The Birmingham City (a) Thread | Vital Football

The Birmingham City (a) Thread

cropped

Vital Squad Member
Not my favourite ground. Each time I have been to St. Andrews with (Stockport) County I have had a less than pleasant experience. Looking at the other clubs in the mix, and I am discounting Villa now I predict; Brizzel will bounce back after being stung at Villa Park and take three points at home to Reading. Boro will beat Stoke up at Ayresome... er..I mean The Riverside. The Rams I predict will have a tough time against The Blues and I forecast a draw. Which will be a big blow. Talking utter nonsense again? It's what I do.....

Sounds pretty accurate to me Cropped!! A draw is most likely, if we can somehow produce our best then great but 2-2 is my prediction! If we do turn up then maybe we nick it 1-2 but it would mean us overcoming our inability to sustain performances at the max which has so far eluded us!!

If we get six points from this and QPR then the Brizzle match becomes huge...but, I fear we’ll be outfought by a Brum side who suddenly have relegation fears. 2-1 to them.:sorry:

If we get six points from this and QPR then the Brizzle match becomes huge...but, I fear we’ll be outfought by a Brum side who suddenly have relegation fears. 2-1 to them.:sorry:

The only one of the bottom 3 that can catch Brum is Rotherham. The Millers' last 4 games are:

Swansea (A)
Brum (H)
WBA (A)
Boro (H)

Brum have:

Derby (A)
Rotherham (A)
Wigan (H)
Reading (A)

There are currently 6 points between the 2 clubs but Brum's goal difference is 30 better than Rotherham's. I can't see Rotherham getting 7 points more than Brum from the final 4 fixtures.

Mathematically Brum could indeed could go down but for that to happen, Rotherham would have to achieve Mission Impossible and collect 7 points more than Brum (or 6 more and score 30 odd goals doing so) AND Wigan + Millwall would need to get 5 points more than Brum due to inferior GD AND Reading 3 points more.......

£100 says Brum are well safe. All the bookies have them between 50/1 and 100/1 to go down. The bookies are generally right. In fact when you look at what would have to happen to see Blues drop then 100/1 is very stingy odds the bookies are offering. Should be closer to 500/1 or higher.

BTW - those same bookies have Bristol and Boro as more likely to make the playoffs than us.........

Latest Rams News