imo depends what the squad looks like in a months time is my sit on the fence answer

Going for 7th - it's the Blades way.

I know what we should be capable of, I know what the expectations are, I also know that expectations and SUFC are not a good combination so, excuse the pessimism, I hope I'm wrong but I just can't see where all this optimism comes from given the dire performances and lack of production from the strikes.

The CW era was our alignment of the stars moment when everything combined to produce a rise so spectacular that we had our breath taken away- and thanks for that.

Now , I reckon, we're back to holding our breath.

I'm not going to make a prediction yet, as we haven't signed or sold anyone, and haven't even played a proper friendly. However, I would like to point out that despite finishing bottom of the league, our current form is actually decent. In 2021 we were the 14th best team in the Premier League, which would have been hailed as a good second season if we had performed the same in the first half as well. Could the players regress back to the performances of the first 17 games? Perhaps (although I think there were a lot of mitigating circumstances which hopefully won't exist anymore) but I was pleased that we earned a bit of respectability by the end, especially the 3 wins from the last 6 games which showed that we weren't just feeling sorry for ourselves after being relegated. There's no reason why this same group, with a few additions, can't get promoted again. Whether we do or not is up to them and the new management team.

Anyone seen the odds on the S6 lot getting promotion? Could be worth a flutter
for the right reason.

Anyone seen the odds on the S6 lot getting promotion? Could be worth a flutter
for the right reason.
11/4 for promotion not good odds imo
or were you meaning to win the league it’s still only 8/1 I’d want more than that
i’ll probably still back em just to put the hoodoo on em