The Big C | Vital Football

The Big C

woodhallcanary

Vital Youth Team
Hi everybody. A little bit off football topics, but i'm going for it anyway. As some of you will know from an earlier thread, my Dad sadly passed away on December 12th after a 3 month battle with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.

As a result of this, and in his memory my wife has decided to have her head shaved for charity (her hair is shoulder length and this will be a big deal for her). All donations will be going to The Big C, which if you don't know is a Norfolk and Waveney based Cancer Charity. During time he spent in the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, he used the facilities at the Big C Centre which is situated in the hospital grounds. The staff there provided great support and advice both during and after his illness.

I know that times are hard but if anybody feels that they are able to donate (no matter how big or small) to this worthwhile charity, both my wife and I would be very grateful. All donations can be made on her justgiving page, hopefully by using the following link. Thanks

www.justgiving.com/LeahKendle

Or by text message : Txt LCHS85 then your donation amount ie £5 to 70070

that is brave thing for your wife to do Woodhall . I hope she raises lots of money for a great cause. Will donate

I cant do links on I Pad , but I think on a laptop you go to Leahs page , right click on the web address , and click on Copy. Then go back to your post on here and right click , highlight Paste and left click . Apolgies if I am wrong .

Woodhall , I just went to the JustGiving site and searched your wife's name and have donated . Sorry its a small amount and I cant gift aid as I don't pay any tax !

YB my wife just saw you had donated and we thank you very much. The amount is not important, it all goes to a great cause.
Thanks for the link info I will try that out

I found the thread and managed to copy and paste the link into my browser. It worked first time and was easy peasy to donate. Good Luck to your wife Woodhall and I hope she raises tons of money for the charity.

Some of you on this forum know my brother. He was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in its advanced stages 10 years ago. It is a dreadful cancer. On and off , he spent weeks in the Norfolk and Norwich receiving treatment. After several bouts of chemo failed to get rid of it, he was given a stem cell transfer as a last ditch attempt to clear it. Fortunately it was successful. There were times when he was very ill and, for the first time since he was a boy, he missed loads of NCFC matches. I didn't think he would reach 50 but he will be 56 in June!! His immune system has been shot to pieces and he has some issues as a result of the treatment, but the important thing is he was one of the more fortunate ones to survive.

If you haven't been able to donate to Leah's charity yet, it is a very worthwhile cause and well worth doing so.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sminky, thank you very much for your generous donation. With Leah's head shave looming on Saturday, she last night passed the £1000 mark on her donation page, plus she has had cash donations. So a healthy total looks in order. Many thanks

A massive thank you to those of you that supported my wifes charity head shave. She had her event yesterday and raised £690 on the day. With the £1165 in donations she has received on her just giving page she has raised in excess of £1800 for The Big C, which i'm sure you'll agree is amazing !!!

Woodhall. Congratulations to Leah!! It is not an easy thing for a lady to have her head shaved, but I am sure she she looks beautiful and has done an amazing thing for a very good cause. Well done to an amazing lady, who has raised money for a charity close to my heart!! If you haven't donated already you can still do so!! See earlier posts. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: